So, IM considering doing an expiremental theme, with GSC

Triszin

I was thinking long and hard about this.

Which army in 40k could best "represent" the locust swarm from gears of war, And I think its actually the GSC and tyranids.

but all in all, it would just be a heavily inspired army

so I was thinking about doing 1-2 test models before deciding.

example

Having a allied tyranid swarm with the gsc.

Harpy  = reaver

drones = neophytes

abominants = the heavy drones

and so on

------------------------------------------

so if any of you are aware of gears of war, what do you think about this?

---------------------------------------------

Some rough background I was thinking about.

This specific GSC lays on a inhospitable world. all the imperiums residents live underground in massive shelters, this is also a mining world.

so some imperial citizens never see sunlight, and after working underground for thousands of years, there are some abhuman strains prevelant.

they are called "molemen", humans that have slowly adapted to working in darkness, and working as miners tunneling, sometimes developing thick, leathery skin. for the most part they are treated like most abhumans, with disdain, but they work hard and keep to themselves, so they are left well enough alone.

But in fact these "molemen" are anything but, they are a GSC cult that has been working for sometime, you see there was a tyranid fleet that emerged in this worlds system when the the great rift tore its way into reality, the fleet was heavily damaged, withered and dying. the small imperial system patrol killed most of the fleet with little worry, yet still some of the withered dying tyranids crashed onto the world, some died, others went dormant as they were dying.

So this GSC has recognized their stargods, but know they are hurt, so they do something that hasn't been seen to often before.

These molemen send their drones up to the hostile surface to "salvage" what they can of the stargods.

One on such expidtion they found a heavily damaged harpy, and brought him back to their dwelling, this harpys wings were gone, instead, the once strong batlike appendages were wobbly and frail and behaved more like tentacles, its bioweapons ripped off in the mighty crash in which it arrived on this world. So the surgeons got to work, grafting mechanical parts onto the great tyranid creatures, making them able to function again. Strapping a cannon to its back, and a mount for a drone to ride the harpy to control it. And in some way the harpy must've been aware of the GSC's actions, as it developed "lift sacs" so it could fly in conjunction with the Thrusters they welded to its new mechanical shell.

A carnifex was missing its limb, so they attached a mechanical one. THey created specialized helmets for these creatures to better map ambush routes for the GSC as a whole.

“BOOM”

Yeah, you could also get away with like a Lizardmen bastilidon in there. You’ll also need that flail on the aberrants.

for the brumark, its gonna be a "expensive" kitbash, unless I can get the parts I need.

Carnosaur legs and arms

Maw krusha Head and body

then tank bits

Bought the initial stuff I need to make the Harpy = Reaver

Archived