Varg Bloodeagle's Space Wolves. (Slave goes Loyalist).

Slave to Darkness

med_gallery_75911_15050_168652.jpg

First of all I do apologise for the crappy pictures, I took these in a hurry a few nights ago and have not had the time (or the light) to take better ones... I was basing these on characters from Vikings, but every other Wolf player and his pups seem to be doing this so I thought I'd not bother. Also nothing here is 100% complete, this is a slow burn army as a change from Chaos.

First up we have my Wolf Lord, Varg Bloodeagle...

med_gallery_75911_15050_278689.jpg

Left to Right - Lone Wolf 'Tostig'. Wolf Guard Battle Leader 'Bjorn Ironflank (cant think of a better name atm lol) and un named chap, might just stick with 'One Eye'.

med_gallery_75911_15050_1375783.jpg

Banner Bearer (flag needs finishing), Wolf Priest and Rune Priest.

med_gallery_75911_15050_798079.jpg

Wolf Guard.

med_gallery_75911_15050_1114337.jpg

More Wolf Guard.

med_gallery_75911_15050_1281308.jpg

Wolf Guard in TDA.

med_gallery_75911_15050_37101.jpg

The start of my Jump Troops (are Wolf Guard with jump packs still a thing in 8th? if not these will be Skyclaws) and my first Bloodclaw.

med_gallery_75911_15050_1373055.jpg

Group shot.

med_gallery_75911_15050_1278294.jpg

I have another 15 guys minus arms or heads that need finishing, but no point in showing them as they are just bare plastic.

gallery_75911_15050_30797.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Cheers guys, tbh I have been thinking about starting a blog here for nearly a year, but the Wolf forums have such a high standard of painting etc I doubted myself, but then again I doubt myself about every aspect of my life so thought I'd get my finger out and officially join my brothers in the Aett. 

As for Wolf Guard with jump packs being good or not, tabletop prowess means nothing to me, so Ill continue painting them up as WG. 

Just found a spare plastic SM dread, gonna try sculpting some knotwork or something to wolfy it up a bit, push my greenstuff skills a bit, all I do is guts, boobs (Slaaneshi player) and flames. I think some nordic style stuff would be a nice change. 

Cheers guys, tbh I have been thinking about starting a blog here for nearly a year, but the Wolf forums have such a high standard of painting etc I doubted myself, but then again I doubt myself about every aspect of my life so thought I'd get my finger out and officially join my brothers in the Aett. 

As for Wolf Guard with jump packs being good or not, tabletop prowess means nothing to me, so Ill continue painting them up as WG. 

Just found a spare plastic SM dread, gonna try sculpting some knotwork or something to wolfy it up a bit, push my greenstuff skills a bit, all I do is guts, boobs (Slaaneshi player) and flames. I think some nordic style stuff would be a nice change. 

Yea man we have a lot of awesome hobbyists here, but also ones who gives almost 0 :censored: for standard practice in appropriate wolfy fashion. So for sure never doubt yourself in posting stuff whether it be out there ideas or literally anything. Pack brothers here are great and speaking for at the very least myself, here to help or bounce ideas!

Stuff is looking really cool and characterful so far, pumped to see what you do next!

Yea man we have a lot of awesome hobbyists here, but also ones who gives almost 0 :censored: for standard practice in appropriate wolfy fashion. So for sure never doubt yourself in posting stuff whether it be out there ideas or literally anything. Pack brothers here are great and speaking for at the very least myself, here to help or bounce ideas!

Stuff is looking really cool and characterful so far, pumped to see what you do next!

Coming from THE person who has the best Wolf minis I have ever seen means a lot. Cheers brother. :tu:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just seen the new Slaves to Darkness Warriors, might pick some up to convert into Wulfen/Berserkers considering I have neglected the Wolves recently. 

Same here, I can't wait to get my hands on those dudes, I've converted so many of the old Chaos Warriors.  I tempted by the new warlord on lizard thing to make me a MASSIVE Wolf Lord.

• 2 months later...

Well I decided to enter Loyalty & Treachery this year with some more Space Wolves.

Here is the vow I have erm... Vowed.

I Slave to Darkness, do vow for Russ and the Allfather,

1 Wolf Lord.

1 Unit of Deathsworn

1 Unit of Grey Slayers

1 Dreadnought

1 Rhino

by April 15th 2020

med_gallery_75911_12239_611912.jpg

These will be the basis of the guys Im vowing, lots of rebuilding to be done as well...

The Deathsworn will also double up as a unit of Wolf Guard so I can run them in both systems, Grey Slayers will double duty as Grey Hunters as well.

As I will be converting them from plastic minis the Deathsworn wont have the silly wolf heads, but some form of black and white makeup like these happy chappys. Im thinking more along the lines of some Berserker/Deathcult unit instead of early Wulfen, as I seriously hate the Wolfy McWolf thing they have going on in the current timeline. Anyhow I gotta go and do real life stuff so I shall (hopefully) have the Wold Lord converted tonight and then I can make a start.

yol3.jpg?w=616&h=347

MV5BNTljMTYwYmEtMmIyOS00MDI5LThlZTUtZWIw

Edited by Slave to Darkness

WG with jump packs are indeed a thing. I dunno how "good" they are crunch wise, but I have a pack ready to go that I havent had a chance to run yet.

They can be pretty good. A MSU with dual chainswords and jump packs runs about 95pts for 26 attacks on charge (plus that good ol' 12" movement).

You could sprinkle some storm-shields or a dash of powerfist if you're feeling spicy.

And Brother!!! Welcome to the Fang! :wink:

Edited by Watcher

• 2 years later...

So I got myself a lil treat as I have not bothered with the Wolves in a while. med_gallery_75911_12239_346915.jpg

Scale shot with the current Dread and a Daemon Prince.

med_gallery_75911_12239_764776.jpg

Its now primed ready for the first coat of Grey.

It’s been a bit, Slave to Darkness, but glad to see ya back in the Fang!

Really liking the dread, it’s got such an angry “face” and it’s so fantastically stompy!  Hope to see it in some Wolf-y coloration soon.  :D

Those fingers would be awesome to have some claw style tips as well.

Its good to be back, I missed the smell of wet fur and urine. :lol

I was actually thinking of claw tips the other day, I may get another dread (the seller does a print thats scaled to the Primaris dread) and sculpt some claws, furs and other wolfy looking things, the increased height etc I can hand wavium away as its Bjorn the Fell Handed (or his cousin, Bjen the right handed :Lol: ).

Im also gonna be splitting the cost of a 3D printer with the missus next month if money permits, so that mans rescaled Rogue Trader era Rhinos and Land Raiders for my Wolves, oh and I really should look into actual Wolfs as well,  my marines need some doggos for petts. 

• 2 months later...

So Ill finally be getting in a game with the Wolves later, kind of. I need to relearn the 1st ed rules so Ill be having a little 500 point game against myself just to refresh the old grey matter, not looked at the actual rules in 30 years lol. Im keeping it simple and just using the core rules, no compendium, vehicle manual etc, just good old Str 3 4+ save marines like the gods intended.  :biggrin.:

Rough list, may tweak a few bits of wargear but the units will be the same. 

Marines. 

Major Hero 

Bolt Gun, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Frag Grenades, Displacer Field, Power Armour

Champion 

Bolt Gun, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Frag Grenades, Chainsword, Power Armour.

10 Marines

Bolt Guns, Bolt Pistols, Power Fist, Flamer, Missile Launcher (frag and crack), Frag Grenades, Suspensors, Power Armour.

5 Marines 

Bolt Guns, Bolt Pistols, Frag Grenades, Power Armour.

vs

Imperial Army (Guard)

Major Hero

Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Flak Armour, Mesh Armour, Frag Grenades.

Champion

Needler, Flak Armour, Mesh Armour. 

10 Guardsmen

Las Guns, Las Pistol, Flamer, Flak Armour. 

10 Guardsmen

10 Guardsmen

10 Guardsmen

Las Guns, Las Pistol, Grenade Launcher (frag and crack), Flak Armour. 

10 Guardsmen

Las Guns, Las Pistol, Grenade Launcher (frag and crack), Flak Armour. 

52 Guardsmen vs 17 Marines should be interesting. :biggrin.: I may even take some pictures even though Ill be playing on the side in the kitchen on unpainted scenery.