Show us your Scion & Bullgryn colour schemes

Wassa

So I've picked up my first pack of Scions, and originally I thought I wanted to paint them black like a SWAT team, but I can't decide between that and the standard blue pictures.

Example of black scions (not mine):

a02b31bb4894de7a002124899d5cd6b1.jpg

Thoughts?

My Bullgryn I decided to do green, but I'm also wondering whether to paint it the blue to give it a contrasting colour to the rest of my green army.

My Bullgryn:

My Guard have a temperate camouflage scheme:

gallery_30308_9560_110182.jpg

So the Bullgryns have a matching scheme:

gallery_30308_10604_20137.jpg

This isn't the case for Stormtroopers, as they're the elite forces they wear the Inquisitor Lord's colours:

gallery_30308_14554_20425.jpg

With the Auxilia nature of Bullgryns and that Scions can be a separate regiment you have free reign to make them as similar or different as you like :) In particular the classic Inquisition colours of black and red look good on them.

All pictures from B&C painting events ;)

I don't have any photos at the moment but I'll probably paint my bullgryns the same colour as my cadians. I do my Kasrkin in the same (standard) colours as my own cadian regiment, while my inquisitorial stormtroopers are black with a silver trim and royal blue fatigues. 

oo I love the blood, is that the blood from games workshop?

It is, bit of good brush application (don't be stingy with it) finished with some brush flicks for some more realistic splatter :)

Great to see people flexing their creativity on the support to the grunts :tu:

Managed to get my Bullgryns into cover in the middle of the battlefield last night, and buffed with Psychic Barrier to give them a 0+/3++ save. They practically soloed the 500 point battle!

I think they now deserve more than 1 Bullgryn to be painted :)

Managed to get my Bullgryns into cover in the middle of the battlefield last night, and buffed with Psychic Barrier to give them a 0+/3++ save. They practically soloed the 500 point battle!

I think they now deserve more than 1 Bullgryn to be painted :)

They can be absolute beasts in soaking up fire. Have fun painting them, they are one of my favorites to paint.

Cheers, I think I have got it figured out now!

These are my bullgryns:

IMG 3357

IMG 3355

IMG 3353

With my scions looking like:

IMG 3359

And my normal guard :

IMG 3358

The bullgryns have been absolute beasts in my last few games (especially when buffed), carving up lots of heretics!

(Sorry for the bad quality photos as well)

My Bullgryn I decided to do green, but I'm also wondering whether to paint it the blue to give it a contrasting colour to the rest of my green army.

My Bullgryn:

http://i.imgur.com/LNfwmQAl.jpg

I like the way he looks. As for colors, green best matches the grass you have decorating his base- he looks camouflaged, as appropriate for an Astra Militarum serviceman. Blue armor is more appropriate if the base decorations are of urban terrain, or naval (see images of Chinese marines and their equipment, such as this one, of the ZBD-05 amphibious vehicle).

Archived