BT confirmed on Vigilus

Also I still say go back to to the original lore where the Armor And Sword just best stuff in the local Crusader Armoury to handle the “how do they fit/wield” logic

I ascribe to this as well, personally Im just gathering bits to convert a Primaris EC dual wielding power axes, I was waiting for a body with a running pose but at this point I just gave up and Im gonna use one of the Intercessors. 

Between this supplement and Chapter Approved I gotta say that this seems to be a good time to be a Black Templar! No more whining from me, even if what we get isnt top tier as long we get something good, fun and fluffy and looking at the Blitz Brigade I am very excited to see what we get.

Also I still say go back to to the original lore where the Armor And Sword just best stuff in the local Crusader Armoury to handle the “how do they fit/wield” logic

I ascribe to this as well, personally Im just gathering bits to convert a Primaris EC dual wielding power axes, I was waiting for a body with a running pose but at this point I just gave up and Im gonna use one of the Intercessors. 

Between this supplement and Chapter Approved I gotta say that this seems to be a good time to be a Black Templar! No more whining from me, even if what we get isnt top tier as long we get something good, fun and fluffy and looking at the Blitz Brigade I am very excited to see what we get.

I think so too. If I want to play tournaments, i can choose another chapters maybe or another army. But playing fungames its okay to have a real BT-feeling. And if there ist something that makes BT feels BT in addition to chapter approved (and its buffs for all Space Marines) its very nice.

I'm rather okay with a detachment, in theory. It's practice that will make or break it, i.e. if I have to buy 3 new kits to use it, which I would paint just in time for the detachment to become invalid or obsolete :teehee:

I wish I could like this post more than once.

He probably wouldn't though, he still punches way above the average Primaris weight at 4A and 4W and 2+.

The armour is the bigger issue I agree. Sword, not so much.

Of course EC punches above Primaris weight because he's a character and this edition emphasizes stats on even minor characters (3W 16-point commissars, for example). A Primaris EC would still get +1A and +1W just like like a Primaris Captain gets compared to an oldmarine-Captain, and with Chaplains and everything else with the same "role".

That is if Primaris EC would ever get its own entry, of course. Currently you're of course free to use a Primaris model for the role if you want and it is "recognizable" as an EC, I don't think any reasonable opponent would disagree with that if stats stay the same.

As for the possible squad rules, putting them in the Vigilus book seems nonsensical. If they're meant to be used outside of the campaign, why aren't they in CA2018? To sell more books and force people to have even more sources of contradicting references? Well, won't work on me if that's the intent.

He probably wouldn't though, he still punches way above the average Primaris weight at 4A and 4W and 2+.

The armour is the bigger issue I agree. Sword, not so much.

That is if Primaris EC would ever get its own entry, of course. Currently you're of course free to use a Primaris model for the role if you want and it is "recognizable" as an EC, I don't think any reasonable opponent would disagree with that if stats stay the same.

This is kind of my point. You don't need a separate entry. The EC is the EC, chosen by visions, not by gene seed. And when, on the whole, the ECs come from the rank and file, not the officers, the current stats would be sufficient regardless of whether the body was primaris or not. The base stats are still way better than a base intercessor or base initiate. (Just the difference is greater for the latter.)

I like the tandem combat rule, really motivates to take 50-50 inits and neo's and is very much in character.

One extra attack on the charge would make me happy! Zealous Charge

Or Tandem Combat.

Teacher and apprentice fight back to back.

For every paired team of Initiate and Neophyte in a Crusader Squad, gain one extra attack in CC.

We have another... Duncan has a BT army he is proud of from what I heard. I may be wrong...

I thought Duncan's were Knights and IG. He also said he was highly anticipating Sister also, which I take he would collect them.

However he seems to have *ZEAL* enough to play BT.

We have another... Duncan has a BT army he is proud of from what I heard. I may be wrong...

I thought Duncan's were Knights and IG. He also said he was highly anticipating Sister also, which I take he would collect them.

However he seems to have *ZEAL* enough to play BT.

I was under the impression I had replied to this comment before.

Duncan's favourite Chapter is BT. I think he also likes bretonnia.

But evidently that does not mean anything.

Don't think he has a say on what's released or not.

Maxime Corbeil does some cool BT stuff.

Sinan atamer on Instagram does some fantastic BT stuff aswell, check it out.

Archived