WraithKnight down in points

BolterZorro

I love big mini in the middle on the army.

My eldars (oups, bad habit from the 80' & 90'....) my craftworld will welcome soon a wraithknith. I know (from someone who has the book) that the wraithknight will be down 85 points naked, which also means tha we can count on another discount on the weapons, meaning the whole thing will go down at least 100/120 points...

Is it interesting? is it enough to make it playable yet efficient (I don't think competitive but tell me) ?

How can we boost it?

hrm.... a wraithKNIGHT at less than a wraithLORD.....

That said, yes I can see the wraithlord dropping about 20 points so comes in at about 100 points with guns

edit - ok, re-read... your saying that the wraithknight is dropping to 320ish  which again yes I can see, and it will be worth fielding 

Edited by Slasher956

I think the best variant will still be the sword variant to counter imperial knights. The wraithcannons aren't bad but you lose the 5+ invuln and the suncannon depends on whether it will drop in points or improve in stats. Mhmmmmmmm, the tears Alaitoc Wraithknights will harvest :D

• 2 weeks later...

OK Suncannon is down to just 60 points so I think that may become the default variant. Starcannons and scatter lasers both got a points drop so load up both shoulders to maximise the shooting. Does not compare fantastically to a similar IK such as the Warden but does have the advantage that our psykers and Auatarchs can give it cheap and easy buffs.

I don't think the WK is going to become top tier but it is at least viable now.

I'm still not convinced anything is better than the sword and shield load out though.

Its the cheapest and a flat 6 damage on the sword is awfully tasty

It is the best if you need a counter to enemy LOWs. However it can only do real damage in melee and against most units, your Titanic Feet are going to do more damage.

The Suncannon/Shield Knight is just as good in melee against anything T7 and below and has the advantage of being able to lay down some decent firepower too.

• 9 months later...

with the changing of the the wording of conceal and protect powers, have people run an alaitoc wraithknight with these two powers buffing its defence? does a -2 to hit and 2+/4++ make it a viable model to use?

from what I can see. There is no change to using these powers on your own units.

The errata just changes the wording towards enemy units.

So still only effects infantry and bikers.

Edited by Captain Coolpants