BT confirmed on Vigilus

Did company vets also get a points drop in CA?

I'm even slightly tempted to actually make some bikes up, follow up your LRC bomb with a few of those. They can really take the damage with T5 and 2W, which is something that our units sorely lack.

Yeah, Company Veterans now cost the same as Tacticals, 14pts is a great price for the unit specially considering the options you can get out of it. Personally I prefer the idea of Veterans on Bikes since they get T5 W2 and more speed, the only downside is that they are 34pts each unless I missed a point reduction somewhere.

True enough. Still, his extra hits along side the Champion with the new WT could be glorious if the dice be blessed. :D

Grim, the EC, 2 SB squads and an apothecary or standard in an LRC...Helbrecht instead of Grim if you wanna go gangbusters. His rerolls on the LRC makes some big holes.

Can't wait for updated battlescribe. Bouncing back and forth between pages on my laptop is tedious

Battlescribe should be updated, we pushed the changes a few hours ago

Im thinking of going powerfist storm shield. The swords are a specific pattern of heavy relic weapon that is best represented by power fist stats.

One thing for the people mentioning grimaldus, you could just take your sword brethren squad with him and put helbrecht somewhere else for rerolls in that way. Like send the storm raven out with grimaldus, you dont actually have to take helbrecht, you still benefit from the formation by paying the cp. I just dont like grims aura because it doesnt work on thunder hammers or power fists. Again if only we could take relic blades!!!

Im the end I think using grimaldus this way would be kind of a waste because you get rerolls with helbrecht anyway and Im okay with getting +1 strength instead of extra attacks on sixes.

What’s the data repository? No updates on my end.

v1.1.79

Might not have come through yet.

it's working for me. You should be on v64 of the SM cat.  not sure what v1.1.79 is, but the BS roster editor should be v2.01.15

What’s the data repository? No updates on my end.

v1.1.79

Might not have come through yet.

it's working for me. You should be on v64 of the SM cat. not sure what v1.1.79 is, but the BS roster editor should be v2.01.15

For IPhone it is still on Space Marine 63

And, it could be worse. At least GW didn't shoehorn in a rule that allows Primaris Librarians in Black Templar lists, representing Guilliman saying "Cawl and I noticed that you completely lack Librarians, so here are some new and improved ones to fix that for you."

And, it could be worse. At least GW didn't shoehorn in a rule that allows Primaris Librarians in Black Templar lists, representing Guilliman saying "Cawl and I noticed that you completely lack Librarians, so here are some new and improved ones to fix that for you."

I'm not sure if that is in bad taste or meant to be a joke or trying to troll.

I think I can speak for most of us on here when I say that the Black Templar community sees this as a very positive step in the right direction.  Sure it could have been more but I have not seen anyone on here complaining about the theme or possibilities out of what we have been given.

Tactically speaking, I could post all kinds of stuff about this new datashert and I probably will. But one thing that sticks out to me is that it actually makes us focus on one of the most thematic pieces of our chapter...the Sword Brethren. I dont you about you all, but just thinking about all of the different modeling things I can do now is awesome.

A joke in bad taste. Sorry if anyone was offended. I am just a count your blessings kind of guy. I am always the "hey it could be worse" guy at work. And sometimes a 1 is rolled, and it becomes worse, exactly as I described it...

Today was a beast of a Monday, love all you crusaders, especially Ace and Roujakis!

All good and we all have those days.  My humor is notoriously bad on a good day sadly.  I hope the rest of your week is better.

But yes, easily over the last 5 years the hits have been below the belt for the BT in regards to the GW dev team.  I have my fingers crossed that this is a good sign they are starting to understand what this part of the market is interested in.  

We have his great long term community on the forums but there are also many other that are out there with some really friendly and supportive groups on social media.  

For those that don't really know me I'm on and off again on this forum.  Time is my most precious commodity and I truly wish I had more time in general.  I have been a war gamer for a short 13 years, podcaster and worked with testing and game dev of some smaller games.  I also have taken the time to put together documents, math breakdowns, videos and suggestions to GW over the last few years.  The responses I have been getting back have been fairly positive compared to what I might have seen 10 years ago.  

Even if I don't always agree with everyones opinions, without a strong long lasting communities like these.  I don't think I would have taken the hundreds of hours I have put into the game outside the normal hobby.   

Tactically speaking, I could post all kinds of stuff about this new datashert and I probably will. But one thing that sticks out to me is that it actually makes us focus on one of the most thematic pieces of our chapter...the Sword Brethren. I dont you about you all, but just thinking about all of the different modeling things I can do now is awesome.

Yeah Im already thinking of the box I need to make 2x5 units, I'll be using the MkIII box and our upgrade kit plus all the vanguard vet weapons I have to make a Storm Shield & Power Axe/Power Fist unit, thats like 120pts tops with the new prices so adding a Drop Pod to carry both units so they can support a slower element sounds not too expensive in points and just great value all around, though I may be overestimating them. Still, Im happy with what we got.

!snip!

As far as the new rules, I’m of the opinion they’re fun in character but not quite as excited about their effectiveness as others. The limit to effecting 5 models at a time is the killer to me. If more of the other Sword Brethren equivalent units (Vanguard, Sternguard, Terminators) were eligible I’d be way more excited. Even if you think 2 CP is worth it (plus the initial cost) for 5 additional attacks and wound rerolls, that 5-man unit has to get somewhere to deliver those attacks. The loss of even one model before delivery will hurt a lot, especially as most of the builds being discussed involve sinking more points in. The 5+ FNP is only 1 CP but still pretty limited by the unit selection.

I think it will be fun when you pull off a big attack with this extra killiness and I love getting a version of vows back. But I don’t think this will have a big impact on Templar effectiveness.

*unlocked post cleanup*

This topic is about presence of the Black Templars in the Vigilus campaign book. In the fluff, in a detatchment etc. However the changes that effect intercessors and Crusaders which were being discussed are from Chapter Approved 2018, and are technically off topic.

However this is less important than the fact the discussion threatened to become and arguably already was, heated, unpleasant, and disruptive. Take a deep breath and consider working this out in private, or starting a separate topic that focuses exclusively on politely discussing the tactical and list building consequences of CA2018 and Vigilus.

The thread is being reopened with the expectation that discussion shall steer back towards civility.

Thank you.

While the 5 man unit ordeal is limiting, I'm actually quite curious about how the Vows will affect characters' fights, and curious to see how veteran bikers might perform.  T5 with 5+FNP and 2 wounds, combi weapons and power lances.  Granted, it's even smaller than the 5 man squad, but there's interesting potential there.

We'll just have to wait and see how this formation performs, I suppose, but overall I'm fairly fond of it.

While the 5 man unit ordeal is limiting, I'm actually quite curious about how the Vows will affect characters' fights, and curious to see how veteran bikers might perform.  T5 with 5+FNP and 2 wounds, combi weapons and power lances.  Granted, it's even smaller than the 5 man squad, but there's interesting potential there.

We'll just have to wait and see how this formation performs, I suppose, but overall I'm fairly fond of it.

I have a set of bikers I picked up a long time ago off of eBay with magnetized arms that someone already modeled with every piece of gear imaginable (meltabombs, lances, combis, specials, grenades, rope, spare undies...). Unfortunately, the previous owner also had a fondness for using very thick paint so they’re some of my uglier models. But they’re too much fun so I seldom run my BT without that bike unit.

Archived