New Karanak & Flesh Hounds

Khornestar

Pretty sure everyone's aware at this point, but I was surprised (and disappointed!) that there was no thread discussing these awesome new sculpts.

Here they are, in all their glory:

Karanak:

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-Karanak8ognvfsb.j

Flesh Hounds:

BloodGloryReveals-Nov2-FleshHounds11be.j

Pretty sure to begin with they'll only be a part of the Wrath and Wrapture set facing off against daemons of Slaanesh that I will immediately sell or trade for another set of Khorne models, but I'm super stoked about this!

IMO there has never been a good-looking sculpt for hounds or Karanak. The existing sculpts are relics of the past that just don't fit in with current design standards and technology. I've been waiting years for these, biding my time... I wish I didn't buy all those WFB war hounds to proxy as flesh hounds, but oh well. 

Ever since the AoS "Mighty Lord of Khorne" (lulz) was released with his pet hound, it was clear we'd eventually get a kit to match. Here's hoping that they'll cost the same as their current models, and here's me holding my breath. :tongue.:

Thoughts?

I thought I couldn't like ther collar thingy but these models taught me better. Great models for sure. Almost as good as the Slaanesh ones. Come and fight me you brutes! :P

Gotta say, I love them all except the one on the bottom right. For some reason, I'm getting a bit of a Pumbagor vibe from it...

Hopefully, its just the angle of the picture making it look off. There Brilliant otherwise. Hopefully, someday we'll get god specific Daemon Princes as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Will they get new rules or use the same as the codex? Anyones that knows?

Who's "they"?

The hounds won't get new rules aside of the champion and the crushers get an additional wound as far as we know.

The "they" I was thinking about was flesh hounds and Karranak. 

Thanks for the help about the rules or not. It´s good to hear that I don´t need to buy a new book or something and can contuie to use the codex.

Honestly in love. I'm very glad I didn't do my original plan and get a bunch of the plastic Flesh Hounds from the Shadespire/Khorgos Khul set, and only have two of those. (because I got the first AoS starter set for bits, and the Shadespire warband to play Shadespire.... and then no one played Shadespire >.>)

Hopefully these new sculpts will be available separately soon-ish. And let's hope they're not as stupidly overpriced as the finecast ones.

Gotta say, I love them all except the one on the bottom right. For some reason, I'm getting a bit of a Pumbagor vibe from it...

Hopefully, its just the angle of the picture making it look off. There Brilliant otherwise. Hopefully, someday we'll get god specific Daemon Princes as well.

Yeah, it's the angle. Nothing more, nothing less. And we do have one god-specific Daemon Prince:
99810102004_NurgleDaemonPrinceNEW_01.jpg

But yes. More would always be welcome.

The "they" I was thinking about was flesh hounds and Karranak. 

Thanks for the help about the rules or not. It

I don’t think Karanak is changing at all, actually.

Khorne’s foremost Flesh Hound remains as ferocious as ever in Warhammer 40,000. Not only will he shut down your opponent’s Psychic phase, by being able to deny two psychic powers a turn, but even elite infantry will be torn apart in short order by his soul-rending fangs.

And his weapon profile is exactly the same.

Something I didn’t catch, though:

Have you ever yearned for an even more ferocious pack leader for your Flesh Hounds? Well, your wish has been granted, for they will now be led by a Gore Hound! In addition to their blood-dark claws and gore-drenched fangs, Gore Hounds can also issue forth a burning roar.

Normal hounds only have Gore-drenched fangs, so it seems possible the Gore hounds will get extra attacks of some sort. Still, other units don’t pay to upgrade their champs, so 9 points is still steep.

Archived