No Inquisition codex rumor

brother_b

Also what's the most models we'll find on a tabletop? 100 a side? Maybe? That's small scale. That's no huge battle. This is a skirmish game and inquisitors should absolutely be present.

They also should be present in giant games let's say epic or Armageddon style. Their presence, just like the lowliest guardsmen up to the most powerful marine Commander or psycher would be valuable on the field of battle. Hopefully we will get to games workshop white dwarf or mini dex that allows us to add our Inquisition.

Inquisitors should totally be present but not as an actual seperate army but an addition to existing forces. They need to change their rules so they can be added to any army without needing a seperate force org. I'd totally run Eisenhorn more often!

Greyfax wasn't released that long ago (still need to get mine on the table!), and Eisenhorn more recent still so it would be strange for GW to forget about the Inquisition. The Inquisition still has a place and who knows, maybe GW can focus on giving them more flavour this way rather than worrying about filling a codex up :smile.:

Not a surprise, I agree Kill Team and Blackstone are more on par with where the =][= should be operating (at least when you think of it in terms of an Inquisitor and their henchmen).

There was never really enough to flesh out a full pure =][= codex, especially with GK, SoB & DW stripped out.

As others have said, just some key word changes to help them integrate more easily into other imperial factions would be appreciated - maybe something that always lets them have a Warlord Trait too etc.

Also, as someone who has fought against some crazy combined imperial soup of Sisters and Inq, they are very strong - even with just index!

Also what's the most models we'll find on a tabletop? 100 a side? Maybe? That's small scale. That's no huge battle. This is a skirmish game and inquisitors should absolutely be present.

Not all "skirmish" games are the same, though. While WH40K represents what might be called a skirmish in real life, the "skirmish" game that GW appears to be referring to is squad-sized; and this is a distinction that appears to becoming prevalent within tabletop wargaming.

However, I agree with the conclusion that there is a place for inquisitors in the WH40K game. Like most of the participants in this discussion, I just think that GW needs to present us with a way (or ways) to include inquisitors that is viable. Inquisitors don't just operate with the chambers militant, so they shouldn't be limited in that fashion (as one member suggested). While the old lore (Rogue Trader era) focused on inquisitors working at the micro level, the more recent lore (not least starting with the "~ Hunters codices," but also including recent novels and Forge World books) also depicts them working at the macro scale. Chapter Approved seems like a decent way to give us inquisitors (if they're not included in a dedicated (mini-)codex or anthology codex). Chapter Approved and the independent datasheet solution (White Dwarf, bundled with minis, free downloads, other games, etc.) seems like a perfect way to give us a variety of inquisitors, possibly with variations in how they're used.

The only "bad" thing about this that I can see is that we'll have to wait for something. Aside from the wait, there's a lot of potential for this to be a good thing.

Just add inquisitors, stormtroopers, flyer and a veichle.

Option to take squads of DW,GK,Sisters or SM.

GW launched codex wirh less units tbh.

A shame. Everything I like gets binned. Maybe I should start liking ultramarines.

Or like something that’s already been binned so there’s no chance of disappointment :) maybe squats :)

Just add inquisitors, stormtroopers, flyer and a veichle.

Option to take squads of DW,GK,Sisters or SM.

GW launched codex wirh less units tbh.

A shame. Everything I like gets binned. Maybe I should start liking ultramarines.

Or like something that’s already been binned so there’s no chance of disappointment :) maybe squats :)

Think I'm going off radar for a while again.

I can understand your disappointment, but you can still run Inquisitors alongside all your gk/dw/as units. Running a Supreme command of 3 Inquisitors alongside detachments of whichever Inquisitorial force you choose is very doable and fluffy. (Hector Rex and his 2 Inquisitors in training, etc.)

You could run an AM scions battalion as their elite inquisitorial squads, and whatever else Ordo you are hunting with, or what would be appropriate. 

All they really need are rules updates in a mini-dex the same as the rogue-traders. It's crying out of for chapter approved article for both of them with a build your own retinue feel, although I fear if that happens they'll end up as narrative only. Though, the way some people were playing inquisition was about as far from fluff as you could get; I.e. Barrel-o-monkeys builds.

Isn’t the fact that one single RT crew just got a (mini) codex kinda the opposite of their claim that they don’t want „this kind of armies“ on 40k tables? I mean not releasing a inq codex because they lack models is one thing, but claiming it’s done because they can’t field full armies sounds like a made up excuse at best.

Isn’t the fact that one single RT crew just got a (mini) codex kinda the opposite of their claim that they don’t want „this kind of armies“ on 40k tables? I mean not releasing a inq codex because they lack models is one thing, but claiming it’s done because they can’t field full armies sounds like a made up excuse at best.

Aren't all the models in that box "unique" though where you can only take a single formation?

Let's face it, the 40k rules are included because if the weren't, people would only beg for them on FB until they released them.

Plus I wouldn't call a few characters and a squad of voidsmen a full army!

On top of that, don't some Rogue Trader houses keep private armies in case of...aggressive negotiations? Think the Honorable East India Trading Company and such. Ditto for inquisitors that desire a higher degree of certainty pertaining to their men's loyalty and resilience toward heresy and warpspawn.

Now, I know that the counter-argument to this is that the Imperial Guard can be used to represent private armies and I honestly dislike that excuse. Codex Space Marines can be used to represent Dark Angels, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves, yet we don't because they have X, Y, and Z that makes them 'special.' Black Templar players complain regularly that C:SM makes it hard to run a true templar force, and I agree with them (mostly.) Did genestealer cults really need their own dex, or would a web document explaining which Tyranid and IG units you can use be enough?

The excuse that one person with a rapier isn't going to change a battle falls flat on its face when you consider that a primaris captain's default equipment is a boltgun, same as any other shmuck in his army. A Rogue Trader, at least the kind to saunter into a battlefield, will be loaded with esoteric force fields, digital weapons, and enough weird weapons to punch a hole in the marine captain, yet nobody questions the marine's job on the battlefield. Ditto for inquisitors, especially those who wear terminator armor or plan to duke it out with greater daemons.

I hope there is some kind of formation detachment coming soonish to remedy this. I'd be fine with a Household Guard, Trusted Agents, or Inquisition Stormtroopers special detachment. Pay a few CPs to rehash the org chart a bit, add the appropriate character, and swap the regimental tactics. It'd be great and I hope it is the kind of things that these new formations will allow.

Aren't all the models in that box "unique" though where you can only take a single formation?

Let's face it, the 40k rules are included because if the weren't, people would only beg for them on FB until they released them.

I didn’t say it’s a full army, I said it’s a codex. I don’t think most people would complain if inquisition got a codex that needs allies for heavy stuff (like in past editions). But the reasoning they seem to have given is „because inq is not a full army, it won’t get a codex“. And that’s what I call into question.

I didn’t say it’s a full army, I said it’s a codex. I don’t think most people would complain if inquisition got a codex that needs allies for heavy stuff (like in past editions). But the reasoning they seem to have given is „because inq is not a full army, it won’t get a codex“. And that’s what I call into question.

But that fact that they would need allies to fill certain roles is exactly the reason the won’t give them a codex. Codexes (they have decided) are reserved for factions with enough of their own unique models to perform every battlefield role.

No one is saying the inquisition couldn’t field an army but they don’t have the models for it and most of their stuff is requisitioned from other forces so it just doesn’t fit the criteria GW have set to have a codex if their own.

A mini release or something in White Dwarf is still perfectly feasible for them, just not a codex.

I mean.  Prior to the FAQ/CA rules updates, an Inquisitor COULD be part of any other detachment.  And you look back at Greyfax (And Celestine, and Caul) in 7th they were all ones who could be in any Imperial Force.  That was a good idea!  And it didn't carry over into the new edition... why?  Because it did by default due to keywords!  They easily could've had a gestalt "Imperium" faction somehow, possibly with a tiny boost too.  But didn't.  Then Battle Brothers came around and suddenly units that were originally made to work alongside any number of others suddenly couldn't. 

So yeah, I'd like to see Inquisitors be able to join any Imperial Faction without breaking their detachment.  Also gaining their 'chamber militant' faction rule if they join that type of unit,  but otherwise just able to join but not break detachment.  That right there is fluffy, and not really game breaking.  Though I imagine it'll be used to get some psychic phase oomph by Knights and Admech, but that's trivial.

But even being able to use Scions as "Inquisitorial Stormtrooper" troop choices would be nice too!

just a thought... GW will be/are asking for feed back on Sisters Beta 'dex.... so why dont people ask for the Ordos Heriticus Inquistors* to be added?

*as per my suggestions of making the INQ ORDOS keywords work with different factions for list building

edit - if enough people ask then they may at least errata the INDEX entries with that update, its not a brillant fix but it does allow people to bring inquistors back on table at anything other than a supreme headquarters or Vanguard formations

Have some named Inquisitors like always, generic option with wargear options, add in the Brother Captain, Watch Captain and Canoness in addition to a new HQ simply called Man at Arms (represents the Inquisitors second in command). Depending on the Ordos you chose you can take 1 of the 3 and use their vehicles, and troops. They gain the Ordos bonus in addition to their own bonuses. Finally, add in Storm Troopers as Troops (copy paste tempestus) and have Rhinos, Land Raiders and Chimeras as Inquisition vehicles too. Can be a mini codex with the strategems being an amalgamation from the other codexes (perfect for GW to copy paste like usual!). Include the assassins too and you've got a nice stew going.

Archived