Blood Angels Strategem House Rules

So in an effort to get back into 40k, a friend of mine(main opponent really) has agreed to some house ruling to make games against his EC, Tau and Dark Eldar more competitive.

As the BA chapter trait is pretty spot on for what they are, we both agreed that what the army needs is some mobility help to get them there, so we will be testing out the following:

Forlorn Fury: same but includes squads in rhinos and razorbacks
Upon Wings of Fire: changed to 1 CP
Lucifer-Pattern Engines: added 3 CP option to select 2 vehicles

Game is on Friday and I will try and get back to you guys to let you know how it and other test games go!

-CB

So had the 2000 point game last night and ended uo conceading by turn 2. Not a great result to be honest but did learn quite a few things.

Going to look for other tweaks that would help, suggestions are more than welcome!

-DR

Presumably you used some/all of the rules you posted. How did those work? Were they effective? If they weren't effective, where do you think they were lacking?

Presumably you used some/all of the rules you posted. How did those work? Were they effective? If they weren't effective, where do you think they were lacking?

Thanks for asking Brother Tyler!

Being able to overcharge two engines did put pressure and forced him to focus on the baals turn 1. They didnt kill anything but they did keep his attention so that wasnt improvement but more of a break even.

Forlorn Fury still isnt what it should be but i also moved the dc rhino right into his main forward force's waiting arms. So that wasnt smart.

Im thinking of making my DC less of presence in my army so FF will see some use with the rhino but its going back to being a highly situational strategem.

Archived