The arms need 6*2mms, you can also magnetise the top AA guns/mortars, but there's no reason to do so.

The shoulder weapons are tricky. I still find it odd that they seem to have actively designed the mortars to be magnetised, but made the shoulder guns a right job to do!

I used loads of very small magnets to do mine. The tricky part is that all of the weapon options bar the Apoc arrays share a mounting bracket. Then, the mounting bracket fits into the same slot as the Apoc arrays, so, unless you don't want to use the Apocs, (not the worst decision, they arent great rules wise.) You need to magnetise the slot to accept both the Apocs and the mounting bracket, and then magnetise the bracket to swap between the other weapons. It's not impossible, but it takes planning, drilling and cutting to do. Worth it though.

• 1 year later...

Hail!

So - after not having touched AT18 for months and months, I managed to finish assembly of my Manufactorum kit last night. It is all in all a lovely kit, even if it is perhaps best combined with the two previous kits, as - as a stand-alone - it is a bit lacking.

Anyhow - here is what I will be looking into:

HvHASpj.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply, schoon! I wholly agree; scenery is a good way to get "something" done, that might be less time consuming than say a Knight or a Titan. 

I do, however, have a multitude of different Knight chassis half-painted, as well as a Reaver and a Psi-Titaan, that I am also stuck on...that darn trim! I think I will dedicate a fair bit of February 2023 to getting the Reaver done at least...

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

On 1/25/2023 at 10:44 AM, Master Ciaphas said:

Hail!

So - after not having touched AT18 for months and months, I managed to finish assembly of my Manufactorum kit last night. It is all in all a lovely kit, even if it is perhaps best combined with the two previous kits, as - as a stand-alone - it is a bit lacking.

Anyhow - here is what I will be looking into:

HvHASpj.jpg

Cheers!

I know what you mean, I built one set straight of the box, as the god emperor intended. After getting familiar with all the components and how they work together it triggered loads of ideas for combining it with the original building kit, there’s loads of cool stuff you can do!

Apart from being cripplingly isolating and terrifying/dull the first UK Covid lockdown was also a very productive time for my Titanicus scenery collection!

Cheers for the replies! 

I managed to get a bit of painting done last night, after my daughter had been tucked in. Managed to finish some pipes and almost got a silo & pipes done too. Not too bad for about 40min of painting...

aBFbHTa.jpg

V6MaRTI.jpg

5CBtJkc.jpg

At this pace, the entire box will be done end of February!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Cheers! 

Well  - fortunately, these are not my first terrain pieces. I have already a table's worth of terrain. These are just to add more spice to the setting :-)

I made some progress on the next five pieces:

fzoKXCe.jpg

and they are almost done. This evening will most likely see them done! 

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

So - I managed to finish the five new pieces of Manufactorum terrain:

rCbE2yd.jpg

Again - quite pleased with the result, especially compared to time spent on it. The painted Manufacturum collection now looks like this:

j2HBP2M.jpg

Now that they are done, and the fact that I will have my first AT18 game in almost a year on the 19th February, I decided to pick up work on my long-languishing Reaver titan - and finished painting and shading the trim last night:

WGYqUj8.jpg

Tonight, I will drybrush the God-Engine and then the fun part begins: painting the armour plates! 

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

More progress over the weekend. Honorum nears completion. 

9G0bCK3.jpg

Now I "just" need to finish shading the yellow armour, add decals and star map details, and then give everything a coat of gloss varnish, before assembling the bloody thing :-D

I also see on this wee blog of mine, that I started work on Honorum back on 4th June 2019...how time flies!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Thanks, Lord_Borak! The advantage of the IKEA theme is that it is really easy to claim cover, and you have multiple options for drawing line of sight ;-)

That said, Honorum is almost done! I just need to finish the carapace weapon - which will be one of these:

tF6gZOx.jpg

I have had them lying around for ages now, so this seemed as good a time as any to get them done! 

Also, I took out this fella yesterday:

ndrkIYV.jpg

Who has also been lying around in half-finished state for about two years now. After a few hours of painting, he now looks like this:

yM4nzcV.jpg

House Tintaroth will very soon have a potent reinforcement! I just need to finish off various cables and detailing, as well as add a few decals and then the base. One or two more evenings, and he is done as well.

On Sunday, I will have my first AT18 game in about a year. I plan on doing the following list:

Legio Astorum - Ferrox Light Maniple - 1000p

Honorum - Reaver Battle-Titan w. Chainfist, Melta Cannon & Vulcan Mega-Bolter (Princeps Senioris)

Pyladii Alpha - Warhound class Scout-Titan w.  Vulcan Mega-Bolter & Vulcan Mega-Bolter

Avernus Maxima - Warhound class Scout-Titan w. Plasma Blast Gun & Turbo Laser Destroyer

House Tintaroth Acastus Knight-Asterius w. Conversion Beam Cannons, Volkite Culverins & Karacnos Mortar Battery

They will be facing off against 1000p Legio Gryphonicus with a Reaver Titan, two Warhounds with Vulcan Mega-Bolter & Plasma Blastgun, and a pair of Cerastus Knight Lancers, probably in a Venator Light Maniple. 

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Ok.

Finished the Acastus-Knight Asterius. Finally! About two years from start to finish. Whesh. 

Vo66LKn.jpg

Next, I will be working on the Mechanicum Knight Magaera, who have also been lying around for ages and ages. I am desperately trying to reduce my back-log, so that I can get to the Warbringer-Nemesis and the Dire Wolf, that are still lying in their boxes. I "just" need to finish the following:

- 2 Cerastus-Castigators

- 2 Cerastus-Acherons

- 2 Cerastus-Lancers

- 2 Cerastus-Atrapos

- 2 Knight-Magaera

- 1 Warlord-Sinister

Also, still in boxes, I have three Moirax, three Armigers, a Warbinger Iconoclast, 2 Reavers, 2 Warhounds and 1 Warlord. 

Sigh.

Cheers!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Thank you, General Zodd! I am quite pleased with it, if I may say so myself.

Also - I have finished my IKEA themed Reaver Titan - Honorum!

xoN0ycG.jpg

Three new weapons and a titan added to my Legio arsenal. Not too shabby!

Also, Honorum saw it's first battle yesterday, and I will be writing up a report for later. 

Cheers!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Adeptus Titanicus Game 11 – Destruction of the War Griffons

Legio Astorum – Ferrox Light Maniple – 1000p

Honorum, Reaver-class Battle-Titan

-       Princeps Senioris (Iron-clad Tyrant)

-       Titan Chain Fist, Melta Cannon (Hardened Casing), Vulcan Mega-Bolter

Pyladii Alpha, Warhound-class Scout-Titan

-       Vulcan Mega-Bolter, Vulcan Mega-Bolter

Avernus Maxima, Warhound-class Scout-Titan

-       Upgrade: Bastion Shielding

-       Turbo Laser Destructor, Plasma Blastgun

Harbinger of Light, House Tintaroth Acastus Knight-Asterius

Stratagems: Experimental Locomotors (1), The Long Retreat (1)

4lllReH.jpg

Legio Gryphonicus – Venator Light Maniple – 995p

Principie, Reaver-class Battle-Titan

-       Princips Senioris (Master Duelist)

-       Upgrade: Bastion Shielding, Spark of Vengeance

-       Gatling Blaster, Laser Blaster, Apocalypse Missile Launcher

-       Target: Honorum

Benedictus, Warhound-class Scout-Titan

-       Upgrades: Bastion Shielding, Aquila Benedictus, Spark of Vengeance

-       Plasma Blastgun, Turbo Laser Destructor

-       Target: Pyladii Alpha

Invictus, Warhound-class Scout-Titan

-       Upgrade: Spark of Vengeance

-       Vulcan Mega-Bolter, Plasma Blastgun

-       Target: Avernus Maxima

House Raven Cerastus Knight-Lancers (2)

Stratagems: Blind Barrage (1), The Long Retreat (1)

bzf8wW1.jpg

Deployment: Fortified Positions

Primary Objective: Death and Destruction

Secondary Objectives: Expedient Strike (Astorum: Invictus & Benedictus), Seize the Quadrants (Gryphonicus)

NNjOSXJ.jpg

Deployment

KYeSJwK.jpg

8mo1Pl3.jpg

qeagb0C.jpg

Turn 1

Legio Astorum becomes first player. Legio Astorum plays Experimental Locomotors on Honorum. Gryphonicus does not play any stratagems. Honorum gets Full Stride order. Ceratus Knight-Lancers also get Ful Stride. Harbinger of Light gets First Fire order. Gryphonicus does not give any further orders, nor does Astorum.

cver2l9.jpg

jxHDDJY.jpg

Harbinger of Light First Fires on Benedictus, hitting all shots, resulting in eight saves on Benedictus, and four hits on Invictus and Principie respectively. Benedictus uses it’s Bastion Shielding, but it’s shields are still collapsed. Principie loses one shield, while Invictus is unscathed.

ZOBIrbr.jpg

The Cerastus Knights move forward and Pyladii Alpha moves to counter on the right flank. Benedictus moves forward. Honorum uses the Astorum War March and moves as far forward as possible. Principie and Invictus also move forward. Avernus Maxima moves up behind Honorum.

In the Damage Repair phase, Benedictus succeeds in restoring a single shield.

2Oh6ItL.jpg

In the Combat Phase, Harbinger of Light downs the just restored shield on Benedictus with its Karacnos Mortar Battery, and then pounds the luckless Warhound with its Twin Conversion Beamer. The fusillade deals devastating damage to the Gryphonicus Warhound, who suffers a Magazine Detonation. First Engine Kill to Legio Astorum.

Carrying the Aquila Benedictus, Principie’s and Invictus’ Sparks of Vengeance take effect, and both fire their weapons at Honorum. The Reaver’s shields, however, hold firm. Carrying on, both Titans open up at Honorum during the Combat Phase, leaving it slight damaged in the body. Honorum, on Full Stride orders move forward, while the House Raven Cerastus Knight-Lancers change direction and storm towards Honorum. Seeing the danger these pose, Avernus Maxima fires it’s Plasma Blastgun on maximal fire, as well as it’s Turbo Laser Destructor, but despite landing two devastating hits and a critical hit, only manages to kill a single Cerastus Knights. Despite the loss of a Knight, the banner is not shaken.

EWriUjZ.jpg

Invictus and Principie concentrate their fire on Honorum, downing its shields, and deal it slight damage to the legs. Also, its Reaver Chain Fist is disabled.

In the End Phase, Honorum passes the Experimental Locomotors test.

M0702lG.jpg

Turn 2

Legio Gryphonicus becomes first player. Plays Blind Barrage on the Cerastus Knight-Lancers. Principie and Invictus are both given First Fire orders, while the Knights are given a Charge order. Harbinger of Light is given First Fire, while Honorum is also given a Charge order.

The Cerastus Knight bravely charges into contact with Honorum, skewing the mighty Reaver with its shock lance. Though damaged, the Astorum titan remains standing. On First Fire order, Harbinger of Light hits Principie hard, and though damaged, it is now only suffering from a reactor leak.

K3kniq5.jpg

9WVzvm3.jpg

Honorum, damaged as it is, fails to smash the Cerastus Knight in combat. In the damage repair phase, it repairs its Chain Fist.

In the Combat Phase, the Gryphonicus Titans open fire at Honorum, greatly damaging the noble Reaver, leaving it with a Void Shield Generator burnout. In return, Honorum fails to smash or hit the annoying Cerastus, and at the end of its patience, levels its Melta Cannon, obliterating the Knight-Lancer, removing it from existence.

ZDT10rj.jpg

In the End Phase, Honorum passes the Experimental Locomotors test.

Turn 3

Legio Astorum becomes first player. Honorum is given a Charge Order, Invictus is given Emergency Repairs, Harbinger of Light is given First Fire, Principie is also given Emergency Repairs. Invictus succeeds in restoring a shield, while Principie succeeds in removing a point of critical damage to its body and restore a shield.

JEmz6kb.jpg

A58WYvG.jpg

Honorum moves in for the kill, but only succeeds in severely damaging Invictus’ body, leaving it but one hit from death. In desperation, Invictus scuttles back form the Astorum Princeps Senioris. Having moved forward, Honorum is now out of arc from Principie, safe from retaliation. Instead, Principie fires everything at Pyladii Alpha, and succeeds in taking down its shields, following dismal fire control.

The two Astorum Warhounds now focus on the isolated Gryphonicus Princeps Senioris. Avernus Maxima commences with a Shieldbane shot from its Turbo Laser Destructor, taking down the last shield. It then fires it Plasma Blastgun on maximal fire, hitting and doing a point of critical damage. Pyladii Alpha follows on, targeting the body with its Vulcan Mega-Bolters and on the last fusillade, it manages to chip away the last two points on the critical damage, laying the Gryphonicus Reaver Titan low.  

In a blaze of fire, Harbinger of Light brings down Invictus, destroying the last Gryphonicus engine.

6Rxqudi.jpg

fh2XurP.jpg

Thus Legio Astorum claims Victory, having destroyed the all offending War Griffons with no loss to themselves.

Despite the one-side outcome, it was a fun game - my Reaver Titan was SOOO close to being destroyed in end Turn 1 and Turn 2, but my opponent had terrible dice rolls, which ensured the survival of my Reaver. Also, I had provided him with my list five days in advance of our game, so that he could prepare for me having an Asterius along.  This was also the first time, that I actually played with an Asterius...and my opinion is, that it is terribly good for its points! Probably far too good, actually.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Thanks for the batrep and great pictures. I agree that your knight looks like it made all the difference, taking out two warhounds. I'm afraid it does seem that Acastus knights are simply too good. It's a real shame because the models are great, but as it stands I wouldn't field one and I can't recommend anyone else using them either. They skew the game too much.

Great looking board and titans! I quite like the gaming mat, where's that from? 

I also have an Asterius that's been sitting in my cupboard of shame since it was released (I have no idea why I pre-order stuff). Might give it a whirl but if it's this deadly I might well leave it for the big games.

Really digging the texturing on Honourms base. How did you do it?

Edited by Lord_Borak