Smoke launchers and charging

MasterHQ

Using the following situation as a guide, I would like to know if I can assault after popping smoke.

Ironclad dreadnought in a drop pod lands 9 inches from target. Being equipped with 2 heavy flames it cant shoot the target, so it pops smoke to increase survivability.

Can I charge in the following charge sub-phase?

If I do charge, does the -1 to hit affect the enemies overwatch?

Thanks

Yes to both.

No, modifiers do not affect overwatch unless they specifically mention it. Eg, Imperial Guard Mordian Doctrine.

yeah you are right on the modifiers. Weird that charging from cover does not give any benefit on overwatch.

yeah you are right on the modifiers. Weird that charging from cover does not give any benefit on overwatch.

Cover does have an effect, because that modifies the save of the unit making the save rolls. Negative hit modifiers don't function, because overwatch says they don't (unless they specifically call out working in overwatch).

Using the following situation as a guide, I would like to know if I can assault after popping smoke.

Ironclad dreadnought in a drop pod lands 9 inches from target. Being equipped with 2 heavy flames it cant shoot the target, so it pops smoke to increase survivability.

Thanks

just an aside.. doesnt matter what ranged weapons you have you cant use them & smoke launchers in the same turn

Thanks

just an aside.. doesnt matter what ranged weapons you have you cant use them & smoke launchers in the same turn

Pretty sure he knows that hence why he popped smoke after realising he wouldn't be in range with his flamers anyway. ;)

Archived