"Primarization" of Future Special Characters

Sete

Just my own observations:

The Gauntlets of Ultramar: Do they get a boost? They are a bit underwhelming with a D3 roll. Would it be plausible that the tech in this Relic is updated by Cawl as well? Or someone? ( a straight 3D would be nice)

Pointswise if he goes up it will be a jagged pill. But I'm happy enough with the upgrade I'll take it and run.

Jump Pack: My very first concern when I saw this GW post was not being able to deep strike him. But we can see from his modified pack that he has some sort of deep strike mechanism. This is a good giveaway that future Primaris will have this ability and perhaps that's the mini jump pack we will see going forward on Intercessors, etc.?

Movement: As per the jump pack observation this would seem to indicate he will have... a 10" move? If so then my days of the Inceptors leaving him behind are over!!

I'm assuming he's 2 models in a transport or perhaps not transportable at all (I'd assume he's Aggressor status for transports)

(I'm glad to see the classic Ultra enemy - a Tyranid head, being squashed underfoot!)

Definitely NOT a Jump Pack. Those are just vents, or air intakes, or speakers. He has no turbines or jets or anything on his back.

IF he can Deep Strike (and I would sure hope he does), it'll almost definitely still be some sort of teleport mechanism.

I hope they have the courage to actually kill some of the old characters and introduce new ones, not just upgrade them all. I mean marines do die every now and then? 

Scrub Marines die. Heroes so badass that they actually get special rules and models almost never die. And when they do, it's usually part of a huge plot point to a big event. They almost NEVER just suddenly die between Codices.

Sicarius is the only Ultramarine Special Character worth killing off.

Of all the extant characters [from pre-Dark Imperium], Marneus Calgar makes sense to survive the process to turn a legacy Adeptus Astartes into Primaris.

I hope they have the courage to actually kill some of the old characters and introduce new ones, not just upgrade them all. I mean marines do die every now and then? 

Absolutely agree. Not only do we have the process that Marneus Calgar barely survived (? I'm not sure if that last bit is official ?), but we also have the timespan between 7th edition and Dark Imperium. At least some of the known characters, even popular ones, need to be killed off. Just as GW has thoroughly revised the rules and setting, they need to kill off some of the characters to make way for new ones. Everyone has their favorite that they don't want to die and those they don't care about, so I don't see a need to discuss particulars, but some established characters need to be replaced with new (or promoted) characters.

As far as Marneus Calgar goes, I think that the rules for the base character need to be Primarisized, but the Gauntlets of Ultramar need to remain the Gauntlets of Ultramar. I'm sure GW will find some handwavium to Primarisized them, too, so I'm expecting to be mildly disappointed in this (I'll get over it :wink: ).

Overall, I'm pleased with the model. It evokes the Marneus Calgar models we've known over the years while updating him for the setting (and aging him!).

Besides my gripe of it being Ultramarines (again, especially when they got their primarch back) I do like what they done to him.

The Honor Guard is also neat, and I'm with a huge expectation to see (eventually) Sword Bros.

I cannot absolutely wait for other chapters to receive this type of treatment.

I think we can expect most of the captains and chapter masters to make it.

Eager to see Helbrecth and Grimaldus.

I fully expect a Primaris Codex in the near future.

I have no issue with the sculpt in a vacuum, but I really was a fan of the armour of antilochus. I'd like to see this with a different paint job, because the studio can make the coolest models look a bit boring sometimes.

Also shrike needs to be next up. He's literally the most boring ruleswise and a 1 to 1 port of his old stats. Some cool reiver-captain hybrid would be perfect.

I do hope they find a way to kill off the old special character and replace them. It drives the story and could provide some interesting change in direction for some chapters.

Imagine if the Unforgiven are killed off and no one replaces them leaving their secrets lost to time. New Dark Angels filling the upper ranks and taking on new missions. But those lost secrets aren't gone.  They would have to be, possibly, rediscovered to thwart some plan or other concocted by the fallen.  The revelation would become quite entertaining and there would be no old guard left to point the finger at. What to do, what to do...  Could be fun. 

I think the vents do indicate a deep strike ability. I look at the Reivers and they have fins to indicate a similar ability.

I was really hoping he'd be able to move faster. But I guess that's not happening. :smile.:

The fins are some kind of anti-grav tech to soften the fall. Literally grav chutes.

The air intakes on this model however makes no sense as actual air intake unless it's used for especially powerful exhausts (the Marine backpack exhausts are mini jet-packs after all). I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a set of speakers for increased leadership abilities tho lol

With Luther gone, and apparently amassing a fallen army (I think, might have dreamt it) yeah they not gonna stay secret for long

Do DA players like asmodai? If not...

That's the thing with DA characters. They know things. So a lot of them going along with being supersized would depend on the process and who would be there and what it might do to their mind. Even though it nearly killed Marneus Calgar, my question is why did it nearly kill him. was it due to his injuries or the process?  

I can't see a Asmodai getting the process.  With the layers and layers of command characters and the inner circle. He might just become an unnamed ghost haunting the rock and leaving his public role to continue his work.  Those souls wont save them selves after all. 

As far as Marneus Calgar goes, I think that the rules for the base character need to be Primarisized, but the Gauntlets of Ultramar need to remain the Gauntlets of Ultramar. I'm sure GW will find some handwavium to Primarisized them, too, so I'm expecting to be mildly disappointed in this (I'll get over it :wink: ).

How they are not? If you look at the model, it's all pristine and brand new, but the gauntlets are dented, scratched and pitted all over?

Besides my gripe of it being Ultramarines (again, especially when they got their primarch back) I do like what they done to him.

The Honor Guard is also neat, and I'm with a huge expectation to see (eventually) Sword Bros.

I cannot absolutely wait for other chapters to receive this type of treatment.

I think we can expect most of the captains and chapter masters to make it.

Eager to see Helbrecth and Grimaldus.

I am still puzzled why the hay GW didn't make dual Primaris Chapter/Emperor's Champion kit. Both are some of their nicest designs, and seeing GW insists on being dumb giving Primaris characters access to melee weapons, someone good in that department would surely sell well...

Archived