Taurox modifications

mertbl

Building my first taurox and I'd like to put the autocannons on the turret along with the gatling cannons. Shooting disembarking passengers just seems like a bad idea.

Anyways I'm struggling to come up with something that is A-within my skill level and B-doesnt look terrible. I think I could put them on mount for the storm bolter and have the gunner shooting them out the top.

Looking for ideas, experiences, etc.

Volley Guns synergise better with Gatling Cannon and Storm Bolter because of the same range. And what is more important in this case, Volley guns are easier to put on the other side of the turret in twin-linked style and you can keep Storm bolter.

Agreed with Shamansky, HSVG work better w/ Gatling cannon
I know this having done the opposite on my first Taroux :(

You should be able to just glue the ACs / HSVG's to the sides of the turret?
It might look a lil odd though? You could also glue the secondary weapons together and asymmetrically attach it to the turret? 

Personally I like having the weapons on the sides of the vehicle from a rule of kewl perspective, and with firing arcs not an issue any more it doesnt case me any issues! :D 

They can be glued on to the sides of the turret but the gatling cannon mount glued on there as well.

Agreed with Shamansky, HSVG work better w/ Gatling cannon

I know this having done the opposite on my first Taroux :(

You should be able to just glue the ACs / HSVG's to the sides of the turret?

It might look a lil odd though? You could also glue the secondary weapons together and asymmetrically attach it to the turret?

Personally I like having the weapons on the sides of the vehicle from a rule of kewl perspective, and with firing arcs not an issue any more it doesnt case me any issues! :D

I'm currently in the same spot of building my Taurox. And i think that side weapon hard points are dumb too. Honestly the designer of the model was under influence of somthing mind-bending or is a freaking hippie who doesn't know anything about machines of war. So i'm looking for the solution of putting all guns on turret. I'm going to fix HSVGs on it. 
You can put only barrels of autocannons on the viewing slot/stormbolter mounting and make the stormbolter pintle monted like on the space marine Rhino, if you want that stormbolter at all.

Archived