• 1 month later...

Hail!

Do not worry! I am not dead (yet, anyways!)

Despite not having done much AT18 lately, I was nevertheless inspired during the weekend, to start assembly of my Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan, Occedentalis-Daoloth! 

I have not gotten that far yet, but think I have managed a better pose than on my first Warlord.

Tonight I will be cleaning the resin and putting magnets in, and then I will be priming it all with gunmetal grey. 

vCvhx1i.jpg

uS0XeQX.jpg

bdggAtk.jpg

lMhCBfL.jpg

A friend of mine 3D printed the Ordo Sinister heraldry, so it will be looking suitably swag, once it is done. Also, I might be adding the mini-Armiger or perhaps a fallen Contemptor to the base. 

Tomorrow I think I can managed to the Nuln Oil / Agrax Wash done and then I will be looking into painting the trim (brrrrrrrrr).

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Ok. So cleaning and basic assemby is done. Now on to the priming phase with gunmetal grey spray!

oHOtpxw.jpg

As can be seen, it will be armed with a Macro Gatling Cannon, Apocalypse Missile Launchers and the scary Sinistramanus Tenebrae! Good times!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Game Seven - Adeptus Titanicus Battle Report – The Syracatii Debacle

Open War Cards: War World, Scattered Front, Vox Ghosts, Primary Objective: Death and Destruction, Astorum Secondary: Cur off the Head

Zr7x9mo.jpg

Legio Astorum – Loyalist Strike Force Starfire – Axiom Maniple

Terribilis Vindicta, Warlord-class Battle Titan Princeps Senioris (Reckless Hubris) – Mori Quake Cannon, Sunfury Plasma Annihilator, Paired Gatling Cannons
Tritus, Reaver-class Battle Titan – Titan Powerfist, Melta Cannon, Warp Missile Rack
Alpha Pyladii, Warhound-class Scout Titan, Vulcan Mega-Bolter, Vulcan Mega-Bolter
Avernus Maxima, Warhound-class Scout Titan, Plasma Blastgun, Turbo-Laser Destructor

5 Questoris-Knights (2 Knight-Gallant, 1 Knight-Paladin, 1 Knight-Errant, 1 Knight-Warden)

lSU6t3z.jpg

Legio Iudex – Unknown “Loyalist” Formation – 2 x Ferrox Maniples

Reaver Titan, Princeps Senioris (Dominant Strategist), Melta Cannon, Chainfist, Vulcan Mega-Bolter
Warhound, Vulcan Mega-Bolter, Plasma Blastgun

Reaver Titan, Princeps Senioris (Dominant Strategist), Laser Blaster, Chainfist, Vulcan Mega-Bolter

Turn 1

AZBBsO8.jpg

XUz8ICK.jpg

Legio Astorum is caught unprepared, and Legio Iudex forces them to move first. Outactivated, the Astorum forces try their best to get into position, so that they can fire at the advancing “traitors”. The Warlord fires all it’s weapons at a Iudex Warhound, but only manage to collapse a single shield. The Warhound also suffers a single heat to its reactor, from pushing its shields. Alpha Pyladii and Tritus fire all their weapons at another Iudex Warhound – but despite hitting it with Vulcan Mega-Bolters, a Plasma Blastgun, a draining Turbo-Laser Destructor and a Melta Cannon, no shields are collapsed. Astorum senses that they are in trouble.

YuDoSIu.jpg

tKNLFRg.jpg

Legio Iudex advance their Titans towards the Astorum engines. Returning fire, Legio Iudex manage to collapse the shields on Avernus Maxima as well as destroying three of Questoris Knights, shaking the banner.

9bdwLTq.jpg

Turn 2

Astorum win the initiative.

OOmzxTs.jpg

In the combat phase, Legio Iudex use their Dominant Strategist trait and claim initiative. The Iudex Warhound runs at the Astorum Warlord, and despite damaging the greater engine, the Warlord rerturns the blows, critically damaging the body of the Warhound. Having failed to charge Alpha Pyladii, the second Iudex Reaver fires it’s guns at Avernus Maxima, silencing the noble Warhound.

Terribilis Vindicta first fires it’s Sunfury at the Iudex Reaver, but fails to collapse any shields. In the combat phase, tries to destroy the Warhound, but fails, only damaging its body further, resulting in a reactor leak. 

The remaining two Questoris Knights are destroyed by the flanking Iudex Warhound.

Turn 3

Legio Iudex again claim the initiative, using the second Dominant Strategist trait. Also, Legio Iudex play the Great Crusade stratagem.
Issued Charge orders, a Iudex Warhound runs into Tritus, severely damaging the Reaver titan’s body.

9GXZ3NH.jpg

The Iudex Warhound engaged with Terribilis Vindicta is unable to control it’s reactor any further, and suffers a catastrophic meltdown. The Astorum Warlord and Iudex Reaver Titan are both damaged by the Warhound’s demise, though the Warlord takes the worst of it, suffering critical damage to its body, while the Iudex merely gets a direct hit.

L2VH6hv.jpg

In the combat phase, Tritus is destroyed by the Warhound in melee. Playing the Last Ditch Effort stratagem, the Reaver falls onto the Warhound, damaging it slightly, but not enough to seriously endanger it’s survival.

Legio Astorum are now left with Alpha Pyladii and Terribilis Maxima. Across from them are three undamaged Iudex Warhounds, and two Reavers, one of which is damaged in the body.

Turn 4

Astorum win the initiative. During the command phase, Terribilis Vindicta rolls a 2 for Command check; the re-roll results in a “1”. On account of the Vox Ghosts effect, Legio Iudex issues the Full Stride order to Terribilis Vindicta.

With only Alpha Pyladii remaining, who’s only target is the damaged Iudex Reaver, Astorum faces an inevitable defeat.

Unable to fire it’s guns – and with a damaged, shield-less Alpha Pyladii facing a Reaver Titan and three Warhounds, Legio Astorum concedes the field of battle, retreating with their last two Titans.

FVhYwOR.jpg

Legio Iudex win an overwhelming victory!

Comments
That was rough! It was good fun playing again, as I have not played AT18 since October 2020. I guess I am just severely out of practice! Also – it did not help that I forgot to use Machine Defiance twice, as it could perhaps have helped Tritus stay alive for another turn…or even Avernus Maxima. I think the remedy is: play more AT18 games!

Also  -  my opponent’s army was just plainly better constructed, and I had awful luck in my first turn and a good part of my second.

Edited by Master Ciaphas

Hail!

Just a wee update! 

I also managed the other day, to finish off a further four weapon systems for my Titans. An ever increasing arsenal is at my disposal. Now I must get cracking on my Volkite weapons for my Warhounds, Reavers and Warlord!

UVUxvbd.jpg

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

• 1 month later...

Game Eight - Adeptus Titanicus Battle Report – The Tyrantii II Incident

The mission played was Meeting Engagement, where Legio Gryphonicus had Engage & Destroy while Legio Astorum were trying to Hold the Line. Deployment was Lines of Battle.

As the game served as an introductionary game, it was played without Stratagems. 

Legio Astorum – Loyalist Strike Force Starfire – Venator Light Maniple

B2Mo4P5.jpg

Tritus, Reaver-class Battle Titan – Titan Powerfist, Melta Cannon, Warp Missile Rack, Princeps Senioris (Hero of the Crusade)
Alpha Pyladii, Warhound-class Scout Titan, Vulcan Mega-Bolter, Vulcan Mega-Bolter
Avernus Maxima, Warhound-class Scout Titan, Plasma Blastgun, Turbo-Laser Destructor

Legio Gryphonicus – Traitor Strike Force “Blood of Mars” – Venator Light Maniple

xramMEr.jpg

Blood of Mars, Reaver-class Battle Titan – Gatling Blaster, Laser Blaster, Apocalypse Missiles Princeps Senioris (Hunter Without Equal)
Warhound-class Scout Titan, Turbo-Laser Destructor, Inferno Cannon
Warhound-class Scout Titan, Plasma Blastgun, Vulcan Mega-Bolter

Turn 1

LIS40wZ.jpg

Gryphonicus won the roll off for deployment, while Astorum won the initiative for first player. Both forces moved closer to each other, with Alpha Pyladii making a dash up the right flank on Full Stride orders. No significant damage was dealt by either force.

ishFTer.jpg

Turn 2

Closing in, Pyladii Alpha managed to collapse the shields on the Gryphonicus Warhound with plasma blastgun and Vulcan Mega-Bolter. The opportunistic strike from Tritus missed, however. The Gryphonicus Warhound retaliated and also dropped the shields on Pyladii Alpha, resulting in the Astorum engine being subjected to a barrage from the Blood of Mars. Alas, the missiles managed to inflict three points of damage on Pyladii’s legs.

EoANjBg.jpg

ztS3q1K.jpg

Turn 3

ClGh1QX.jpg

Legio Gryphonicus gained the initiative and moved forward with what it could.

The Gryphonicus Warhound was now focused on by Tritus and Pyladii Alpha. Already injured, it was now subjected to such punishment, that its reactor was breached, and it suffered a catastrophic meltdown. The death of the Warhound also resulted in structural damage being suffered by Pyladii Alpha, who’s body was damaged enough to get a reactor leak.

NFnSIBj.jpg

TSHQ0N4.jpg

Turn 4

The enemy reaver now focused its full attention on Tritus. Already damaged, its shields were rapidly stripped by the first volley from the Apocalypse Missile Launcher. It was then battered by the Gatling Blaster, before being pierced by the Laser Blaster. Gutted, it’s melta cannon suffered a magazine detonation, but despite being near the Blood of Mars, the enemy reaver’s void shields weathered the devastation.

In turn, Avernus Maxima killed the last Gryphonicus Warhound.

Turn 5

The enemy reaver now faced the wrath of both Pyladii Alpha and Avernus Maxima. Sadly, despite their best efforts, they were unable to down the surviving Gryphonicus God-Engine. When the smoke cleared, the Blood of Mars was heavily damaged. Its void shields were blown, and it had suffered such significant damage to it’s legs, that the engine was immobilized. Another tiny bit of damage would have seen the Reaver Titan fall.

But it was not to be! Time had run out for Legio Astorum, and they saw themselves beat on the field.

QB2w4oD.jpg

Victory had been claimed by Legio Gryphonicus!

End Comments

16-11 to Gryphonicus. Hold the Line is a difficult mission to achieve, as killing Engines does not really earn you anywhere near the same points as you get when you try to achieve Engage & Destroy. It was still a tight game – and a heap of fun! And - oh yes - both me and my opponent were fairly pants at making successful command rolls....

Edited by Master Ciaphas

Great Batrep. Out of interest, were you using the VPs for Engage and Destroy straight out of the book? They have been FAQd to reduce the amount of points you get. Killing a Reaver is now worth 10 VPs. Maybe Gryphonicus scored something else though.

FAQ is here, and very well worth reading: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ZD5PzJART9mJGL9z.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hello! 

Great Batrep. Out of interest, were you using the VPs for Engage and Destroy straight out of the book? They have been FAQd to reduce the amount of points you get. Killing a Reaver is now worth 10 VPs. Maybe Gryphonicus scored something else though.

FAQ is here, and very well worth reading: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ZD5PzJART9mJGL9z.pdf

Sorry for the tardy reply, Mandragola! Yes, we used the adjusted FAQ Victory Points - and I still lost (which is OK, if it gives incentive to a new player to try and play more). 

Also - I have not been entirely idle on the AT18 hobby front, as I have bought the new Asterius, as well as finally gotten around to building my Knight-Magaera and Cerastus-Atrapos. After all, I need to have them finished before I receive the new Armiger micro-knights. Yes - I bought a single set of the Questoris and Mechanicum variants. Yes, they are pricey. Yes, I am a hoarder :-) 

egNSGcw.jpg

s3PYLiv.jpg

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Very nice. I've also got an Asterius and a couple of Atrapos, but so far I haven't gone for the Questoris or Armigers from FW. I look forward to seeing the armiger terminals. I might get some eventually but I hate having to buy stuff without knowing what it does.

Hail!

Thanks, Mandragola. I agree on the aversion ot buying models, that are totally unknown ruleswise. However - for me - AT18 is very much a game of "rule of cool" and it is (for the most part) the same attitude that my gaming community here in Denmark has chosen to adopt. Mind you - AT18 is still incredibly niche here, and thus the community small. That means that most of the AT18 gamers are known, making it easier to form a consensus on how to approach the game. 

But - yes - there are stiill too many Warhounds that are only equipped with Vulcan Mega-Bolters and Plasma Blastguns :-) 

As for the two new armiger variants - if they look cool, I will play them. If they are overpowered (like say the Asterius or Porphyrion), I will bring them rarely and when I do, I will forewarn my opponent, so that they can prepare properly.  

In other news, I have managed to finish assembly of my Mechanicum Knights, who are now awaiting priming. 

fGm8mfY.jpg

I adore these models! and am really looking forward to painting them. 

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

I definitely agree on the rule of cool, especially for AT. And actually we’re lucky in that almost all of our rules are reasonably balanced. The exception is the Acastus knight, and I’ve got seven of those (one actually painted!) that I’m never likely to use till their rules change. If Armigers are like that then I won’t use them either, and I’ll have another pile of useless resin.

To be honest if I bought armigers now I wouldn’t get a chance to paint them for quite a long time. As such there’s no reason to buy them at this point. I might as well wait and see what they do, and whether I’d ever be likely to use them, before buying them.

That said, I look forward to seeing yours done. The little things do look cool.

Edited by Mandragola

Hail!

Thank you all for your comments! 

Yes - the price tag on these resin knights is (almost) prohibitively high. That said, AT18 is pretty much my sole GW fix. I have bought a postage stamp in Aeronautica Imperialis, but as I could spend credits at the FLGS on that, I effetively have only paid money for the Ground Assets - and nothing at all for the Wrath of Angels box and a Thunderhawk (that, at the very least, will also serve as terrain for AT18).

I made very good progress on my Knights yesterday, as I managed to prime them all, wash them with Nuln Oil and paint all of the gold trim. Tonight, I will be giving the trim a was of Reikland Flesh Shade and when dry, a dry brush of Necron Compound. Then I will start to block in all the armour panels with Dawnstone and Mephiston Red. It should - in theory - be relatively straight forward. 

Tomorrow I expect FW to dispatch the Armingers that came on pre-order last week. My intnetion is to have these five Knights fully painted and done, before I receive the six Armigers (3 Questoris / 3 Mechanicum), so that the Grey Pile of Shame does not grow too much.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

• 3 weeks later...

Hail!

I never managed to put up pictures from my last game of AT18. It was another introduction game and was played on 28 October 2021. About 750 points a side, each with a Venator Maniple consisting of Reaver and two Warhounds. 

We played without using either Princeps or Legio traits. Nor did we use stratagems. 

Legio Astorum had the "Vital Cargo" while Xestobiax had "Hold the Line".

tVvZH1P.jpg

HKbE64g.jpg

LnN8zCi.jpg

4uZeKrN.jpg

j0tAPjg.jpg

djPdvT6.jpg

Cdr3qk0.jpg

H1meVKU.jpg

The game ended with a narrow defeat for Legio Astorum. Scoring fewer points for killing and damaging enemy engines, and getting fewer points for completing the mission than Xestobiax' mission swung it in favour of the Traitor Legio.

Still - it was a thoroughly enjoyable game.

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

Edited by Master Ciaphas

• 4 weeks later...

Hail!

So - Christmas and my birthday has now come and gone - and a good friend of mine gifted me this awesome thing:

mq1vn4d.jpg

I think I have found THE titan, that I must finish in 2022. 

So...before I break the shrink wrap - how magnets for I need for this handsome fella - and which sizes?

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas