Asmodai drop pod fun?

Hellunder

I’ve thought of him with a squad of power sword/ plasma pistol vets with a company ancient, apothecary & champion coming out of a Stormraven backed up by a Chaplain dreadnought.

Rerolling to hit, +1 attack, +1 strength and the chance to supercharge a bs2 plasma shot when they die. Apothecary to heal any wounds that get to Asmodai

Ezekiel or a Librarian for Righteous Repugnance to reroll to wound as well.

Bit pricey thou

DM

I did Asmodai with Deathwing Knights and a lieutenant in a storm raven... and brought along a chaplain dreadnought for fun.

Means the knights are Str 6 x 2 = 12 re-roll hits, re-roll 1's to wound.. and they have the plus one attack from Asmodai.

the trick is getting them in combat without your opponent blowing the storm raven to kingdom come first.

Cool ideas brothers!

I wish I had an Asmodai, and I didn't even know chaplain dreadnoughts existed... And my only humble contribution to this thread is:

If 1 stormraven with a payload of knights asmodai and buffers is good, then 2 is better! But I have no idea if that will fit in any normal list...

What could we bring so that the opponent is forced to make a difficult choice and NOT take down the stormraven and payload turn 1 or 2?

Can anyone expand on this idea to help bring multiple distractions so this asmodai deathball can work in a semi-competitive way? It sounds bloody fun regardless!

The asmodai deathball is reallllllly fun.  If I get first turn, it's wonderful - I fly the storm raven suicide squad style into the enemy lines and wait for my guys to hop out either in my turn, or for the storm raven to blow up and have 'em pile out.  Usually it takes enough shooting that there's not much left to shoot at the survivors.  It's an all or nothing play.

If you get second turn, I bring a dark shroud along so it's -2 to hit and try and hide it so it's out of LOS for some stuff.  Doesn't work all the time.

Like I said earlier, it's a gamble - you're betting 1/2 your army on this crazy deathball to work.  

I've lost more than I've won with it, but it's a fun game.

Stuffing Deathwing knights and HQ's in a stormraven is nowhere near semi-competitive. It can be fun, but it won't win games in droves.

I tried it with vets, several HQ's and some devastators (cause that was what I had painted) plus a dreadnought. I got first turn, flew in, but my opponent just took the plane apart, then killed most of my guys that disembarked from the wreck. Was tabled in his second turn. Stormravens are not hard to kill. At all. Just like land raiders.

Hopefully CA makes terminators more useable. The stormraven will not be cheaper, I am certain, but land raiders should. Enough so that the crusader is less points than a stomraven (even without hurricane bolters). It cannot transport a dreadnought though. Everyone wants terminators and power armour to be workable in the game. Even xenos players :)

Yeah if the rumors hold true and the Land Raiders and terminators both get cheaper I'll swing them out for a game.

I really wanted the deathstar to work, but you're right, it gets blown apart or gets pulled too far out of position too easily for it to be competitive. The problem is that in the meta people tend to bring something that can take down a Knight, and anything that can drop a Knight can easily drop a stormraven or a land raider.

Im looking to participate in a 750pt league, Im tinking of running Asmodai with 2 champion in a Razorback with some black Knight.

Each champion are 4 attack S7 (S8 on a charge, asmodai WL) -3AP D d3, the bikes help the melee with 3 attack a piece. every attack with full rerolls and shield the characters.

its not a great idea, but it will be lots of fun for sure.

Archived