looking forward to primaris GK?

noigrim

What's special about GK is their very own PA model design. If you slap their shoulder pads on a Tac Squad and paint it silver, it's just not the same.

But would we really want to pay 40pts for Intercessor Strike Squads? I mean, I would, I started GK in 8th edition so I clearly must be mad, but I might be the only one...

Which I can confirm. It luckily works out for me since they aren't supposed to be Grey Knights tho.

Also they obviously wouldn't cost 40p. Intercessors cost 5p more than Tacticals so they'd cost about 26p. :wink:

Well, after seeing this, I'd definitely jump on the GK Primaris wagon.

And 26p would still be overcosted, but what else is new ;)

What's special about GK is their very own PA model design. If you slap their shoulder pads on a Tac Squad and paint it silver, it's just not the same.

Should GK ever get Primaris, that will either be over and done with (which I would resent) or we'll get knighty Mk X armor (which I'd love).

Hell, imagine the possibilities for Black Templar kitbashes!

But would we really want to pay 40pts for Intercessor Strike Squads? I mean, I would, I started GK in 8th edition so I clearly must be mad, but I might be the only one...

Same here. I only got on the train front Titan at the start of the year and I'm enjoying them but if a primaris kit can out, I would snap it up. The new kits are excellent quality and I would love to see Primaris Grey Knights.

Also from a fluff point of view there is that whole galaxy spanning rift thingy now. I would hazard a guess the daemons are getting a little more upity.

Which I can confirm. It luckily works out for me since they aren't supposed to be Grey Knights tho.

Also they obviously wouldn't cost 40p. Intercessors cost 5p more than Tacticals so they'd cost about 26p. :wink:

Well, after seeing this, I'd definitely jump on the GK Primaris wagon.

They look good, don't they? :D

Still they look like Tacticals/Grey Knights painted silver with some GK bitz. True Grey Knights still look a bit differently with proper GK armour, Stormbolter and Force Weapons tho. As you said before, it's just not the same. ;)

Our unique PA and GKT models may be part of the reason we don't have more support from GW. They made beautiful models for GK several years ago. How well did they sell? GK players bought them, of course. But how many of us are there? GW tracks the sales of each faction, and I suspect we are one of the lowest selling armies. (We can argue in a different thread about how GK sales might be hurt by poor performance as an army.)

So when it comes to primaris for GK, why create an expensive a set of plastic molds for a new unit that will sell only to a small user base (Grey Knight players), when you could make the same investment to create molds/models that will sell to EVERY OTHER power armor faction out there? The buyers for generic primaris + chapter upgrade kits might be 100x larger than the market for GK primaris kits.

Don't get me wrong -- I love our unique models. In fact, they were the reason I picked Grey Knights as my first 40k army. But that uniqueness cuts both ways, as it is also a potential hurdle to getting the attention, excitement and support from a profit-seeking enterprise. 

Sales don't affect an armies performance. Tomb Kings are not even sold by GW anymore and their legacy rules still enable them to win AoS tournaments. Primaris Mariunes and Death Guard have been the two main armies in the fluff for the past year and something GW would want to push sales for as new model lines and both were performing pretty meh on tournaments. Just as an example.

Nothing changed so far. It's either because GW wants to drop GK (unlikely) or because GK Primaris would be too much work to squeeze inbetween the other already scheduled releases (more likely).

Primaris Grey Knights would also occupy a really weird design space --

2 wounds, 2 attacks, power weapon, stormbolter, deep strike (pretty much all GK units deepstrike), sounds a lot like a Terminator, but with a 3+ save.

You could argue they'd give them a "storm bolt rifle" instead of a stormbolter, but then your looking at a Terminator but just trading the 2+ for an ap-1 on the shooting.

Primaris Grey Knights would also occupy a really weird design space --

2 wounds, 2 attacks, power weapon, stormbolter, deep strike (pretty much all GK units deepstrike), sounds a lot like a Terminator, but with a 3+ save.

You could argue they'd give them a "storm bolt rifle" instead of a stormbolter, but then your looking at a Terminator but just trading the 2+ for an ap-1 on the shooting.

Actually force weapons. Multi-damage instead of just D1. ;)

Also what was it before Terminators finally got two wounds? Veterans were basically the same as you described there. Not to mention that all Grey Knights should have one more attack as is imo.

I was going to write that I don't think we would see Primaris Grey Knights and only see a scale up in model size eventually. But, come to think of it. Titan could get the 'Primaris blueprint' and start their own production. This would allow GW to still keep the whole emperor gene seed theory a mystery as it would just get implanted in the new primaris marines.

Grey knights could follow the same design philosophy of the mkX armour, just with the usual adornment and armour engraving we have currently.

Also, just because a range is selling well doesn't mean GW won't revamp the entire thing. Look at the Dark Eldar range. We were almost going to lose the entire army from 40k but Jes was convinced his new image would revitalise sales - and it did.

I would underline that primaris don’t have any terminator-like models. So our gk primaris with termy statline could be ok for GW. But for us this could mean that (again) we’ll have few models and units.

Redesign GK as primaris army isn’t easy. And since I don’t like primaris BG, I prefer that GW waits and study enough any GK primarisation before releasing any kind of model and rule.

Archived