Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Red Goes FASTA! 2,000 point Evil Sunz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CommanderDio

CommanderDio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts
So I’ve wanted to make an Ork army for a long while, I just never had the push to do so until recently. One of my favorite movie series is MAD MAX, I’ve always loved seeing ramshackle vehicle combat on the desert sands and roads of that post-apocalyptic universe. So when GW came out with the new Ork vehicles, I had to make an Evil Sunz army, because Speed shenanigans.

I made this list more for fun than anything else, but I’d like feedback on how well, those of you reading this, think it will do.

HQ:
Deffkilla Wartrike (Warlord w/Might is Right Trait)
Warboss w/Da Killa Klaw & Kustom Shoota

TROOPS:
10 Ork Boyz in a Trukk
10 Ork Boyz in a Trukk
10 Ork Boyz in a Trukk

ELITES:
Painboy
10 Nobz in a Trukk
10 Tankbustas in a Trukk

FAST ATTACK:
Kustom Boosta-Blasta
Shokkjump Dragsta
6 Warbikers w/Big Choppa

HEAVY SUPPORT:
3 Deff Dreads w/4 Dread Saws each
15 Lootas
Mek Gun (Smasha Gun)

FORTIFICATIONS:
Mekboy Workshop

Wondering if I should drop the Mek Gun & Workshop for more bikers or another Ork vehicle.

Deff Dreads would be dropped in with the Tellyporta command ability so they wouldn’t get picked off turn 1 or 2.
40K: Death Guard & Necrons
Hordes: Circle Orboros
Warmachine: Cryx

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts

Looks pretty decent Dio - a couple suggestions;

-Mekshop doesnt really fit your list as it means a vehicle needs to hang back to use it. Best use for the shop I can think of is to boost Gunwagon Killkannons or a Stompa kannon shots.

-Get some Grots to shield the Lootas

• CommanderDio likes this

CommanderDio

CommanderDio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts
Revised the list a little:

HQ:
Deffkilla Wartrike (Warlord w/Might is Right Trait)
Warboss w/Da Killa Klaw & Kustom Shoota

TROOPS:
11 Ork Boyz (includes Boss Nob & Big Choppa) in a Trukk
10 Ork Boyz (includes Boss Nob) in a Trukk
10 Ork Boyz (includes Boss Nob) in a Trukk

ELITES:
Painboy
10 Nobz in a Trukk
10 Tankbustas in a Trukk

FAST ATTACK:
Boomdakka Snazzwagon
Kustom Boosta-Blasta
Shokkjump Dragsta
6 Warbikers w/Big Choppa

HEAVY SUPPORT:
3 Deff Dreads w/4 Dread Saws each
15 Lootas
40K: Death Guard & Necrons
Hordes: Circle Orboros
Warmachine: Cryx

Blasphem

Blasphem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

Boomdakka Snazzwagon and Kustom Boosta Blasta arn't the bests ork buggies by far...

I know you may want to use them coz you got them from Speed Freaks but talking about efficiency you should rather take Scrapjets, most polyvalent anti-tank/infantry and most efficient buggy points for points or Shokkjump if you like to teleport on a 4+ and still hit with Kustom Shokk Rifle (Assault 2 S8 PA-6 D6 Damages) on 3+ since Evil Sunz take no penality for shooting assault after advance.

I think you don't run enough boyz to have full use of a Painboyz.

Nobz realy cost a lot, except if you run them with 2 choppas for free 5 S5 attacks per model, maybe replace them for additionnal tankbustas and replace one of the trukk for a open-topped battle wagon with Deff Rolla (as a nice distraction carniflex)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users