Starting out with Nids

ImperialSquishiness

I absolutely love your scheme! I'm thinking of starting nids and was thinking about doing a pale blue like yours. Mind sharing your recipe again? I'm sure it's already here somewhere if I read through more thoroughly...

Thanks man

All undercoated with vallejo grey primer.

Skin colour is guilliman glaze over the primer (contrast before contrast was a thing, now out of production I hit up all my local hobby stores and bought about 6 pots of it!), drybrush in ulthuan grey.

Chitin/bone armour is ulthuan grey over the undercoat, agrax wash, ulthuan grey drybrush, army painter brain matter beige as an edge highlight.

Talons/claws are vallejo black, then the fade is airbrushed in using sotek green, temple guard blue, baharroth blue and white scar. I then edge highlight each section with the next step in the progression, ie, Black highlighted with sotek green, sotek green highlighted with temple guard blue and so on.

Really easy to do. Quick, simple and effective.

Wait guiliman blue glaze is discontinued?? I only have 1 pot! I love this technique so much I may have to make a trip to my local shops in hopes they have some left Lol.

Really appreciate the info! Will definitely be watching this thread moving forward!

It was discontinued when they bought out contrast I belive. I managed to swipe about half a dozen pots, just so I don't run out!

Also, with the larger monsters, I like to put crackle paint on the large plain portions of carapace before I prime it, just to give a bit of extra texture

Edited by ImperialSquishiness

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

A model you don't see often, you've done a good job on it :tu: The base looks good what is your snow recipe?

Thanks! Snow is bicarb of soda, mod podge/PVA glue, drop of water and a drop of baharroth blue. The ice effect is the base paj Ted in baharroth blue, white crackle paste applied over the top, washed in Guilliman glaze, then a white drybrush