Tales from Vigilus

Irbis

"Lamentabus Mogue" is a fantastic name, but his handwringing "Oh the humanity!" interjections were pointless and annoying; it's hard to imagine an Inquisitor putting up with it.

I assumed that any memo the inquisitor made to herself would read something like "Divert further assets to Vigilus and assign Scriptum-Collatus Mogue to half a day's scourging without pay for unwarranted hysteria".

My fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed hoping that little fluff snippet of the Reivers needing to use Valks for insertion means that transport limitations are getting changed soon. The Keyword limitations have always been silly, just change the specifics to broader keywords like IMPERIUM units only for an easy fix. 

The way it's called out sure makes it look like more than just a handwaving of "well, we're just doing this for the sake of convenience for this little bit of narrative fluff." It reads much more like an explicit acknowledgment that this is among the changes we'll soon be seeing in-game.

I don't know that they'll be allowing units to share a detachment with only the IMPERIUM faction keyword in common, but they may very well waive the existing rule for units with Transport capability. Of course, that means the one guy who was running a special detachment of Elucidan Starstriders just got a slight nerf.

I think this one could have done with another pass from the editor. Word repetition is only a sin to some of us, but I'm pretty sure changing tense mid-sentence is a capital offence.

I also think this one's pretty dull, but that could just be me - I've ground to a halt in Shadow of Ullanor and I really need a break from Astartes/Ork battles for a while.

Seems like a Tzeentch cult. So I guess Thousand Sons may be showing up soon? (It seems like you ought to be able to have cultists and daemons of Tzeentch without also having Thousand Sons, but that just doesn't seem to be how things work on Vigilus.)

How does Vigilus fit into the grand scheme of things? Does this have zero connection with the Plague Wars?

Vigilus is a major hive world in Imperium Nihilius that's also the exit point for the Nachmund Gauntlet, the most well known warp route through the Great Rift. It's how the Imperium has just barely been able to maintain communication and supplies to Imperium Nihilius. I haven't read Plague Wars yet but given it's on the opposite side of the galaxy from Ultramar, I'm assuming it's unrelated.

Interesting Story

Apparently numareenz cannot embark into a rhino but Can ride in a valkyrie?

Well done GW :biggrin.:

My fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed hoping that little fluff snippet of the Reivers needing to use Valks for insertion means that transport limitations are getting changed soon. The Keyword limitations have always been silly, just change the specifics to broader keywords like IMPERIUM units only for an easy fix. 

Fraters, I came looking for this thread as I was catching up on my reading and saw the Reivers in the Valkyrie thing.

I really liked it because it's like how Reivers can have Grav Chutes, like Elysian Jump Troops, to drop from Valkyries.

IIRC, Gav Thrope mentioned once how he sometimes introduces elements in his novels in the hopes that Forgeworld in particular would make them into a model.  Like he'd invent a tank and see if FW picks up on it, makes something cool.  It'd be like whoever wrote this was trying to help players out by introducing the concept and motivating GW to make it into rules in the campaign book.

Yea but why necessitate Valkyries when the storm raven exists, or the storm eagle or the thunderhawk. You know, marine vehicles meant for insertion.

Cause of they made the numareenz riding into a flyer they cannot ride in the codex people would complain ;)

So until GW design a new numareenz flyer the reivers ride in valkyries instead :D

Vigilus is a major hive world in Imperium Nihilius that's also the exit point for the Nachmund Gauntlet, the most well known warp route through the Great Rift. It's how the Imperium has just barely been able to maintain communication and supplies to Imperium Nihilius. I haven't read Plague Wars yet but given it's on the opposite side of the galaxy from Ultramar, I'm assuming it's unrelated.

Ah, thanks...so Vigilus is almost like the Cadia of Imperium Nihilus (in the sense of narrative significance)

Archived