Divine Flayer

Forté

Hi.

It's been a while I know. But after seeing a few old names chatting due to a certain few Slaanesh releases and a certain person (Insane Psychopath) saying something along the lines of "hobby challenge for old times sake". I may be planning on hacking up a push fit Primaris and making an updated Divine Flayer. It won't be for gaming but I suppose should be game legal. Which is where you lot could help.

This is the figure I'll butcher but am looking for weapon suggestions.

01.jpg

So I'm open to ideas for weapon combos.

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is well.

*Starts petition for full comeback*

Some warpclaws? :smile.:

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-047.gif

A lot would have to change.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=3478115

Hm... perhaps a Chaotic version of a Drukhari razorflail? Scaling one of those up to Primaris size would certainly present a perfect challenge.

Tricky, that's for certain.

Escher whip? Krauty has shown it's a great option for primaris

I really don't like that whip to be honest. The shape of it doesn't make sense to me.

Might see if I can work some tiny bones into the mini somewhere. I'll make sure that when I start I'll document what I do.

Great project, I was a big fan of your Divine Flayers. :smile.:

For the weapon options, I've been doing a couple of primaris marines as my noise marine unit champions. All of them have a sonic blaster (from the newest upgrade sprue or the older ones just in metal) and a close combat weapon. I vote for a chainsword as well, theyre just such a gruesome choice of weapon! The different Chaos power fists and lightning claws are also cool looking, and the larger primaris body suits them really well, there should be a good pick of designs for different poses and more or less ornamented looks.

• Great project, I was a big fan of your Divine Flayers.

Hi Slaanbull.

Been a fair while. That mini looks ace. Especially the colour graduation on the fleshy horns and the sword blade.

I'm kind of leaning towards creating a whip using some bones from some owl pellets I have (tiny spine parts), putty of some kind (milliput, green stuff or brown stuff), and some vicious looking spikes and blades possibly. Or go for a more organic, potentially multi tentacle look.

Also thinking of some kind of Doom Siren on the chest plate with mouth piece. Will see on that one. Perhaps finished off with a plasma pistol.

Thanks, quite pleased with the sword as well.

Rodent vertebra sounds like a great idea, mixing that with some organic parts through your sculpting and you could get a grim looking whip going! Just remember to seal the bones so your collection is protected from carpet beetl-.. I mean tyranid attacks! :happy.:

Something akin to Eidolons or the new raptor lords' chest/mouthpiece could look good as well, so keep working that Doom Siren idea. The backpack has plenty of space for modifications as well.
    I can't remember where I saw it, so can't give credit; but someone used two of the horn piece from the daemonette kit as exhausts for the backpack. That was an idea I planned on using as well at some point.

A spinal whip made from an actual spine? That's an awesome idea, but be sure that the bones are treated properly so they don't decompose. This is Slaanesh, not Nurgle after all!

One idea for a weapon combination you could go for is the whip and a power fist/lightning claw/whatever styled after a crab's claw ala the old as hell (2nd ed?) Noise Champion.

Archived