The Hammer on Vigilus

sairence

Tank formation teasers were posted on the Community page

Not completely, they missed the particulars on the stratagems:

1cp, can fire turret twice no matter how far you moved

1cp, pick a unit. All keyword russes that charge give d3 mortal wounds on a 4+

Pick an enemy unit, or a unit as in a single Russ?

An enemy unit.

With the boost to overwatch from you warlord, and that stratagem, it does seem like it wants you to take a few leman russes and attack the enemy with them. I don't know how effective that'll be though. To be honest, I'll take the formation just to use the relic. It lets my mars alpha vanquisher be cool again, instead of being a tax.

I am liking the idea of plasma sponsons now. They are only 2pt more than bolters, and the techpriest is 12pts lower with free servo arm.

Got a little idea. Blade veterans in a chimera, ambushing with a platoon commander. They can get out for 1cp and be within 6" for shotguns or melta. Sure, it's 5cp to pull off but could be fun.

Edit: Ah, forgot the commander can't disembark, so needs field command. 6cp, pretty steep for 3 meltaguns.

Where are the details about infantry "formation"?

It is CC focused. Infantry Squads, Conscripts, Crusaders, Priests, Company and Platoon Commanders,

Warlord trait 
Reroll 1 to hit in melee within 6"

Relic
Roll 2 dice and pick lowest for LD test, if bearer dies one unit within 6" get +1A and auto pass morale.

Strategems
Models slain from target unit can pile in and fight before being removed. 
Priest that make a charge move grant +1 charge roll within 12".

Where are the details about infantry "formation"?

It is CC focused. Infantry Squads, Conscripts, Crusaders, Priests, Company and Platoon Commanders,

Warlord trait 

Reroll 1 to hit in melee within 6"

Relic

Roll 2 dice and pick lowest for LD test, if bearer dies one unit within 6" get +1A and auto pass morale.

Strategems

Models slain from target unit can pile in and fight before being removed. 

Priest that make a charge move grant +1 charge roll within 12".

My Khornate guard (played as Catachans) finally have a home. Wooohoooo.

Someone said it's a full bs overwatch from a valkyrie if the target unit is within 3 or 6" of it.

What is the second stratagem for the scions drop detachment? In the screenshot of the precision drop one, there is definitely the outline of a second stratagems border.

What is the second stratagem for the scions drop detachment? In the screenshot of the precision drop one, there is definitely the outline of a second stratagems border.

Aerial Support, 1 CP- Tempestus Drop Force Infantry is charged and a Tempestus Drop Force Valkyrire is within 6', the Valkyrie may fire overwatch needing 4+. 

It is very similar to a strategem for the Emperor's Blade, except exchange the Valkyrie for a Taurox or Chimera.

Speaking of Ministorum Priests and Crusaders, are we going to keep using the datasheets in the AM codex, or are being replaced by new rules from the SoB Beta codex?

The infantry formation sounds pretty awesome with a Catachan brigade w/ Straken, Priest, Crusaders and a ton of infantry squads.

Speaking of Ministorum Priests and Crusaders, are we going to keep using the datasheets in the AM codex, or are being replaced by new rules from the SoB Beta codex?

The infantry formation sounds pretty awesome with a Catachan brigade w/ Straken, Priest, Crusaders and a ton of infantry squads.

I guess that depends on the keywords.  I don't have any screenshots of the beta codex so I don't know.

Is there any news on the sentinel one?

There isn't one. Sentinels all got hefty points drops though, which is nice.

The points drop is nice. But there is an infantry one listed, a tank one, an artillery one, the tempestus one and then the assault blade one?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/03/3rd-dec-war-zone-vigilus-a-new-theatre-of-wargw-homepage-post-2/

I swear somewhere I'd seen it was for sentinels.

I think one of the old 7th ed formations had sentinels in it, the tank one maybe? That is probably where the rumour comes from. The new ones are:

Blade: Commanders (Comp/Plat), command squads, veterans, SWSs, Infantry, Chimeras, Taurox

Wrath: Company Commanders, Master of Ordnance, Basilisks, Hydras, Wyverns

Conclave: Commanders (Comp/Plat), command squads, Infantry, Conscripts, Priests, Crusaders

Fist: Russes, Tank Commanders

Drop: Tempestor Prime, command squads, Scions, Valks

What sort of things are you doing with your sentinels? There is probably something new to try with them, due to the points decrease.

We have those data sheets in our codex. I wouldn't expect to need to use the data sheets from a beta codex.

I think one of the old 7th ed formations had sentinels in it, the tank one maybe? That is probably where the rumour comes from. The new ones are:

Blade: Commanders (Comp/Plat), command squads, veterans, SWSs, Infantry, Chimeras, Taurox

Wrath: Company Commanders, Master of Ordnance, Basilisks, Hydras, Wyverns

Conclave: Commanders (Comp/Plat), command squads, Infantry, Conscripts, Priests, Crusaders

Fist: Russes, Tank Commanders

Drop: Tempestor Prime, command squads, Scions, Valks

What sort of things are you doing with your sentinels? There is probably something new to try with them, due to the points decrease.

Thank u for that, clears it up. Didn't realise there were two infantry ones. There was a sentinel one in 7th, but it may have been apocalypse, and one where they were attached to infantry platoons or something.

Anyway, what I'm probably going to with are plasma canon ones, 2 full squads, with harker and 2 squads of vets with plasma and millisle launcher. I have lots of catachans to use, and I run Elysians, so I figure the above is a nice firebase that rerolls 1s.

Dear  God Santa Emperor I want 2 Valkyries for Sanguinala.

I really like the Scions Detach, already digging trough my pile of shame to sort them out.

Need to convert plasma weapons tho. That monopose one is bloody annoying.

The set of 5 metal plasma guns that GW sells is great for this. You can use them with the scion kit with minimal trouble.

Archived