Vigilus Stalker Packs

PeteySödes

The relic is an axe with +1 strength, -2 ap, D3 damage and any unmodified wound rolls of 6 deal D3 mortal wounds instead of normal damage

All in all a mediocre detachment , thnx i ll pass :tongue.:

PS : Both stratagems need a condition to activate making them bad. The second one would be cool if the detachment units had it straight away and not after another unit had successfuly charged, they are bloodclaws and reivers for goodness sake not wulfen.

While it is very similar to saga of the Wolf kin the fact you can have it in addition to another saga makes it tasty imo. Any ideas if it specifies/excludes units like similar things from our dex do?

I’ve only seen the quoted text but seems like it’s battle leaders only. Pretty cool though with field commander though IMO.

Bloodclaws already have +1 to hit from hunters unleashed, +1 attack from their chainswords, and +1 attack on the charge from berserk charge, with these rules they have the potential to have +1 attack from the saga and +1 to wound on the charge from the stratagem. Add in the rerolls from leadership and you have a scary unit.

Just with chainswords and WL+WGBL support , 15 bloodclaws charging a wounded knight would put about 10 wounds on it (unless my math is wrong).

The relic is an axe with +1 strength, -2 ap, D3 damage and any unmodified wound rolls of 6 deal D3 mortal wounds instead of normal damage

All in all a mediocre detachment , thnx i ll pass :tongue.:

PS : Both stratagems need a condition to activate making them bad. The second one would be cool if the detachment units had it straight away and not after another unit had successfuly charged, they are bloodclaws and reivers for goodness sake not wulfen.

I wish the Black Death relic had this profile from the start, would be nice on a WGBL.

im gonna try it as I think I like it.

max bloodclaws pack.

reivers Carbines. ( why? im thinking bring them in and pepper target. get them wounded, then trigger the extra strat and charge the bloodclaws 3d6 into them?)

I assume the battle leader can be thunder wolf or jump jet equiped?

No good for me as i dont run bloodclaws or primaris...

but still, very glad to see the trend continuing of these things being mainly narrative/fluffy based and in no way overpowered like the formation creep in 7th was.

No good for me as i dont run bloodclaws or primaris...

but still, very glad to see the trend continuing of these things being mainly narrative/fluffy based and in no way overpowered like the formation creep in 7th was.

I agree, 7th formations where so broken. These give bonussus that are fun to exeriment different builds with, but not OP.

I'm gone give this formation a go. WL on bike with wolven stone and wolfkin saga on bike, wgbl with this new saga, also on bike. 3 flyers full with BC's with PC's, big units so I can max out on the +1 to wound stratagem. I think it could work.

And yes, loyal 32 to cap objectives and get some much needed CP

• 3 weeks later...

So if I wanted just this page from vigilus defiant? could anyone DM me it?

im going to test this, building a small force wit this in mind.

15 bloodclaws+wgpa

-2x melt's

-blood claw packleader, power axe

-wg pack leader, storm sheld wolf claw

10 reiver, carbines

-----------

question is, what whould my battle leader be? a thunderwolf, or primaris?

So if I wanted just this page from vigilus defiant? could anyone DM me it?

im going to test this, building a small force wit this in mind.

15 bloodclaws+wgpa

-2x melt's

-blood claw packleader, power axe

-wg pack leader, storm sheld wolf claw

10 reiver, carbines

-----------

question is, what whould my battle leader be? a thunderwolf, or primaris?

Hi Triszin, I would suggest Thunderwolf to maximise damage, but Jump Pack has far better maneuverability, and therefore easier to target big stuff like Vehicles in order to activate the Deed of Legend by inflicing 5+ wounds with a Thunderhammer and SS. Or instead of SS, put a stormboler/combi weapon and use Armour of Russ instead t get invuln save.

Just my two cents, hope this helps.

Archived