Lord of Hidden Knowledge & Teleportarium Stratagem

Syward

Got a quick question on the use of the roll for when spending CP’s from Lord of Hidden Knowledge.

Lord of Hidden Knowledge says “...and your Warlord is on the battlefield, roll a D6 each time you use a stratagem…”

My question is this, I have an army with a Watch Captain, a Librarian and 4x Intercessor Squads and I want to keep the Captain and 2x Intercessor squads in reserve using the Teleportarium Stratagem, and I select my Librarian to be the Warlord with LoHK. If I place my Librarian on the battlefield as my 1st deployment choice, then 2 of my Intercessor squads as my next 2 choices, then choose to spend 3 total  CP on Teleportarium, do I then get to use the D6 roll from LoHK since my warlord is on the battlefield even though the game hasn’t technically started yet, of do I not get to use LoHK until after turn 1 begins?

Thanks.

What indicates that it wouldn't work immediately?

The only stipulation is where it  says “...and your Warlord is on the battlefield..."  I'm just not sure if there's rules somewhere that says you can't use the Warlord Trait during the deployment phase or not. the way it's written seems like I could use it during deployment as long as my warlord is already on the battlefield, but I just want to make sure before I attempt to do it.

That was my thought/hope for using the rule, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't something I overlooked before I tried to use it. I'm new to playing and want to play correctly. :) 

Thanks for your input.

From the Eldar FAQ:

Q: If the Warlord of my Battle-forged army is an Autarch, can I use the Path of Command ability to refund Command Points when I spend them on Stratagems used during deployment (for example, Cloudstrike, Webway Strike, etc.)? A: Yes, but only if your Autarch Warlord is on the battlefield when the Stratagem is used.

On timings, the Big FAQ makes it clear that ‘before the battle’ or ‘during deployment’ are outside of the game rounds (found in the Agents of Vect errata limited when it can be used) therefore RAW its the only time that you can re-coop more than 1 CP, however does that go against RAI?  I dont know, and would play it that you could only regain one CP

The question is, how does it work in combination with the BIG FAQ? It limits the CP you regain to 1 per battle round but deployment is before any battle round.

You've answered your own question sir. Don't overcomplicate it.

From the Eldar FAQ:

Q: If the Warlord of my Battle-forged army is an Autarch, can I use the Path of Command ability to refund Command Points when I spend them on Stratagems used during deployment (for example, Cloudstrike, Webway Strike, etc.)? A: Yes, but only if your Autarch Warlord is on the battlefield when the Stratagem is used.

On timings, the Big FAQ makes it clear that ‘before the battle’ or ‘during deployment’ are outside of the game rounds (found in the Agents of Vect errata limited when it can be used) therefore RAW its the only time that you can re-coop more than 1 CP, however does that go against RAI?  I dont know, and would play it that you could only regain one CP

Don't overcomplicate it. Use it as RAW until they change it or clarify it. Attempting to play as RAI is what caused the mess of 7th edition to even occur in my opinion. Play the game as it is written, not how you think it should be written.

Archived