Working on Space Wolves

killersquid

So, I decided to start a new army, and I am starting with the Wolves. Ended up with a burning of prospero box, and 20 extra MKIII marines, so that'll form the core of the force. I'm sure there are plenty of space wolf armies around, but I wanted to share anyway!

Here is what I have finished so far.

5DDDiab.jpg

jt2ZST6.jpg

Here is what I'm working on now (Grey Hunters!)

SPt00IA.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks urauloth! I have a bunch of extra bits, so I think one of my next purchases will be a landspeeder, who's crew I'll replace with mk3 torsos, heads and pads.

The burning of Prospero has a heap of great Wolf transfers too, so it was a great buy. I saw that the box is discontinued, so when I saw a box at my store still, I had to buy it!

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten some small bit of progress done on the army.

I finished a unit of Thunderwolves, and a Dreadnought.

pYH3tMu.jpg

gkI9AK1.jpg

Played a 1500pt game against Orks as well, which was a lot of fun. Makes me really wish I had more command points! So, I think I'm going to try and work towards either two battalions, or a brigade.

here are some of the pictures from the game!

rsS4yno.jpg

9VvGQ12.jpg

26QZYdL.jpg

76PSjrV.jpg

v3XBbAo.jpg

1P9JILT.jpg

Tmg2s87.jpg

dN9rXwE.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words so far! I'm starting to buckle down now and trying to get some troops finished, before I allow myself to work on another big fun model.

Thanks folks!

I thought of the grey heresy-era colour scheme at first, but I like how the gold trim looks against the blue armour. This is the first time I'm trying to do scratches and chips on armour too (first marine army in half a decade), so I am trying to make them look good.

I'm having fun with the mkiii armour marines, I really love all the trim. Trying to sneak mkiii parts onto other models in the army ha ha.

I have some time off during the holidays, so I hope to get a bunch more work done. I have to paint ten more grey hunters, before I allow myself to paint either Bjorn, or the second unit of thunderwolves I have.

Just gotta start thinking of a display board/ army on parade board for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I've been slowly working on my miniatures! Trying to get ready for an event next month, but I don't know if I'll get these guys done in time!

Here is the stage of things now. I really enjoyed painting Bjorn.

bJf8q24.jpg

• 4 months later...

I've been working on adding Primaris marines to my army. Here is some of what I've finished so far!

Army 1

Fenrisian Wolves

Wolf Lord

Eliminators

Infiltrators

Suppressors

Interceptors

I have a squad of reivers, second squad of suppressors and a battle leader, I've yet to photograph done as well. I'll get those later. I'm really enjoying these models, way more than traditional marines. I wish I had just went primaris from the start lol.

Thanks!

It's the same colours, just applied differently for the primaris. The traditional marines were more just a pin wash, and layers neatly applied, while the primaris is done with an overall wash and drybrushes. The later takes waaaaay less time, which is great! Learned a lot painting the traditional marines which I'm applying on the primaris.

Excellent work on the Primaris Marines. I'm surprised their armor is not the blue-gray of post-Heresy Wolves. Were they all in stasis for the past 10,000 years, while Cawl tried to perfect the process that transformed these Wolves- veterans of the Heresy and the subsequent Scouring- into Primaris Marines?