"Primarization" of Future Special Characters

Sete

I want to know the process, and I hope to the Emperor that it isn't something horribly stupid - like they take a bath in a tank or something. We're talking implantation and activation of three new organs that have some interaction with the old ones, so give us a good idea of how that works.

It is nice to know the forward direction - I can wrap up my Stoneburners army and leave it alone except for gaming.

GW really needs to kick it into gear with making some good Primaris stuff though, there are too many things I'm struggling to convert to ever really want a Primaris army. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy now, I don't know, or I'm no longer a Marine enthusiast. I don't feel like the Marines only movement options should be foot, grapple gun, jump pack/gliding of some kind, or the Repulsor.

At this point, I'd rather see GW "explore the future" with some new characters than "upgrade" every named Marine character - let some of the old guard go in a blaze of glory and give us new heroes to follow.

Well Valrak mentioned in the N&R thread that whatever it was almost killed Calgar, so maybe some volunteered for it (Calgar and some 1st co vets or something) and he was the only one to survive? Could be a reason as to why they don't do it whole scale as its too risky to wipe out almost all the current marines leaving the Imperium to be even more screwed.

If we do get Primaris Grimnar, then maybe they can ditch the stupid sleigh!

However I think they will do the older resin models first before moving on, so like Ragnar. Curious how they will do Terminator characters

I see a primaris Ragnar.

And knowing the 13tj co old wolves.

They'll go through the primaris treatment and survive

Probably won’t be applied to classic marines as a whole if it’s a rare process that only the strongest marines like calgar can barely survive.

I expect we will see a new Ragnar Primaris version though, surely RT era 2D Ragnar can’t go on for longer :lol:

I don't get why this is always a case of "nearly died" during such and such process all the time like Astartes don't face enough trials of endurance in their lifetimes as it is, it's lazy writing. 

This is the 41st Millenia where science isn't understood and you'll probably end up dead anyway.

So, when mephiston gets primarized. He's going to practically be an avatar of sanguinis.

I'd rate mephiston as the #1 most powerful marine already.

And of that note, ragnar primarized is gonna be awesome.

I'm just happy I always converted my guys bigger, and started using primaris to model my standard guys

Well we don't know what changes the primarization brings for a character. +1W and +1A for sure and new gear most likely but if that's it then it's mostly about having a new model. ^^

Well we don't know what changes the primarization brings for a character. +1W and +1A for sure and new gear most likely but if that's it then it's mostly about having a new model. ^^

Don't forget potential +1t.

Also, calgar can now only go in repuleor for transport?

Thing is if they said that this almost killed Calgar it would be a bit of a crap-shoot if all the other named characters were somehow fine after getting upgraded, unless they get some named background character who never had a model and kill them off.

Don't forget potential +1t.

Also, calgar can now only go in repuleor for transport?

Well that's part of the gear. :wink:

But yeah if Mephiston gets Gravis armour then we'd have a Gravis psyker with T6 lmao

Edit: at that point he's almost a Dreadnought :D

Excuse me.... because I know some people don't care for Primaris but I am extremely excited about this. Primaris Calgar is something I am super excited to paint.

I was close; I guessed it was leading to Tigurius becoming Primaris. For me personally this is a big win because I play a lot of Primaris WITH the current Calgar and it feels funny really. Now this makes him fit in their bloody transport (if I want) and just look the part generally speaking.

I truly am sorry for those of you that hate or dislike Primaris, but please for the rest of us, don't Primaris bash in this thread. I have nothing against the older marines, I've just had my fill of painting them so it's not like I'm anti-classic marine. I'm just asking this not become a Primaris bashing thread.

gallery_2760_15033_57051.jpg

For me this is the most exciting thing that came out of this Weekender.

Personally besides the 3 BT IC, I'm eager to see the Khan, Seth and Vulkan.

Unfortunately this can also mean that the OGmarine range will become legacy.

What's your take on this development?

Was just a matter of time really. This was always a range replacement.

It'll be real interesting to see how powerful the God Of War here becomes when they amp him up to Primaris, and give him EVEN BETTER armor and EVEN BETTER weapons.
Assuming they even know HOW to improve upon the Armor Of Antilochus and the Guantlets Of Ultramar.....
Technically, improving the Guantlets Of Ultramar SHOULD be impossible, since they're mysteriously indestructible and tamper-proof....

I think the pose would be much better with the left arm lowered (as another frater said it's quite possibly a homage to the 2nd/3rd? edition miniature), but overall the sculpt is nice enough. Maybe a bit underblinged on the torso and head area compared to his previous iteration?

A question for those familiar with primaris: those vents over his shoulders are present in other miniatures in gravis armour?

Just my own observations:

The Gauntlets of Ultramar: Do they get a boost? They are a bit underwhelming with a D3 roll. Would it be plausible that the tech in this Relic is updated by Cawl as well? Or someone? ( a straight 3D would be nice)

Pointswise if he goes up it will be a jagged pill. But I'm happy enough with the upgrade I'll take it and run.

Jump Pack: My very first concern when I saw this GW post was not being able to deep strike him. But we can see from his modified pack that he has some sort of deep strike mechanism. This is a good giveaway that future Primaris will have this ability and perhaps that's the mini jump pack we will see going forward on Intercessors, etc.?

Movement: As per the jump pack observation this would seem to indicate he will have... a 10" move? If so then my days of the Inceptors leaving him behind are over!!

I'm assuming he's 2 models in a transport or perhaps not transportable at all (I'd assume he's Aggressor status for transports)

(I'm glad to see the classic Ultra enemy - a Tyranid head, being squashed underfoot!)

I hope they have the courage to actually kill some of the old characters and introduce new ones, not just upgrade them all. I mean marines do die every now and then? 

Tycho is dead. Its hardly relevant. Killing off characters that is, obviously Tycho doesnt get a free upgrade.

Also, I vastly prefer the last Calgar, more I look at this, its missing soul.

Archived