Primaris Helbrecht?

Medjugorje

I feel very torn on the whole primarusizing thing. On the one hand it is cool that BT are getting some attention, but on the other I dont like the idea of it invalidating my current army. I spent a full year building, painting and battle testing my Black Tide. It was an amazing project but I just dont know If I can commit to doing it again :sad.:

See how you feel when an army takes 7 years :sad.:

hmm... i didnt finished it yet... over 22,000 points. What should I say?

I say: fantastic^^

Well... I'm also worried about Oldmarines... maybe GW make them dissappear. Then I suppose it will be any rulebook similar to Horus Heresy, where oldmarines could still fight.

In other case, not a big problem, moving to another system like Warpath or Firefigth or house rules.

Coming to think of it, i get the hopes up they remove some of the current characters in hopes of new stuff. Indulge me for a moment, i love grimaldus and helbrecht as much as anyone else here does, but: I realized recently that i very much like what happens, when GW throws out the old stuff and goes ham in designing new stuff. Look at AoS, those gorgeous over the top models, those outrageous new ideas. I would love for our BT to get their own stuff under that premise. The new Deathguard line is wonderful with awesome models, same goes for custodes. Knights made it from some background fluff and one kit to a load of options and kind of a full army. I really hope they chew up all old marines and throw up something that's rooted in the awesome fluff we know and love while bringing them up to speed with some cool new twist. I've grown accustomed to the fact, that marines as i know them are phasing out sooner or later. I intend to one day tell the tale of back when.. and then get off my lawn! But for now, i'd prefer a radical shift with proper results.

/rant, i'll report for administering of loads of paddlin's immediately :tongue.:

I intend to one day tell the tale of back when.. and then get off my lawn! But for now, i'd prefer a radical shift with proper results.

/rant, i'll report for administering of loads of paddlin's immediately :tongue.:

One day, you will be welcome in the vaults of the elderly curmudgeons, I'm sure.  But not with an optimistic attitude for the future like that!  Paddlins will be administered forthwith! 

Anyway, I don't expect any replacements/alterations to Templar characters in the immediate future.  That treatment will go to more popular/poster child Chapters first, most likely.

I feel very torn on the whole primarusizing thing. On the one hand it is cool that BT are getting some attention, but on the other I dont like the idea of it invalidating my current army. I spent a full year building, painting and battle testing my Black Tide. It was an amazing project but I just dont know If I can commit to doing it again :sad.:

See how you feel when an army takes 7 years :sad.:

I bet that must be very frustrating. It would be like if they brought out Primaris Imperial Guard. I think I would be pretty mad if all my Guardsmen suddenly got invalidated. 

going Xenos for now, as there is no chance that they are going to be "True Scaled" by GW in the next 5 decades or so... 

There was also no chance that GW was going to replace their most popular and iconic army and piss off people who had thousands invested into them thinking they were a "safe bet". Yet look at what happened ;) 

going Xenos for now, as there is no chance that they are going to be "True Scaled" by GW in the next 5 decades or so... 

There was also no chance that GW was going to replace their most popular and iconic army and piss off people who had thousands invested into them thinking they were a "safe bet". Yet look at what happened :wink:

There was a massive chance before Primaris since true-scaling Marines have been happening now for several years before Primaris Marines came out... but if you look for people that have true-scaled any Xenos faction, you won't find much...

This is why I kinda blame Primaris on those who were not happy with their Marines and decided to cut up their arms and legs or use Terminator body parts to extend them and make them bigger...

Folks this topic isn't about whether GW intends to replace regular marines with primaris but rather about the possibility of having Primaris versions of special characters, specifically Helbrecht.

I submit that Helbrecht might be too proud to yield further to Guilliman's requests; however, I would not be surprised if the Reclusiarch, the EC, and other (new?) characters such as high sword brethren might be found past the trial of fire.

Games Workshop will redo every special character that they think they will sell enough off to cover their development costs.  

Lets face it; when/if they release it, a lot of us will be chomping at the bit to get our grubby mitts on them. We've already seen Primarus conversions popping up. 

perhaps that will be the way for them to bring us our (IMO) much needed Primarus tabards & CC squad option as well. (Outside Rievers, that is)

I wonder why they can't just release a CC squad. Lieutenants already have sword and pistol as an armament option. They also use autoboltguns, which is a possible armament for Intercessors. Ergo, sword and pistol should also be a valid armament for Intercessors Primaris Crusaders.

EDIT: forget who mentioned it, but turns out combat knives and chainswords are identical this edition... which would mean, if you took a bunch intercessors, and gave them all pistols and chainswords, you'd essentially have reivers without hooks or grav chutes.,.. hmmm..

Eeh

What a good idea.

But what's wrong with reivers?

And personally I think current charcters shouldnt be primarised. Let them either be entombed in a dread, die or happily keep on playing with their new bigger subordinates maybe with a bit better statline to keep them above primatis stats (they can still develop / learn even after a century or so)

This is personal opinion, but mostly because Reivers seems to fit the Raven Guard narrative more so than the Templars... Templars don't normally use Scout Squads, avoid sneaking around, and prefer to engage enemy in a full frontal honorable manner, even if the enemies they face lack both honor and manners...

Terror tactics using skull masks by giant space marines also seems to fit Night Lords more than it does Templars, it isn't to say that we don't employ similar tactics, but it should just be that the mere sight of a Templar should inflict terror upon the enemy's heart as he faces the very symbol of Imperial might, fury and never ending loyalty to the Emperor of Mankind...

But on the table, you gotta use what you gotta use I guess to get ahead of the game...

Archived