Bridging the gap

Captain Idaho

+++Snip+++

The issue isn't with the models, or rather, it may be, but there isn't a fat lot anyone can do about it in any case.

The thing that desperately NEEDS to be resolved, is the constant negativity around here lately.

The purpose to the topic is bridging the gap, and pointing out what exactly would make things better. That is exactly what I've outlined. +++Snip+++

I guess the thing to decide is, do we want another wishlist thread, or do we want a thread to try work out a way to co exist?

In the spirit of the more wishlist side of things, I'd like it if they made an official statement that astartes were still being made, so that it gave the people that want to keep buying and playing them piece of mind. I don't think they should release more new astartes kits, but maybe a final overhaul of terminators and scouts would be nice.

From the OP I took this thread to be more about looking at how GW can bridge the gap between them and regular marine players/collectors who feel shut out by the Primaris focus and uncertainty over regular marines future rather than any gap between camps on here.

I'm not sure the latter is wise to discuss, however well-intentioned it may begin there's a lot of scope for descent into personal attacks and the same circular arguments we've seen elsewhere.

I like the Primaris models. I have an army of them. I don't like the fluff. I am one of the few that enjoy 'historical' 40K gaming. Expanding the oldmarine line is part of that. Relgating 'historical' 40k gaming to the Necormunda/Kill Team treatment, is to me, the best way for all of us to have our cake and eat it. Blindhamster can work his magic on his angels. I can build pre-rift Armageddon Templars and Heresy Fists while enjoying trying to weather up some post-rift Imperial Fists. There doesn't have to be one or the other, and we want games workshop to expand on the historical models, but not to the elimination of Primaris. That's the point of this thread, for me and probably Idaho. The same way people want Arbitrators and Cults in Necromunda.

perhaps they should focus on "just" creating rules to allow more of the heresy stuff in 40k? the various weapon types and unit types (perhaps with variations)?

if any new marine kits that arent primaris get done, they badly need to look at terminators and scouts though.

I'm going to close this and let other Mods review it. I can't be involved obviously but I think letting the topic continue would be irresponsible of me.

Positives I've taken from it - there are people who like the idea of bridging the gap and new models etc for what otherwise appears to be a doomed product line.

Archived