Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chapter Approved and Vigilus Defiant Pre-Order Next Week!

• Please log in to reply
1134 replies to this topic

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

Some things in the codex are definitely better. They've lost the Ynnari style move twice/shoot twice abilities which is significant.

We shouldn't be too upset yet as additional units and point adjustments might have a significant impact on the performance.

What additional units?... as to the points cost look a few posts up where I've put what I can change in my 2k brigade list... ie the points changes are just in line with everyone elses

Now I lost 40% of my games ... and of the others over half were won on objectives /VP not annihilation so yes losing those AoFs is significant... but what have they been replaced with?  When you look at it yes somethings that needed toning down (the saint for example) have been but not replaced with anything significant .. you are left with just a lesser index list being passed off as a beta codex.... And that is what is causing a lot of the upset (from my understanding)...according to rumours we have gained ONE unit, and that is limited to 1 per formation, our unique army skill that is supposed to be equal to other factions is now spend a fineante resource for the attempt.... Nothing else in the game has that limiting factor.

Will I play it - yes,  am I looking forward to it - yes, will I play as mono 'dex - yes, do I expect to be able to hold my own against all comers lists - not sure yet until I've read all the strats & AoFs and the wording

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 825 posts

It sounds like even Sisters getting a Rhino equivalent that can hold 12 people would be a big plus? Get those auxiliary buffing characters up and moving with the other squads, similar to Guard and Chimeras? There might be gaps in the codex that are already planned to be filled by new models in production now so as long as the "flavour" is there I wouldn't be too worried. Easy and fun to use AoF's and buffs to the holy trinity of weapons, that kind of thing.

I hope GW surprise us, get the USEFULL feedback they need, act on at least some of it and deliver a nice fun codex. Sisters players seem just about the most reasonable about so you can't say they don't deserve it!

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,432 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Now I lost 40% of my games ... and of the others over half were won on objectives 

So you're saying everything is fine? The win rate for everyone should ideally be around 50% in a balanced meta and winning on objectives is great considering that's the biggest focus of matched play missions. :P

• Son of Carnelian likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 671 posts

My only gripe with CA is that it's only real function was to raise the relative prices of everything in Codex: Orks. So when they said "Enjoy the month of Orktober" they meant it litterally? :(

I wouldn’t worry too much, it’s likely they knew the direction they were going to go with points in CA when they were writing the Ork codex and factored it in. Orks still have a pretty good codex even after CA lowered the points for most other forces.

Imagine the disappointment of people who’ve had a codex that’s lived through 2 CAs and 2 big FAQs and still can’t compete with the ork codex :)
  • Indefragable likes this

HeresyBeliever

HeresyBeliever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 380 posts

could anyone tell me if the fire raptor points have changed please

The Dice Gods always win. And Khorne always wins because there is always blood when there is war.  

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,129 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

could anyone tell me if the fire raptor points have changed please

If you run it with twin Las cannons it's dropped 20 points 🙂

-~Ishagu~-

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts

Missed out the part of the rumour that said Aliatoc arent losing their -1 to hit..... but all the other sub factions are!!!

:P

What!!!
Raven Guard will rule anyway
Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Champion of Mortarion.

Victorus aut Mortis

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts

The fact that Encarmine Swords and Axes didn't drop in points is absurd. Why would you ever take anything other than fists on your sanguinary guard? Also, the Revenant Titan remains the most overpriced unit in the game. It should probably be at around 750, not 2000.

I have fought one and disagree (with a Shadowsword)
Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Champion of Mortarion.

Victorus aut Mortis

Black Orange

Black Orange

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,917 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Forge the Narrative had a recent podcast and Mike Brandt of NOVA explained the reasonings behind the Sisters beta codex plus other things as well.

No one can beat my Wu Tang Sword Style!
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 382 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

The fact that Encarmine Swords and Axes didn't drop in points is absurd. Why would you ever take anything other than fists on your sanguinary guard? Also, the Revenant Titan remains the most overpriced unit in the game. It should probably be at around 750, not 2000.

I have fought one and disagree (with a Shadowsword)
Do you disagree that it should be 750 points? Or that it's over costed at 2000? I'm curious as to what happened because statistically, the shadowsword should kill it in one volley if it went first. You literally could easily table one in one turn. I have no idea how that is supposed to be worth 2000 points. It has the same wounds and a worse save than 2 land raiders.

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 4,000 points

30 user(s) are reading this topic

10 members, 18 guests, 1 anonymous users

Brokejaw Gutripper, Typhoid_Tony, Commander Krag, Brother Captain Ed, Lord Nord, SteveAntilles, THUNDERFISTS, Lord Raven 19, dark_elf, Google (1), Jareddm