Ultramarines: Praetor & Other things

Astartes Consul

After a recent patch of creative energy and finding/fixing my camera and flash, for the first time I actually have some finished miniatures I feel relatively happy sharing on here for C&C.

First up, a Forge World Praetor - Captain Iskander Locke - to lead my Ultramarines. The theme is Scouring / 'early-40k' hence the use of a HH model. Not world beating painting, but I was aiming for a fairly grimdark, semi-Blanchitsu style which I hope I've achieved!

Ultramarines Praetor/Captain - Complete (1/3)

Ultramarines Praetor/Captain - Complete (2/3)

Ultramarines Praetor/Captain - Complete (3/3)

Secondly, an old Dreadnought that has been sat in a box painted for years. Rather than stripping it, I instead worked on adding washed and neatening up the metallics, as well as adding weathering. The original paint job was clean but quite thick, which is why it looks a little bashed around. Have also JUST noticed the overspill of blue onto the back exhaust...:censored:

Old Ultramarines Dreadnought - Complete (1/3)

Old Ultramarines Dreadnought - Complete (3/3)

Old Ultramarines Dreadnought - Complete (2/3)

Let me know what you think!

Lovely work. That Praetor looks great in Ultramarines blue. They would make a killing off me if that model wasn't limited, really gutted I only managed to get one!

Thanks man! And yeah, absolute killer that it was/is limited. I got this one second hand from eBay and the only reason I didn't have to pay through the nose was because it was already assembled and basecoated (in green, weirdly). 

Your dreadnought too brings back a lot of nostalgia for me. Black Reach came out on my 16th Birthday, and I remember splitting the box with my best mate. My Black Reach dreadnought went on some crazy adventures over the years.

Mine is sadly a fair few years older than even that!! :wacko.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

ha - I've got one of those with the original twin plas/1 lascannon and finally tracked down a replacement gunner torso for it. Just got to work on the hatches now.

Lovely paintjob there - makes me want to strip/repaint mine from its original bright/clean reds to a bit dirtier.

Edited by Leonaides

ha - I've got one of those with the original twin plas/1 lascannon and finally tracked down a replacement gunner torso for it. Just got to work on the hatches now.

Lovely paintjob there - makes me want to strip/repaint mine from its original bright/clean reds to a bit dirtier.

Thanks, I appreciate that! Just picked myself another Rhino from eBay and got my eyes peeled for one of the old, metal and plastic Whirlwinds or Predators to complete the set. Would recommend stripping it down and repainting, it is very rewarding. 

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread back after almost two years as I have a much better set up for photos and a lot more time to paint.

Legion Tactical Squad in Mk IV Armour

82AEC85B D757 4331 8362 97BBEA470A88 1 201 A

64122455 571A 454E A6D0 F8F4B27AFE58

472FC2CC F348 42CB 8183 80195EB81238 1 201 A

B14AC1FD 4AD0 4004 A89E DC70DC1AF56D 1 201 A

D30D068F 0603 4EF2 B883 9596F5EA7708

F4E06773 1CC7 403B 909E 4C8F351FF5C8

A5C2CFB9 AE0B 4507 ABDC E65132CD5709

F8C1C04C BA2C 4CE4 882B 986C349990C8

Legion Veteran Squad in Mk II Armour, Legion Vigilator & Deimos Pattern Whirlwind Scorpius

E7C6399C BC56 409C B864 2673211FB0CB 1 201 A

CE54EA79 ADB6 4980 96F2 C0CEF4E23416