"Primarization" of Future Special Characters

Sete

... Good, GOD people.

Between the doom-saying here and the groups on Facebook, I can understand why someone like Forté, who's an amazing modeller and painter all-but disappeared for a while. Because this is ridiculous, and not in the fun Orky way.

The doom-saying is toxic, which causes people like Reclusiarch Krieg to call out the doom-sayers in the best (ie: most blunt and direct) manner, which comes off as toxic, which causes the people who aren't the whining nay-sayers to get annoyed, which makes everyone as toxic and PO'd as everyone else.

Ok, so do you want to come to my house and hold them in your hand and tell me that the Chaos marine isn't bigger than a deathwatch marine if only a mm smaller than the Primaris? I have calipers?

You need to look again,or actually talk the talk and use the calipers.

I was playing a game of Blackstone Fortress last night at my friend's place, and I had my Deathwatch Marines with me. I compared the Black Legion marines (NOT the Primaris-sized Obsidius) to Deathwatch and Space Marine Heroes. ALL ARE THE SAME SIZE.

Edit:

Ooook.

=][= As soon as targeted comments get nasty, then the life of the thread will end.  Be constructive with opinions, please. =][=

Whoops :lol: You posted that at the same time my response went through :lol:

Also read my last post. The Studio have no plans to release new classic Marines.

There's plenty of potential for new kits. It's only a lack of imagination that supports the idea that Classic Marines can't have anything new.

Hell, make Classic Marines open the vaults to HH wargear and reuse Breachers and Destroyers again. That would make plenty of people happy.

So in this scenario, adding 40k rules to HH FW miniatures would be enough support? That's..pretty easily doable, I think. 

I will say that your last post was intentionally ignored because I don't really think we want to get into discussing what 'inside anonymous sources' have claimed or said. That isn't constructive, helpful, or in any way verifiable.

I really do think GW would get a lot of good will back as it is a solid action rather than words.

As for the source... It's a well known YouTuber.

I don't expect people to take what I say any more than we should accept what GW says. I'm surprised people can't see the hypocrisy of saying we have to accept GW word but dismiss mine?

Doom saying? An ad hominem attack to dismiss our position you mean.

I'm posting only in the relevant threads (pretty much this one) so you can enjoy your Primaris in their relevant threads.

I certainly wouldn't defend Kreig if I was a Frater.

Honestly, there is no hypocrisy, the simple reason I would take what GW said in a seminar that I sat in over a guy on the internet, is I can verifiably say he works at GW and holds a role where he should know these things, whilst the guy on the internet might well know stuff, I have no real source of reference as to the veracity of the guy on the internet.

Sorry, thats genuinely not meant as an insult, purely an explanation of why I'm choosing to believe one person over another.

p.s. giving some more support for 30k units in 40k could be cool.

:rolleyes: Jog on, compadre. I already measured them.

Way to be dismissive, rude and insulting.

Doom saying? An ad hominem attack to dismiss our position you mean.

I certainly wouldn't defend Kreig if I was a Frater.

Way to be a proper Moderati, mate. "Don't defend him if you're regular users". Or what?

Oh, and Rohr? Way to be dead wrong, pal. Chosen from the DA vs CSM starter (first iteration of the new sculpt technology), Primaris Marine, Blackstone Fortress CSM.

gnCGXov.jpg

Ta! :D

The normal chaos guys still aren’t Primaris sized. The lord is an exception, but he is a lord and probably has been swollen by the warp or something or is just abnormally big.

The last classic marines realeased, the heroes terminators, are the same size as their older terminator counterparts, give or take a few points of an mm depending on the specific marine.

It’s seems no one ever noticed the CSM chosen were upsized back in 2012 :lol:

It’s not just the marines who have been upsized though, it seems to be going on with the whole range now. Look at normal humans released in the last couple of years or so. The voidsmen from rogue trader, the Necromunda orlocks and van saar and the chaos guardsmen from BSF are nearly as tall as the BSF chaos marines.

The lord is Primaris sized. The Chaos marines are taller than the Deathwatch by a little bit. The new chaos marines are comparable to deathguard, all of which are larger than oldmarines. Which means oldmarines could've been given the same treatment as deathwatch and more preferably the new chaos marines.

Forget it. Go back and measure the DW model like I said.

Just admit you were wrong, like a big boy. The Chaos Marine is not "few mm" smaller than the Primaris, the Primaris is head and shoulders above the top of both CSM's heads.

For once, admit you were wrong. Once.

I will just put my .2 on this.

Using chaos marines to defend your position is grasping at straws at least Krieg. If anything the classic marines people are refering to are the loyalist kits.

And you know I usually agree with you.

This said, GW will make money from both lines for years to come. Just check the AoS line.

There are still plenty plastic stuff from Warhammer reboxed and sold.

The oldmarines aren't going anywhere in the near future, but to think they are going to be the narrative focus is just being naive. It's Primaris marines (and lately the worst kind of them >:) ) everywhere. The fluff has been nothing less than utter garbage. But can't say ive read a lot of books. Majority of them again is Ultramarines (what a trend).

Emperor Spears will be the first one I'll be picking focusing solely on Primaris, so let's hope ADB wrote something tastefull.

And now bringing this back on topic, what Ultramarine Caracther are we seeing next? Sicarius? The other dude in blue? Or the scout dude in blue?

Maybe Cassius? I dunno there are a :cuss ton of them.

I personally want to see Khan. And with a Primaris bike to boot.

This is not how we do things here; such behaviour will not be tolerated. We should be able to discuss even contested subjects like this with civility and mutual respect. That is in woefully short supply here.

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

We will review this topic for clean up and potentially re-opening, but given the above I wouldn't hold your breath. Very disappointing indeed.

Archived