Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vigilus Stalker Packs

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Shas Oh Dear

Shas Oh Dear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts
While it is very similar to saga of the Wolf kin the fact you can have it in addition to another saga makes it tasty imo. Any ideas if it specifies/excludes units like similar things from our dex do?

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 384 posts

The relic is an axe with +1 strength, -2 ap, D3 damage and any unmodified wound rolls of 6 deal D3 mortal wounds instead of normal damage

All in all a mediocre detachment , thnx i ll pass tongue.png

PS : Both stratagems need a condition to activate making them bad. The second one would be cool if the detachment units had it straight away and not after another unit had successfuly charged, they are bloodclaws and reivers for goodness sake not wulfen.

Edited by lonewolf81, 08 December 2018 - 04:41 PM.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,321 posts

While it is very similar to saga of the Wolf kin the fact you can have it in addition to another saga makes it tasty imo. Any ideas if it specifies/excludes units like similar things from our dex do?

I’ve only seen the quoted text but seems like it’s battle leaders only. Pretty cool though with field commander though IMO.

Black_Star

Black_Star

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts

My main complaint with this detachment is that it should've included intercessors, and scouts (bikers and foot). Its not very competitive but with the exception of the crimson fist one, I don't think any of them have been that good. They've done a much better job with these than how they handled formations.

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 716 posts
  • Faction: The Hand at the Gate
Bloodclaws already have +1 to hit from hunters unleashed, +1 attack from their chainswords, and +1 attack on the charge from berserk charge, with these rules they have the potential to have +1 attack from the saga and +1 to wound on the charge from the stratagem. Add in the rerolls from leadership and you have a scary unit.

Just with chainswords and WL+WGBL support , 15 bloodclaws charging a wounded knight would put about 10 wounds on it (unless my math is wrong).

"By the River fettered Fenrir will lie till draws nigh the doom of the Gods." - Frey, Lokasenna: 41

thymidine

thymidine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I'm just happy this formation isn't primaris-only. It shows GW is at least giving some support to the old marines.

FabulousRex

FabulousRex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,393 posts
Is that Blood Claws fr3just the Troops section, or keyword BLOOD CLAWS?

If so, my 2 bike squads can do better than outflanking. Maybe DS Reivers near bikes for the 3d6 charge. Or Sky Claws...
  • Nadir likes this
I live to drink the blood of the innocents from goblets made of human skulls. I love to hear the tattered lamentations of those I've crushed, to see a shattered bleeding hulk of a once powerful man crawl limply to me on all fours to lick my hobnailed boot and beg for a quick and merciful dispatchment. I thrill with the power granted by me via foul incantations so unholy that their mere utterance blackens the lungs. Tears of joy greet my bloodstained cheeks when I inhale the pungent aroma of flayed flesh smouldering upon the wooden shards of blasted farmhouses, while my ears are filled with the piteous cries of terrified peasants scattering before my arcing blade. In all honestly, my goal within any situation is to become a solid mass of scar tissue and to stand atop a pile of indiscriminate human remains taunting the Gods themselves with my hideous unearthly strength.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts

Is that Blood Claws fr3just the Troops section, or keyword BLOOD CLAWS?

If so, my 2 bike squads can do better than outflanking. Maybe DS Reivers near bikes for the 3d6 charge. Or Sky Claws...

It's specifically BLOOD CLAWS.

Dyre

Dyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

The relic is an axe with +1 strength, -2 ap, D3 damage and any unmodified wound rolls of 6 deal D3 mortal wounds instead of normal damage

All in all a mediocre detachment , thnx i ll pass tongue.png

PS : Both stratagems need a condition to activate making them bad. The second one would be cool if the detachment units had it straight away and not after another unit had successfuly charged, they are bloodclaws and reivers for goodness sake not wulfen.

I wish the Black Death relic had this profile from the start, would be nice on a WGBL.

Black_Star

Black_Star

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts
Yeah I tried paying the 2 cp for it (detachment + field commander) and it was underwhelming mainly cause he didn't have an inv. save. Detachment itself is frustrating tough to plan around and it should've applied to more units.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users