Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brother Casman and the Legio Metalica

Adeptus Titanicus Legio Metalica House Raven

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,802 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Hello everyone! So, I was quite excited to see the new Adeptus Titanicus sets come out, and I knew that I had to get into the game. In the 40k side of things, my primary army is, of course, Space Marines, but I also have a few AdMech pieces that I'm slowly working on - House Raven knights, and Metalica tech-adepts. My Titan Legio just had to be the Legio Metalica. I split a boxset with my brother (hopefully he'll get his butt in gear soon) and got to work.

I've got a Warlord Titan completed in my interpretation of the Legio's colour scheme:
gallery_38471_15045_36369.jpg
gallery_38471_15045_20055.jpg
gallery_38471_15045_273619.jpg
gallery_38471_15045_196621.jpg

Hope you like what I've done so far! Next, I'll probably be working on a set of Knights from House Raven.
  • Doghouse, Reyner, Captain Semper and 5 others like this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,728 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Looking good! Will follow this thread like a Moth Into Flame...

• Brother Casman likes this

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:4
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:4
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts
Stunning.

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,075 posts

Very nice work.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.png

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Legio Atarus / Legio Mortis
good job. nice to see new AT threads to appear... my own projects have stalled because lack of motivation.
gallery_48988_10980_7442.pngdyD1Zxk.jpg
"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / [/size][/font]The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts
  • Faction: All of them?

good job. nice to see new AT threads to appear... my own projects have stalled because lack of motivation.

And time...

Good work \m/

• Brother Casman and Parweke like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,928 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Beautiful work.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,261 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I really like the shade of red - works really well on the model, which looks great!

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330bcboxingdaycomplete.pngl_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,497 posts
  • Faction: Angels Encarmine
Nice to see another plog here, and opening with a painted Warlord to boot.

I hope you and your brother enjoy Titanicus together.

Thanks for posting and keep up the good work.

Dallo

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,291 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Wait what? Casman joined the AT? Now that is happy news indeed! :D

Lovely work there brother - I like that you restrained yourself from going overboard with the stripes, it is certainly a case of less Is more! And the red has a more orange-y quality than the more traditional deeper red.

I think the Warlord model can really benefit rom the decals - even the generic ones. Any plans on n adding those?

Very neat paint work man, congrats. What’s in the pipeline?

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,802 posts
Thanks Cap! :D

I'm waiting to see if they come out with Legio Metalica specific decals (I'm not holding my breath though). Decals are definitely in my long-term plans.

A set of Knights and a set of buildings from the GME box are up next. I've also got a Reaver to do, as well. But I'm also juggling my Great Repaintening, so I imagine this might be a little slower, progress-wise.
  • Captain Semper likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,291 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Ooh, a Reaver? Good luck with that, I think it’s the most challenging Titan to put together by general consensus! :tu:

I hope (maybe against hope) that the release of Titandeath will see the release of many Legio-specific decals. And if they do that, I’m sure Metallica would be very high in the priority list...

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,802 posts

Okay, coming back to this for a bit. I'm going to do up the Knight banner from the Grandmaster box in the colours of House Raven. I've also committed to the Titans of the Heresy event with them. Here's the starting pic:

gallery_38471_15045_1419412.jpg

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,802 posts
Finished my first set of Knights from House Raven:

gallery_38471_15045_276308.jpg
  • Chaeron, Cpt. Bannockburn, DuskRaider and 2 others like this

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,075 posts

Very nice knights!

gallery_48988_15151_9524.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Titanicus, Legio Metalica, House Raven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users