What might happen after Vigilus [Rumour]

evil_demon

Sounds cool but I'd rather it were done without the involvement of further primarchs. Could well be interesting, makes imperial control even more decentralised. The trick, I think, would be not to advance it too quickly and not have the 'secessionist chapters' (awkward term but feels more appropriate than 'renegade') turn to chaos immediately.

It could be like the early days of the Badab crisis as described in Imperial Armour 9. Not corruption but political disagreement and maybe clashes of allied personalities. First on the local level (the local traders of Karthago quarreling with the Astral Claws), then pulling it larger-scale forces as the disagreement grows (chapters like the Fire Hawks who already had history with the Astral Claws vs the Astral Claws' local allied chapters), then the central bodies of the Imperium get pulled in and stalemate, then all out war.

Do the first two or three or those stages in an increasingly post-apocalyptic Imperium Nihilus, with local flashpoint issues (increased pressure from Abaddon's forces and new chaos strongholds being established, less support from the Imperium proper, forge worlds agreeing with/disagreeing with Cawl, political power being invested in Baal, varied integration and changes from primaris marines/greyshield veterans) and the larger context of Guilliman's reforms, and you'd have something fascinating.

I'm pretty sure that if the Lion or the Wolf or any other loyal Primarch comes back it'll be only a matter of time until they too go visit the Emperor and know that Guilliman is not a traitor. All that talk is just ridiculous. ^^

Archived