Since Calgar got the Primaris treatment...

Rasclomalum

As long we can still play characters who are dead in lore (which to me is no more fluff breaking than having characters who are alive in lore die in a game--which they do all the time) I'd be cool with a noble death for Logan. Ragnar is the obvious choice for Primaris.

I struggle to imagine how they'd Primaris TDA characters because Primaris really don't have a TDA equivalent. That might be my bias talking as I hate the halfway-Centurion look of Aggressors and I generally dislike built-in arm weapons on anything but a Dreadnought or something subtle like Logan's Storm Bolter, especially for characters. Logan should be able to set his axe down and eat a sandwich. But I digress. I just can't picture Aggressor versions of beatstick characters like Logan or Arjac.

Arjac becoming Primaris also doesn't sit great with me as his whole motif is that he would rather be blacksmithing and he only fights at Logan's behest because of their personal bromance. I've always assumed Arjac kind of wishes he wasn't so dang strong and thus obligated to fight all the time-so undergoing a dangerous procedure to become stronger doesn't seem like him.

I don't see why we can't have new characters as Primaris, why just re-boot an old character, when you could create a whole new character with their own lore, weapons etc.  The Primaris have been around long enough (in the 40k timeline) that they would have their own heroes, so why not have a Primaris work his way up to fill one of the empty (one of the lost Wolf Lords) spaces?

I'd love to see a new Ragnar model, but as other have said making him or any other existing character into Primaris causes so many issues with the rules, so the easier option is a new hero to lead the Primaris.

I'm finding this dragonball Z esque transformation into primaris a little off putting and perverted. Primaris stuff is pretty sexy but seems to have lost a lot wolfy identity in the process. 

I can see why they're doing it... But no thank you. 

It's like gw are saying "we heard you like space marines, so we're turning your space marines into space marines". They're probably ok with charging through the nose for a model like this too. 

I'm finding this dragonball Z esque transformation into primaris a little off putting and perverted. Primaris stuff is pretty sexy but seems to have lost a lot wolfy identity in the process. 

It's like gw are saying "we heard you like space marines, so we're turning your space marines into space marines". They're probably ok with charging through the nose for a model like this too.

That's simply because we haven't been given actual SW models except the upgrade sprues and the Battle Leader. Both of them are pretty SW-ish. Once we have most of the vanilla stuff out they may release the non-codex Marine units.

As for "wolfy", there was that new Facebook account on the 40k page that said that the "wolfiness" was getting turned down with the Primaris. Everyone dismissed it as a rumor monger or troll.

The other being weapons. Calgar weapons we're just Agressors weapons, they may get the master crafted treatment like Primaris Captains now do. However claws, frost swords, hammers are not on the Primaris weapon list. Then again they just gave UMs shields.

If you look at the model, Calgar is still wielding the Gauntlets of Ultramar. So, no. He's still got his pimp-hands. Which means a Primaris'd Ragnar would have his weapons, maybe just upgraded?

The Gauntlets of Ultramar are a badge of office of the Chapter Master of the Ultramarines, so Marneus Calgar has to have them. Ragnar Blackmane isn't so tied to his wargear/weapons.

13th co, old wolves and bulveye yes.

Because they did it before and they will survive becoming a primaris.

I disagree on this. The 13th Company should remain a relic of the Horus Heresy/Scouring in terms of its appearance and theme. While some of the Primaris were converted at that time, the Primaris as a whole are a Dark Millenium addition. The distinction of the 13th Company should remain, regardless of whether or not they might survive the conversion/upgrade process.

That's simply because we haven't been given actual SW models except the upgrade sprues and the Battle Leader. Both of them are pretty SW-ish. Once we have most of the vanilla stuff out they may release the non-codex Marine units.

As for "wolfy", there was that new Facebook account on the 40k page that said that the "wolfiness" was getting turned down with the Primaris. Everyone dismissed it as a rumor monger or troll.

I'm still put off even with your great explanation. I just remember PP hiking up the prices of all the new stuff and it killing it for everyone. Worried we're getting the same treatment. 

I'm also not behind the story, which for me along with some others is a factor. I think it's a contrived from top to bottom. For what is a beer and pretzels game, the lore is important. Contrivance isn't a satisfying thing! People want to imagine stuff and come up with wild ideas. Something I've seen nearly none of on these forums for quite some time. 

I'll riot if they kill Grimnar and upsize someone for a primaris Great Wolf.

Riot.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.  Grimnar has a relatively new plastic kit and a very important figure in the lore. When they killed off Wolf Lords in Curse of the Wulfen and Fall of Cadia, they picked Wolf Lords that didn't have official models (but just enough definition and detail that their demises had impact).

Central, classical figures in 40k clearly aren't going anywhere. Calgar is relevant again. Hell they couldn't even keep Eldrad dead.

I feel like a heroic death for Grimnar and  Ragnar becoming Primaris is exactly the sort of shakeup that is needed. 

If Ragnar is the future of the chapter, and the setting is moving forward then move it forward. 

Grimnar is great,  but I think that if done properly it could be a very interesting thing. 

I feel like a heroic death for Grimnar and  Ragnar becoming Primaris is exactly the sort of shakeup that is needed. 

If Ragnar is the future of the chapter, and the setting is moving forward then move it forward. 

Grimnar is great,  but I think that if done properly it could be a very interesting thing. 

I dont really want grimnar to die. but if he did go die, I'd like to be in a badass way, and for him to get a thanks from russ before he passes.

( maybe finding russ )

=(

The other being weapons. Calgar weapons we're just Agressors weapons, they may get the master crafted treatment like Primaris Captains now do. However claws, frost swords, hammers are not on the Primaris weapon list. Then again they just gave UMs shields.

If you look at the model, Calgar is still wielding the Gauntlets of Ultramar. So, no. He's still got his pimp-hands. Which means a Primaris'd Ragnar would have his weapons, maybe just upgraded?

The Gauntlets of Ultramar are a badge of office of the Chapter Master of the Ultramarines, so Marneus Calgar has to have them. Ragnar Blackmane isn't so tied to his wargear/weapons.

Ragnar is tied to his Frost Sword, yes. It's a bit of a point of his backstory before becoming a Wolf Lord.

Me 1 year ago: Primaris statlines are so cool, I am going to play them and to supplement their shooting I will fit them into melee-oriented army - SW!

Me now: how can one even dare to put these artificial crap on one table with true sons of Russ???

Do not play/own Grimnar, but I just do not want my guys to run under the primaris boss :(

The shift over to all primaris characters is something that was always going to happen....but Im much more open to the idea of them simply creating new 3-4 new primaris characters for us to run alongside/replace the old guard. I would expect at least a new primaris wolf lord, maybe a rune priest as well,

Arjac becoming Primaris also doesn't sit great with me as his whole motif is that he would rather be blacksmithing and he only fights at Logan's behest because of their personal bromance. I've always assumed Arjac kind of wishes he wasn't so dang strong and thus obligated to fight all the time-so undergoing a dangerous procedure to become stronger doesn't seem like him. 

In my mind arjac is an absolute giant even amongst primaris astartes. As such he's already stronger than primaris so why bother with the upgrade at all :biggrin.::biggrin.:

Don't mind them kiling off a few old characters (lukas, canis).....but arjac for me is the coolest one of our characters. If something does happen to him (and as grimnars bodyguard...it should happen to him before it happens to grimnar), he should definately end up riding in a relic leviathan dreadnought or something suitably beefy after a glorious last stand. 

The shift over to all primaris characters is something that was always going to happen....but Im much more open to the idea of them simply creating new 3-4 new primaris characters for us to run alongside/replace the old guard. I would expect at least a new primaris wolf lord, maybe a rune priest as well,

In my mind arjac is an absolute giant even amongst primaris astartes. As such he's already stronger than primaris so why bother with the upgrade at all :biggrin.::biggrin.:

Don't mind them kiling off a few old characters (lukas, canis).....but arjac for me is the coolest one of our characters. If something does happen to him (and as grimnars bodyguard...it should happen to him before it happens to grimnar), he should definately end up riding in a relic leviathan dreadnought or something suitably beefy after a glorious last stand. 

Man, I would love if they just were like eh, yea heres some mk.X Arjak go bust heads.

Primaris stuff is pretty sexy but seems to have lost a lot wolfy identity in the process.

3Gk2fv6.jpg

I mean, the wolfiness is why I see most people insulting/making fun of the Space Wolves. I see more people using the whole "Wolf Lord Wolfwolf of the Space Wolves riding a thunder Wolf with his Wolf Claws and Wolf-bolter"

The SHEER wolfiness does make them obnoxiously silly.

I think Ragnar going primaris is fine. and fitting.

THe Young King, will lead after grimnar's passing no doubt.

---------------

While I would also like new Heros.

Lukas as primaris would be really interesting. As I expect he would merge Reiver armor and inceptor/gravis somehow.

- I could see him leading sqauds of reivers, also ignoring the transport limits.

It would be fin to get a character primaris for whom leads the Wolfspear chapter.

also maybe a "techmarine primaris" for whoever is the new leader of the iron wolves

I would love for a space wolves special Gravis armor ranged leader, who has dual helfrost blasters

Primaris stuff is pretty sexy but seems to have lost a lot wolfy identity in the process.

3Gk2fv6.jpg

I mean, the wolfiness is why I see most people insulting/making fun of the Space Wolves. I see more people using the whole "Wolf Lord Wolfwolf of the Space Wolves riding a thunder Wolf with his Wolf Claws and Wolf-bolter"

She SHEER wolfiness does make them obnoxiously silly.

What is that pic supposed to be? I cant unpack it in my brain.

Archived