Primaris Helbrecht?

Medjugorje

Chapter Master Valrak told that Templar get upgrades in Vigilus :wink:))))))))))))

Yeah, we're finally getting a worthy supplement! I cant wait to see what exactly is in the book and the best thing is its out next month!

As for Helbrecht, part of me wants to see him in Terminator armor but then there's plenty of those already, I honestly dont care if he gets "Primaris'd" as long as he gets a new model because his current model sucks butt in finecast, I just gave up trying to fix his sword that keeps falling off and Im seriously considering just converting a Primaris Captain and just use Helbrecht's rules.

Chapter Master Valrak told that Templar get upgrades in Vigilus :wink:))))))))))))

Yeah, we're finally getting a worthy supplement! I cant wait to see what exactly is in the book and the best thing is its out next month!

As for Helbrecht, part of me wants to see him in Terminator armor but then there's plenty of those already, I honestly dont care if he gets "Primaris'd" as long as he gets a new model because his current model sucks butt in finecast, I just gave up trying to fix his sword that keeps falling off and Im seriously considering just converting a Primaris Captain and just use Helbrecht's rules.

Define "upgrades."  Are we looking at a sprue like Ultras, Dark Angels and Blood Angels have, or a book like redmapa suggests?

Edit: never mind, I just watched the video and the answer is basically "something."  

As for Primarizing special HQs, I dislike it, but it is arguably the least unpleasant option of the available inevitabilities.  As for killing off characters, Tycho's been dead for some time, and instead of removing him from the picture Angels can take him in two flavors.  40k has long had a standard that battles on the table top can represent practically anywhere in the history of the Imperium.  Wanna re-enact the 2nd battle for Armageddon?  The Siege of Terra?  Go for it.  Not "the only option you can play is what has most recently happened in our new determined route for the fluff."  Removing the classic rules for Helbrecht because he's been a Primaris for three weeks would be...unpleasant

Isn't rules or a formation V7-like though ? 

I am on board for primarized characters, not only Helbrecht but Grimaldus and the Emperor's Champion too. 

Also a picture from the Vigilus Weenkender. It starts to feel good for our brothers Imperial Fists ( I want me a codex Sons of Dorn and our primarch back) 

46516503_2060971393923446_84002545769172

Valrak says a lot as teh days grow long and, while entertaining, most of the time it's hype and fanboying over what could be. I hardly remember a case where his "predictions" came alomng as true... sadly?

As long as they don't kill all our collections, more stuff doesn't hurt. Just don't make it obligatory, GW, please :P

Hey guys... I have a bunch of un-built Space Marines stuff that I'm willing to part with now... with Vigilus and the way that GW is going, I think the phase out of Space Marines and the full implementation of Primaris is going to happen in about 5-6 years time... by then, we'll see Primaris style Predators, Rhinos, Stormravens, Primaris Assault Marines and maybe even Primaris Crusader Squads, and while I'm keeping my currently 100% painted miniatures, all my un-built hoarded Space Marine bits is going the way of the dodo... going Xenos for now, as there is no chance that they are going to be "True Scaled" by GW in the next 5 decades or so... 

I get the feeling Space Marines are going to be the next Bretonnian Knights a.k.a. Squatted, so I'm going to keep what I've built and the rest are gone... I'll post an update as to what I have, and pm me if anyone is interested in them...

Admittedly Roujakis, the tides of change are partly responsible for my own brush hiatus. Though that's not purely the fault of Primaris, they, and things like this, are a factor.

Hell, between the hint of Templar rules and CA coming up I wouldn't paint or buy anything even if I wanted. GW has an uncanny record of neutralizing whatever project I've just finished

Brothers, your attitudes concern me. We should not get too carried away, acting as if the sky is falling isn't exactly fair to GW. They have been doing better. Wait and see. This could be good, or it could be nothing special. I appreciate it any time they think of us, as I know it reminds them of some out dated models, awesome lore, and a very zealous community.

The topic of this thread was whether we like the idea of primaris helbrecht or not. I like the idea in theory, but in my opinion, something like that would probably be another year or two away. Tallbrecht, as I will now refer to this schrodinger's model (it both exists, and does not, at least in my mind), seems a great idea to me, especially if he had golden gravis armour with candles for that sweet T5.

I submit that Helbrecht might be too proud to yield further to Guilliman's requests; however, I would not be surprised if the Reclusiarch, the EC, and other (new?) characters such as high sword brethren might be found past the trial of fire.

I, for one, actually like the "Primarusizing" of "Regular Marines". I'm sure the topic has been covered somewhere, but I never read/heard about it and have been wondering if that could actually be a thing. It's something I've been toying with for my own narrative, along the lines of, "We just got all these new guys, but they're not particularly founded in our ways yet. I need a volunteer to take the extra step, become Primarus, and lead these guys in our ways."

I like the premise. Lets see how it unfolds for our Chapter.

I feel very torn on the whole primarusizing thing. On the one hand it is cool that BT are getting some attention, but on the other I dont like the idea of it invalidating my current army. I spent a full year building, painting and battle testing my Black Tide. It was an amazing project but I just dont know If I can commit to doing it again :(  

I feel very torn on the whole primarusizing thing. On the one hand it is cool that BT are getting some attention, but on the other I dont like the idea of it invalidating my current army. I spent a full year building, painting and battle testing my Black Tide. It was an amazing project but I just dont know If I can commit to doing it again :(

See how you feel when an army takes 7 years :(

Archived