Hail!

Yeah, it was tough. The organizer had participated in the Warhammer World Event and used the mission from there, but altered it slightly, so that the VP conditions were more fair, but range from the board edge was decreased in order to prevent fx Knight Households making an exit in Turn 1. 

Still - I made a number of mistakes, which did not make it any easier - and it was only my fourth game, ever :-)

On another note, being locked in on account of the Corona virus event, I have spent my Sunday taking a few pictures of newly finished models :-)

Two Acastus Knight-Porphyrions - Arx Terminus and Bane of Tyrants! I really look forward to playing a game with them!

dPQOJSE.jpg

d16FnUK.jpg

I also took a picture of my entire collection of painted Knights (various classes):

JKVPfFV.jpg

And since I was at it anyways, I also took a picture of my entire collection of painted Titans, Knights and terrain :-D

IuGuZce.jpg

YoF3MMo.jpg

Enjoy!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

The small banners I made myself. I just cut a piece of paper, painted it, and found an old Imperial Guard transfer sheet with a suitable decal and used that to spice it up. Then, when dry, I glued it onto the building :-)

That's it.

Faithfully,
Master Ciaphas

Thank you, Mandragola. 

Now, while I like the look of the Knights, I find them a chore to paint. As bad as / potentially worse than painting the trim on the Titans armour panels. 

That said, I am a completionist; when GW releases the new Cerastus Knight variants, I will be getting some of those to paint up. Sigh. 

I know exactly what you mean. I'm also going to get some, but not particularly looking forward to painting them. I think I'll go for House Terryn, and it ought to be reasonably easy to do I think. I'll definitely use my approach of painting the trim first and then filling in the colours, rather than trying to neatly paint those microscopic lines.

Hail!

Well, life has been busy here, so I have not gotten any painting done lately. Last night, however, I managed to assemble half a box of Administratum Spires. 

Lovely small things - and far better to do a little, than nothing at all!

ZxhROHx.jpg

I think I will have to buy another box of the Civitas terrain, to have something to put the spires on.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

• 2 weeks later...

Hail!

This morning I managed to finish off the last three Questoris Knight-Gallants for my Titans of the Heresy event pledge! So without further ado - I present the three Questoris:

7Z8IAGT.jpg

9W6Lho5.jpg

And also for your viewing pleasure, and overview of all that I managed to comple for this year's event!

Unyk5Jt.jpg

Enjoy!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

• 4 months later...

Hail!

Just say – I AM NOT DEAD (yet, at least!)

I have just been busy with other things! However, this weekend I finally managed to assemble the newest Cerastus variants, as well as my last two Cerastus Lancers. I therefore now have six wonderful Cerastus Knights (two Lancers, two Castigators and two Acherons) on the table, awaiting painting. I have only died a little inside, thinking of all that miniscule trim that I have to paint…

nW4qXoR.jpg

Also, on Wednesday, August 5th, I managed to play my 5th game of Adeptus Titanicus – my biggest game to date (1750p) also including the use of Stratagems for the first time, against Legio Mordaxis. I intend to write up the battle in the same narrative fashion as the other four games on this wee blog of mine, so stay tuned. And without spoiling anything, I had a blast and my opponent got top marks for sportsmanship!

Faithfully,
Master Ciaphas

Cheers!

The new ones are more complex to put together - as in that there are more bits. They are also, I think, more "static", as the cabling from the flamecannon and Castigator Bolt Cannon dictate the positioning of the left hand weapon, with only the right hand being truly posable. 

That said, I think a single box of 2x2 new Cerastus Knights will look awesome regardless, once they are painted.

Game Five 

Forces:

Legio Astorum (Axiom Maniple)

Terribilis Vindicta, Warlord-class battle titan (Princeps trait: Swift Killer)
- Sunfury Plasma Annihilator
- Belicosa Volcano Cannon
- Apocalypse Missile Launchers

Tritus, Reaver-class titan
- Melta Cannon
- Titan Powerfist
- Apocalypse Missile Launcher

Pyladii Alpha, Warhound-class scout titan
- Vulcan Mega-bolter
- Vulcan Mega-bolter

Avernus Maxima, Warhound-class scout titan
- Plasma Blastgun
- Turbo-Laser Destroyer

Bane of Tyrants, Acastus-Porphyrion-class Knight

Legio Mordaxis (Arcus Maniple)
Warbringer Nemesis-class titan (Princeps: Dominant Strategist)
- Gatling Blaster
- Chainfist
- Apocalypse Missile Launcher

Warhound-class scout titan
- Plasma Blastgun
- Vulcan Mega-bolter

Warhound-class scout titan
- Plasma Blastgun
- Vulcan Mega-bolter

Acastus-Porphyrion-class Knight

>REDACTED<, Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan
- Sinistramanus Tenebrae
- Arioch Power-fist
- Vulcan Mega-Bolter Array

Deployment: Chance Encounter
Missions: Hold the Line (Astorum), Hold the Line (Mordaxis)

On the world of Procon, ice-locked in a planetwide ice age, Legio Astorum had been tasked by the Sigilite himself, to bring Legio Mordaxis to heel and destroy the renegade Psi-Warlord >REDACTED<.

Part of the Legio had managed to block the escape of Mordaxis, whilst the remainder were hurrying to strike the rear of the Traitor Legio. All Astorum had to do, was Hold the Line. Mordaxis, however, had chosen to do the same, trusting to their poison weapons and the awesome might of the renegade >REDACTED< to bring the Loyalist Legio low.

jQk5un3.jpg

Astorum were deployed with the mighty Terribilis Vindicta in the center, flanked on the right by Questoris Knights of Tintaroth and the Warhound Avernus Maxima, and on the left by the Reaver Tritus, the Warhound Pyladii Alpha and the Acatus Knight Bane of Tyrants. Across from them, stood a nefarious Nemesis-Warbringer and two Warhounds in an Arcus Maniple, supported by an Acastus Knight and >REDACTED<.

onjWsvU.jpg

Astorum tried to flank the Questoris Knights on the right, but they were destroyed in a single salvo from the enemy Acastus Knight. Tritus advanced up the center but was rapidly incapacitated by Quake shells from the Warbringer. >REDACTED< enacted a heinous ritual and stepped through a warp fissure, emerging a lot closer to the Astorum lines.

tpJqEQ4.jpg

sbccNDV.jpg

The Loyalists did not flinch from the challenge, and though Tritus had been severely damaged and slowed by the Warbringer, both Mordaxis Warhounds were quickly culled by the Astorum titans. Bane of Tyrants sighted the renegade counterpart and destroyed the Acastus in a single, very lucky, salvo of fire.

2P5J1y8.jpg

>REDACTED< had now come so close, that it could hit Pyladii Alpha with its titan fist, but the quick jump through the warp had obviously distorted its aim, and it barely damaged the Warhound.  By now, Astorum had managed to damage >REDACTED< severely, but Terribilis Vindicta failed dismally on finishing it off with its Sunfury Plasma Annihilator, managing only to damage itself!

grLIcZ7.jpg

1OT4sbo.jpg

By now, Tritus had been dispatched by the Warbringer, and Avernus Maxima had overheated, killing itself and damaging >REDACTED< further.
Terribilis Vindicta finally managed to fell >REDACTED< in close quarter battle, killing the renegade. With the mighty crash of the Psi-Warlord, the battle was done. The sole surviving Mordaxis engine - the Princeps Senioris - retreating into the frozen wastes of Procon.

z1n0jp1.jpg

Comments
All in all - a very good and fun game! And I am very much looking forward to my next game! But by goodness, are those Acastus Knights frustrating to play against and boring to field!

Nice report, keep on gaming. Acastii are a lot more reasonable and less time-consuming if you remove their Blast trait (and perhaps deny Aiming) without really losing their teeth as a unit, their guns as written are still just silly. Makes for a lot better game.

Oh, another note for the future: the psi-titan cannot be fielded alongside traitor forces, which the army indeed had to be to use Warp Displacement (unless you just handwaved that away?).

Cheers for the reply, Sherrypie. As the for the Traitor Psi-Titan, we indeed handwaved that part away. My opponent had asked beforehand whether it was ok for him to bring one along - and I really wanted to see the model on the table. Hence, it also formed part of the narrative reason for the battle :-)

It was good fun! A Psi-Titan can be real trouble - and we even forgot that the beam weapon can make aimed shots at locations and rolled for the hit location randomly. 

Kindly,

Master Ciaphas

Yeah, the limitation isn't that hard unless going for hard powerplay where it's very serious what stratagems can be utilized :D

I agree on it being a fearsome blighter on the field, Sinistramanus punches hard as do the powers. For some reason my opponents try to blast mine apart instead of focusing on actually relevant targets, wonder why :whistling: 

Thanks for the batrep. Interesting to see the Psi-Titan on the field. I don’t think I’ve seen a report yet where one of those has survived. That said, so far it’s always been the player’s first time using the thing I think. Can’t wait to give mine a go, or to get any of my titans on a board.

Great report - sounds like fun was had by all!

...and your game mat and terrain are pretty fun, too. I have a weak spot for snow-covered battlefields.

Where is that pale-grey, twisting, rocky terrain from? It looks good, and fits well with the Titans.