Imperial Fist Detachment from Vigilus Defiant

CaptainMarsh

Anyway, I think I've got my list pretty much hammered out. I've got 14 points left over (Thanks CA cost reductions!) that I don't know how to spend.

IF Battalion - 1218 Points - 5 CP 

HQ 1 - Primaris Captain with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol (WT: Storm of Fire) - 94

HQ 2 - Primaris Lieutenant with Power Sword - 74

Troop 1 - 10 Intercessors with 9 Bolt Rifles, 2 Auxiliary Grenade Launchers, and Sarge with Power Fist - 179

Troop 2 - 10 Intercessors with 9 Bolt Rifles, 2 Auxiliary Grenade Launchers, and Sarge with Power Fist - 179

Troop 3 - 10 Intercessors with 9 Bolt Rifles, 2 Auxiliary Grenade Launchers, and Sarge with Power Sword - 174

Elite 1 - 6 Aggressors with Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets and Fragstorm Launchers - 222

Elite 2 - 6 Aggressors with Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets and Fragstorm Launchers - 222

Elite 3 - Primaris Ancient - 69

IF Siegebreaker Cohort Vanguard - 768 - -1 CP

HQ 1 - Primaris Captain with Power Sword and MC Stalker Bolt Rifle (FC WT: Indomitable) - 87

Elite 1 - Redemptor Dreadnought with Fist, 2 Storm Bolters, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, and Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon - 155

Elite 2 - Redemptor Dreadnought with Fist, 2 Storm Bolters, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, and Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon - 155

Elite 3 - Redemptor Dreadnought with Fist, 2 Storm Bolters, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, and Macro-Plasma Incinerator - 156

Heavy Support 1 - 3 Centurion Devastators with 6 Heavy Bolters and 3 Hurricane Bolters - 210

• 1 month later...

So, no further clarification for the "Indomitable" Warlord Trait in the latest FAQ. Not enough people cared to ask, or RAW is RAI.

How do you handle it in your games? Let your WL move and still generate cover in the following turn of your opponent?

I think the wording "this turn" is quite clear and GW is distinct about the term "turn" versus "round." A battle round is composed of two turns. There are situations where moving your warlord in your own turn will remove the buff and you'll be susceptible to morale and sources of enemy fire during your own turn, like Overwatch. 

But in your opponent's shooting phase your warlord would not have moved in the movement phase of "this turn" and your units will get cover and fearless. 

Also, this is INCREDIBLE for Imperial Fists if true... https://imgur.com/a/D2taoC4

All ADEPTUS ASTARTES and HERETIC ASTARTES models gain this ability. Instead of the normal rules for Rapid Fire weapons, Rapid Fire bolt weapons used by models with this ability make double the number of attacks if any of the following apply: 

• The firing model's target is within half the weapon's maximum range
  • The firing model remained stationary during its previous Movement phase.
  • The firing model is a TERMINATOR, BIKER, ?????, CENTURION, or VEHICLE.

I think the wording "this turn" is quite clear and GW is distinct about the term "turn" versus "round." A battle round is composed of two turns. There are situations where moving your warlord in your own turn will remove the buff and you'll be susceptible to morale and sources of enemy fire during your own turn, like Overwatch. 

But in your opponent's shooting phase your warlord would not have moved in the movement phase of "this turn" and your units will get cover and fearless. 

Agreed. However be careful whether it says "movement phase" or "his movement phase" as for example Dal'yth units get a free cover save if they didn't move in their movement phase so even if they are stationary during your opponents turn (as most units usually are d'uh) they still won't get the free cover save if they moved in their preceeding turn.

There's no word between BIKER and CENTURION.

But yeah, looks very good for Imperial Fists! The Bolter Drill stratagem will see more use, for sure!

I've been messing around with combining Bolter Drill and the Indomitus Crusaders detachment's Rapid Fire strategem (if I just had +1 to hit somehow...). I'm very pleased by this change.

But yeah, looks very good for Imperial Fists! The Bolter Drill stratagem will see more use, for sure!

I've been messing around with combining Bolter Drill and the Indomitus Crusaders detachment's Rapid Fire strategem (if I just had +1 to hit somehow...). I'm very pleased by this change.

Rhino Primaris?

Rhino Primaris?

... Yeah, that'll do nicely. Be right back, I need to go figure out how I'll build a command Rhino.

Also, this is INCREDIBLE for Imperial Fists if true... https://imgur.com/a/D2taoC4

All ADEPTUS ASTARTES and HERETIC ASTARTES models gain this ability. Instead of the normal rules for Rapid Fire weapons, Rapid Fire bolt weapons used by models with this ability make double the number of attacks if any of the following apply: 

• The firing model's target is within half the weapon's maximum range
  • The firing model remained stationary during its previous Movement phase.
  • The firing model is a TERMINATOR, BIKER, ?????, CENTURION, or VEHICLE.

yes, warhammer community released an article today revealing it.  here's a cleaner photo:

40kBolters-Jan21-BolterDiscipline1yceg.j

Archived