No Inquisition codex rumor

brother_b

So, if Imperial Agents aren’t getting a Codex, what does that mean?

Are “Inquisition”/Imperial Agents models disappearing? Unlikely. What I include in that class are representatives of Imperial bodies which don’t fit into any of the main military entities of the Imperium; thus, we’ve probably seen more of these released lately than for quite some time (Greyfax, Eisenhorn, SoS, the KT:RT and BSF crews; I’d be inclined to include the Necromunda figures also). It’ll be interesting to see what happens to the non-Sororitas Adeptus Ministorum units in the SoB beta Codex: the rumours coming out suggest that they are still included and that Priests have been split into HQ and elite variants.

I had thought that the KT:RT and BSF releases might herald an =][=/RT Codex, but that (according to the OP) seems not currently to be planned. It would actually be very plausible that these games were developed to explore the sort of micro-factions that attract me to =][= precisely because GW couldn’t envisage developing a viable mono-Codex for the main 40k game.

They have been releasing rules to allow these models to be used in 40k. Could they produce a compendium “Codex” of these? Yes, but in some ways the fact they’re not (avowedly) planning one at present suggests they’re not done yet with these releases, which is good.

Would I want an Inquisition Codex? On balance, yes, but my reservation would be that, if they tried too hard to make it work as a stand-alone mono-faction, it might compromise the option of running Inquisitors as flavoursome additions to armies predominantly drawn from other factions. Where we really need a Codex-like document is as a home for the usual Ordo-specific rules, stratagems, relics and Warlord traits, plus rules on how to build lists that are not blocked by the Battle Brothers restrictions.

We have rogue trader mini codices. You know guys and gals that run around with a rapier.

This is contrary to GW statements that a bro with a las pistol and rapier can't do much. What happens when that bro has the power to exterminate worlds, is a powerful psycher, and has a contingent of highly trained agents?

Inquisition should have updated rules and a way to fit into any imperial army.

KT is ok I like the game but I want my Inqs in 40k without the clumsiness of the index.

I’d like to see three options for including Inquisition in a list:

1) A rule to allow 0-1 Inquisitor and 0-1 Acolytes in any Imperium Detachment;

2) A Chamber Militant rule that allows <Ordo> units be mixed in a detachment with their respective Chamber Militant (e.g. Malleus with GK) without losing the specific keyword bonuses for either faction;

3) A list of Imperium units from other factions which can be included in an Inquisition detachment: they gain the Inquisition keyword but lose their <Regiment>, <Forgeworld> keyword. That would include units such as Scions, Enginseers, Servitors, Astra Telepathica units and the various non-Sororitas Adeptus Ministorum units. A selection of other Guard and AdMech units could be added to that list.

Something similar for Rogue Traders could work.

I'm still going to finish my terminator armor Inquisitor Lord with nemesis weapons. I suspect the "no model no rules" thing won't last forever. Obviously 40k is a combination of modelling and table top gaming, and really one can't exist without the other. That being said, conversions and custom work is a large part of modelling. Obviously GW doesn't want us creating an entire army from reaper models because GW doesn't have an offering, but with the amount of models out now it's pretty easy to build whatever you can imagine.

I miss adding inquisition to lists.

Archived