BT confirmed on Vigilus

There is a promo video for Vigilus where the whole book is browsed through over the course of a few seconds...

Someone rip the video and analyse it frame by frame! :biggrin.:

Nah, I can just use < and > on youtube to advance or regress through individual frames, much easier. 

I see: 

Photographs of Ultramarines, Spaces Wolves, and Dark Angels.

Pages titled forces of: 
Ultramarines, Dark Angels, White Scars, Imperial Fists, and Crimson Fists. 
Also Chapters Primaris: 
[illegible] (they're green and grey), [illegible] Hawks, Sons of the Phoenix, and [illegible] [something]nes (something marines?) they're dark blue.

Forces of the Adeptus Mechanicus, Astra Militarum, Militarum Tempestus, Adepta Sororitas, The Knights of the [illegible], Orks, Genestealer Cults, Drukhari, Asuryani. 

Maybe Valrak's privy to the content of a later book, we could be hidden between a couple of pages not shown in the preview, or maybe we're a footnote beneath the IF entry. 

There is a promo video for Vigilus where the whole book is browsed through over the course of a few seconds...

Someone rip the video and analyse it frame by frame! :D

As DeMolay says, the video is very cleverly put together to show just what GW want known at this stage. Pages upon pages are missing too, and some pages repeated. It's a great way to engage with the community though, as they just knew someone would be frame-by-framing it .. like me.

Judging by the new IF special detachment rules from today's Community preview, I'd say the chances of this being game breaking are nil, but the chances of it being flavourful are sky high - if BT really are getting one and not just, for example, being mentioned for fluff. However, a couple of strats to make charging and/or fighting more potent and anything to replace our trait, along with that rumoured points decrease, would do a great deal to sure up BT.

too complicated for GW at the moment. But would be funny.

Even a flat "Crusader squads in upgraded detachements fight twice, instead of once" cannot bring Templars to competitive play.

No I just wish GW release some Templars model.

Also the Veteran Intercessor strat seems to be +1 attack and leadership.

Im excited, love Veterans and dreadnouughts and if the formation revolves around veteran units then Im happy, a new warlord trait and combat strats will be very helpful.

BT confirmed as having a Sword Brethren formation (or whatever these things are) in the vigilus book!

Maybe its not a formation but a unit datasheet?

We are not listed in the Forces of War. Im cautious about this...

Well, it´s on faction rules so most likely datasheets

BT confirmed as having a Sword Brethren formation (or whatever these things are) in the vigilus book!

Maybe its not a formation but a unit datasheet?

We are not listed in the Forces of War. Im cautious about this...

Well, it´s on faction rules so most likely datasheets

Unlikely, it's listed in the same section as the IF Siegebreaker cohort which was already revealed by GW

So Insifier dropped this on N&R

"Sword Brethren are slightly buffed traditional Sword Brethren, with the option to be taken as Intercessors with CQWs/PWs."

If true, yeah I might be finally starting my Primaris Crusade.

If that is true I am unimpressed. I understand why folks want melee Primaris, naturally. But it's not a big draw for me to get back to either the painting grind or the tabletop.

But all we have to go on is a table of contents and what 1 guy's GW staffer told him (Insifer's quote), so we'll just have to wait and see.

"Sword Brethren are slightly buffed traditional Sword Brethren, with the option to be taken as Intercessors with CQWs/PWs."

what is a traditinal Sword Brethren? Just a Vanguard without Jump pack or do you mean Vanguard+Sternguard+Terminators+....?

This intrigues me greatly

what is a traditinal Sword Brethren? Just a Vanguard without Jump pack or do you mean Vanguard+Sternguard+Terminators+....?

Any and all of our elites are sword brethren, so it technically includes Terminators too.

Yeah. It's a bit of a weird statement isn't it...

"traditional" sword brethren could mean different things.

The unit "sword brethren" was basicallt the same veteran space marines as everyone else's except they could take one of several special rules... Exactly what they were I don't recall except one was infiltrate.

And since 6th edition codex space marines our "sword brethren" have been as pointed out, any and all veterans are "sword brethren" therefore squads of vanguard, Sternguard, terminators, Assault terminators, honor guard, comand squads (when they still existed in 6th and 7th) and all of our "veteran sgt" equivalents in squads.

So what does it mean here? IDK...

Personally I would prefer to see a detachment instead of just another unit because we are really lacking in close combat power and new stratagems are the fix we need, while a new unit and an excuse to convert Intercessors does sound fun it wouldnt be particularly helpful.

Yeah. It's a bit of a weird statement isn't it...

"traditional" sword brethren could mean different things.

The unit "sword brethren" was basicallt the same veteran space marines as everyone else's except they could take one of several special rules... Exactly what they were I don't recall except one was infiltrate.

Contemporary Vanilla Marines could take one of those traits, too.  They were a copy paste unit by a different name.  So as for what Sword Brother means in this context...it's a vague definition from a vague quote from a vague source :teehee:

Archived