Through Perilous Stars - An Invaders Chapter plog

Won both games today so ended up coming 12th of 47 and Best in Faction for Adeptus Astartes.

First (4th of the tournament) game my nurgle daemons, death guard daemon engines and thousand sons supreme command (ahriman, 1 prince 1 terminator sorcerer) opponent hid back from my gunline and I got ahead on board control. My Captain Higgins managed to kill the enemy warlord daemon prince.

Second game I won by 1 point against slightly less plague bearers than the previous list, blob of pink horrors, three nurgling squads, twin battle cannon knight, 2 nurgle princes and a khorne axe prince. Sniped the khorne prince turn 1 but he rolled 1s on his plague bearer morale over 6 times over the game so I didn't kill a single blob. Higgins killed another daemon prince and would have killed two if 5 plague bearers hadn't come back from those morale rolls and slowing him getting into combat with the princes. He made way above average on 5 up saves while I successfully cast one or two powers all game which made a massive difference between this game and the previous one.

Annoying chess clock rules gave him two free turns but that wasn't enough for a 5 wound knight to take a point off me so I stayed ahead thanks to having killed his engineers (itc secondary) on turn 2.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

• 2 weeks later...
Your Reivers are well-painted. The yellowed bone-colored masks (as opposed to the bleached bone I usually see) merges with their skin color, making the Reivers' faces look like those of the undead- sure to let them exploit the Terror Troops special rule very well.

• 4 months later...

I have a ticket for the Warhammer World Throne of Skulls Maelstrom event at the start of march, so need to make a viable 1750 point army and Imperial Fist rules seem exploitable in Maelstrom.

gallery_85153_15039_70887.jpg

An Infiltrator sergeant to replace the non-WYSIWYG medical guy I have been using and 3 suppressors because they're fast and actually benefit from the IF doctrine.

gallery_85153_15039_10260.jpg

Had enough spare points to swap a 5 man troops squad into incursors to give me a little more scouting.

• 3 weeks later...

These are close to done now.

gallery_85153_15039_29578.jpg

gallery_85153_15039_9496.jpg

Managed to get some skull badges on most of the the rest of the army's shoulder pads in a day so that's no longer a problem.

Still have to get my chaplain conversion finished and undercoated.

• 2 weeks later...

Went 4/5 wins at Throne of Skulls, didn't get the soft votes to place very high. Lost to Eldar Nightspinner spam thanks to bad d3 vp rolls and disadvantageous objective placement, which means I actually got pretty close to beating a very bad match up for me thanks to knowing the new Maelstrom better.

gallery_85153_15039_105593.jpg

gallery_85153_15039_49727.jpg

Just two dreads and 10 more phobos infantry to paint. Not sure if I'll bring the invaders to another tournament or not.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...