Since Calgar got the Primaris treatment...

Rasclomalum

also maybe a "techmarine primaris" for whoever is the new leader of the iron wolves

Slightly off-topic but I am puzzled by the lack of a Primaris Techmarine since all the other types of Characters are present in the Primaris range. They also have half of one present as the Repulsor gunner, the dude just needs some legs.

also maybe a "techmarine primaris" for whoever is the new leader of the iron wolves

Slightly off-topic but I am puzzled by the lack of a Primaris Techmarine since all the other types of Characters are present in the Primaris range. They also have half of one present as the Repulsor gunner, the dude just needs some legs.

Never understood why GW provide a Tech Marine to man the guns on some of their transports, of all the troops onboard, the last one you want poking his head out is the only one who can fix it!

I love the idea Arjac getting the Primaris treatment and ending up needing to wear a cut-down Dreadnought suit because nothing in the Primaris or regular armoury fits him anymore. :biggrin.:

Or.....arjac + primaris treatment = holy  :censored:  we've found russ!!

Seems to be a theme developing with characters being packaged together with a couple of other "bodyguard" type models. Calgar and his bird face shield guys, Celestine and her Gemini.

Now can anyone think of any Space Wolf characters that could come accompanied by a pair of somethings? :D

Seems to be a theme developing with characters being packaged together with a couple of other "bodyguard" type models. Calgar and his bird face shield guys, Celestine and her Gemini.

Now can anyone think of any Space Wolf characters that could come accompanied by a pair of somethings? :D

I’m not a Ragnar guy but I’d welcome that a ton actually, more wolf sculpts would be great. Extra points if they include a generic version to attach to other characters.

TBH I'd rather they didn't give old characters the Primaris treatment. Make new characters and give them their own backstorys. Just kill off the old crowd and stop ramming Primaris crap down the throats of those who don't want it. 

But alas it seems that GW don't care about people who want to continue with old marines, as I wont be buying or using any Primaris marines I'll keep my opinion to myself and leave the convo now. 

Now can anyone think of any Space Wolf characters that could come accompanied by a pair of somethings? :biggrin.:

I'd want either Freki or Geri or both, and then whoever Russ has in charge of the retainers who went with him when he took off on his quest (I wouldn't want it to be a runepriest or wolfpriest as we already have Njal and Ulrik, but a Wulfen character might add something new).

I doubt anyone as GW was slick enough to do this on purpose to intentionally make it a hint for a later release but the new SW fluff has ragnar adapting to the primaris and implementing them in his great company.

would make sense for him to get upgraded and have some special primaris guards

Now can anyone think of any Space Wolf characters that could come accompanied by a pair of somethings? :biggrin.:

I'd want either Freki or Geri or both, and then whoever Russ has in charge of the retainers who went with him when he took off on his quest (I wouldn't want it to be a runepriest or wolfpriest as we already have Njal and Ulrik, but a Wulfen character might add something new).

Now I want a wulfen reiver character

Never understood why GW provide a Tech Marine to man the guns on some of their transports, of all the troops onboard, the last one you want poking his head out is the only one who can fix it!

the progression has never really been laid out in the fluff, but i think vehicle crewing is part of the progression in becoming fully fledged iron priests/techmarines. 

i mean, its not like contemporary military where there's a breakdown between soldier who are pilots and then the mechanics and engineers. only those initiated into the cult get to interact with sacred machines, and that includes operating them.

the progression has never really been laid out in the fluff, but i think vehicle crewing is part of the progression in becoming fully fledged iron priests/techmarines.

i mean, its not like contemporary military where there's a breakdown between soldier who are pilots and then the mechanics and engineers. only those initiated into the cult get to interact with sacred machines, and that includes operating them.

fluff has non tech marine pilots

in first battle of fang a wolf scout flew to get help

ragnar series mentions grey hunters as pilots as well i believe. i think ragnar was contemplating being a pilot himself

and there is Lukas who car jacked his flyer

Given that we have the rules for the new Primaris Calgar its fair to say he went up in power considerably, a Primaris Ragnar or Dante would be quite something to see if that's the kind of boost in characteristics we could expect for future Primaris-upgraded characters.

Had a thought today on this topic. We know that Ragnar is famed for his drop pod assaults. We also know Primaris marines cannot use drop pods. Well what if we get a Primaris Ragnar in a customized suit of MK X Phobos armour? Calgar gets custom Gravis, all Aggressor style. Reiver style could fit Ragnar given its description of being used to drop in from low orbit.

“Their sleek and lightweight Mk X Phobos armour can be fitted with grav-chutes that allow the Reivers to be dropped into battle from low orbit. The grav-chutes’ paired fins are used to guide the Reivers’ descent, allowing them to glide along mountain ridges and around hive spires without leaving the contrail of a jump pack or Drop Pod, which would alert the enemy to their presence.”

Grav-chutes and drop pods have similar deployment rules too. Plus I could swear I read something about Ragnar embracing and using Reivers a lot. The Young King becomes the Reiver Lord? And while Reivers are described as akin in demeanor to Scouts, I feel like they have a lot in common with Blood Claws too, being the only Primaris thus far who have the option of going all close combat focused (pistols and swords).

Had a thought today on this topic. We know that Ragnar is famed for his drop pod assaults. We also know Primaris marines cannot use drop pods. Well what if we get a Primaris Ragnar in a customized suit of MK X Phobos armour? Calgar gets custom Gravis, all Aggressor style. Reiver style could fit Ragnar given its description of being used to drop in from low orbit.

“Their sleek and lightweight Mk X Phobos armour can be fitted with grav-chutes that allow the Reivers to be dropped into battle from low orbit. The grav-chutes’ paired fins are used to guide the Reivers’ descent, allowing them to glide along mountain ridges and around hive spires without leaving the contrail of a jump pack or Drop Pod, which would alert the enemy to their presence.”

Grav-chutes and drop pods have similar deployment rules too. Plus I could swear I read something about Ragnar embracing and using Reivers a lot. The Young King becomes the Reiver Lord? And while Reivers are described as akin in demeanor to Scouts, I feel like they have a lot in common with Blood Claws too, being the only Primaris thus far who have the option of going all close combat focused (pistols and swords).

As much as I hate primaris... This is a really cool idea and I hope it goes forward!

What has surprised me is that we have the upgrade sprue for the Wolves, but they have not been bundled with the Primaris boxed units yet, could this mean we are getting something different?

That's... A really good catch

What has surprised me is that we have the upgrade sprue for the Wolves, but they have not been bundled with the Primaris boxed units yet, could this mean we are getting something different?

Damn you and your infectious “hope”.

Damn you and your infectious “hope”.

Hmmmmm, "hope" might be a little strong, but I can't see that GW forgot to bundle this up like the other chapters box sets.

I think they weren't bundled with wolves because we got tooth and claw. Its possible that they include them with new primaris kits, but I we'll have to wait and see.

Tooth and claw has other weird things like how our only Primaris Lt. Is stuck in the box and not separately like everyone else's.

Now people have said they did Tooth and Claw in order to bundle a less popular army with a more popular army to sell the less popular army. I can't find someone to buy the GSC half of Tooth and Claw, which is annoying because I want the Lt to modify.

Archived