5th Reborn - Old traditions with Primaris

Focslain

So with the arrival of the primaris marines and the worldwide Konor campaign I decided to rebuild my old Ultramarine 5th company.

I had based it off the list in the Insignium Astartes book for the command group, more on that later.

Now I have a decent core that is supported by a small marine force ala crusade patterning, so different chapters. I'm looking at getting the company to full strength and with the holiday season closing I'm nearing what I think is the completed force.

That brings me here. I'm looking to do the standard 60/20/20 setup and while 60 interessors is easy its the close and fire support that I have the issue with. Below is the rough of the company composition:

Command:
Captain - PF, PP
Chaplain
Luetinent x2
Ancient
Apothacary
Redemptor Dreadnought

Battleline:
10 man Interessor squad x6
(two squads of each bolter type)

Close Support:
10 man Reiver squad?
6 man Inceptor squad
4 man Assault Centurian squad

Fire Support
10 man Helblaster squad
6 man aggessor squad
4 man Devestator Centurian squad

3 Repulsors in Motorpool

I'd like to keep at least one squad of Centurians as I've wanted to use them for a while. In the close support I'm not sure if I want to use Reivers, but other than Inceptors there are no other primaris type close support. I'm up for suggestions on making this a nice full company that can also one day hit the field via Apoc battle.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so after some thought and getting a box of centurions I figured that if I'm going full primaris I need to stick to it. So I'm going to modify the Close and Fire Support groups.

Close Support:
10 man Reiver squad
2x 5 man Inceptor squads (one plasma, one bolter)

Fire Support
10 man Helblaster squad
2x 5 man aggessor squads (one bolter, one flamer)

I'm going for the reivers after listening to Blood of Iax, cause why not.

Also need to get another Chaplin since my current one is in the Molifactor scheme.

• 1 year later...

Ok, so it's been a while, but I started to work on my Ultramarines again. Mostly due to the announcement of the new battlezone.

With the adding of the new primarius units since my last post I've modded up the squads.

New Planned 5th company

Command
Captain w/ powerfist and plasma pistol
Librarian
Chaplain

2 Lieutenants

Apothacary
Ancient
1 Redemptor Dread

Battleline
5 10 man Intercessor Squads (2 bolt, 2 assault, 1 stalker)
10 man Inflatrator Squad

Close Support
2 Inceptor Squads (5 each, 1 bolt, 1 plasma)
3 outriders, 2 invaders, storm speeder*

Fire Support
10 man Hellblaster squad
2 Aggressor squads (3 each), Eradicator squad (4 man)

Motorpool
3 Implusors
3 Replusors (1 Excutioner)

*= Another option is to do 6 Outriders (2 squads), an ATV and replace sgt Tinnitus with a servitor.

Green = Battle Ready
Red = WIP
White = Still need to buy

Also I'm debating adding a Gladiator or two as I like the design.

I'll try and get a army picture soon as I have a most of this battle ready.

Til then here's a WIP of my librarian (Tigurius) and the recent eradicators I got battle ready. Should have the chaplain done by the end of the week.

20201201 215405

20201130 211355

• 3 weeks later...

So I finished a squad of Outriders for the company. I also completed the chaplain which I'll try and remember to get pictures of later as well the rest of the force.

20201217 203044

I'm doing another change of the battleline squads as I was reading up on the heavy intercessors and want a squad with the heavy bolt rifles/heavy bolter. 

• 3 months later...

So it's been a while, but I'm still plugging away at this project.

I recently got my hands on the marine half of the new kill team box and painted up the heavy intercessors in the UM colours I'm going to replace my stalker squad with these guys. 

20210410 133502[1]

Also here's the long promised picture of the chaplain. It was taken as a part of my FLGS little army event.

FB IMG 1613862574032[1]

I signed up for the new Imperium subscription, so the fast attack squad will be 6 outriders, an ATV and a speeder. With me getting Ventris I'm going to give him a small unit of bladeguard and add him to Calgar's little group.