How are Cultists Used in Thousand Sons Armies?

Lucky_Lee

So I'm building my dusty bois and I just purchased 28 of the renegade guard from the blackstone fortress set.

As far as I have figured I would use them as screening units in squads of 10 with no upgrades?

Any thoughts or creative ways to use them?

Currently in my 2k list I'm leaning towards 2 small squads of Rubricae, 1 Tzaangor bomb, and 3 Cultist squads for my troops.

We do have access to Veterans, which can make cultists surprisingly dangerous, but I think Rubrics and SOT use that better so I never end up using it on cultists.

I think ten man is the way to go unless you have something specific planned for them. I would never bring a big blob just to see what I can do with it. If you know your opponent struggles with hordes or something though, sure.

The only use for cultists in a TS list is to fill out a troop slot unfortunately.

The best use for the models themselves, is to get a few sniper rifles and convert them the RnH marauder snipers for some more character assassination (you'll need an HQ, but i find a squad of the admech priests converts to a rouge psyker coven rather easily)

The only use for cultists in a TS list is to fill out a troop slot unfortunately.

The best use for the models themselves, is to get a few sniper rifles and convert them the RnH marauder snipers for some more character assassination (you'll need an HQ, but i find a squad of the admech priests converts to a rouge psyker coven rather easily)

I agree on Electro Priests into Rogue Psykers. Partway through doing it myself, actually. :smile.:

Post some pics! I'd like to see em!

Not even assembled yet. I've just been collecting bits. Chopped the Priests in half to use the legs for my Black Lions (feet are Space Marine sized and the robed legs look good with a Marine torso). The torsos, arms, heads, and some wiring will be mounted on Catachan uniform legs and then I'll be adding the occult symbols and stuff and I should be good.

I have lists with cultists at high points or to fill out detatchments though these lists seldom see play.

I have a lot of cultists from DV as well as conversion parts from FW though they were painted for my old Black Legion army.

I would really like to get the age of sigmar Tzeentch cultists and kitbash 'em with 40k cultist weapons.

I use them for screens, bubble wrap and objective holding. With the right buffs and through high volume of attacks a large blob can do surprising work. Still that was when I played BL and the blob had mark of Khorne and a Dark Apostle

Since moving on to Tzeentch i just use Tzaangors though...

Archived