Sisters Preview

CrusherJoe

Yeah its funny and cringey when people start going on about it but have no prior knowledge of it. Spot the non-sisters players.

"So the exorcist is unchanged, its still strength 8, ap-4 and d6 damage, so nothing new there." *eye twitch * i am equally joyous at the news and cringing so hard.

Yeah, it's clear no one who is reviewing plays them, since a couple people were suggesting that the AOF was a new concept. Like, wow! Look at this cool rule you guys get now! Not realizing we had it before, and it was better.

It's also kinda awful when they cross-reference the cost of the Exorcist with the Index rather than the previous Chapter Approved. Really can't help but make it come across as though they're reading this stuff for the first time without doing any kind of research whatsoever.

I think adding an order to Celestine presents more problems than it fixes. Same reason Phoenix Lords don't have <Craftworld>.

How could any order outside of Martyred Lady play Celestine without losing their conviction order? How could they share their buffs with Celestine like her order would be able to? Without either individual saints for the orders or a generic living saint for the codex, Celestine cannot be reserved for one order without hurting the other five.

Giving her <Order> wouldn't fit with the fluff, and it may come at the expense of her cost to receive those buffs.

I don’t think Celestine should have an order, it makes no sense - but she is one of the few (only?) beatsticks who cannot reroll her own ones, and no one else lets her reroll them either. Talk about feel-bad.

Except Guilliman, of course, he gives rerolls to all who ask.

Jain Zar & Kandaras, cant re-roll ones & cant be given the re-rolls either.... how ever both of them have other CC tricks (preventing you using a CC weapon Or MWs at the start of CC + possibly extra attacks)

So other leaks point to you being able to remove up to 6 objective cards from your deck before the game starts... now as this will make the whole game more mobile (in theory) it does suggest why such a open buff of being able to double move (with advance on both giving our infantry a potential 24" move) has been removed.

Some of the rules that are changing may not make sense until we have read ALL the new missions and rules!

Relatively few people actually use the objective cards or missions that use objective cards.

And Celestine comes back from the dead. Pretty nifty party trick :D

It would be, if it didn't give her slightly less overall durability than a Custodes Jetbike Captain...which she's the same price as.

So other leaks point to you being able to remove up to 6 objective cards from your deck before the game starts... now as this will make the whole game more mobile (in theory) it does suggest why such a open buff of being able to double move (with advance on both giving our infantry a potential 24" move) has been removed.

Some of the rules that are changing may not make sense until we have read ALL the new missions and rules!

Relatively few people actually use the objective cards or missions that use objective cards.

And there you have the problem...you are only playing half the game . I play more games with them than without!

Hello, thanks for that very long text Tempest, you made your point, and bring interesting ideas (even if a +1 on flamer will not really make them good for infantry IMO, increased range is what that weapon need). Also I wouldn't try to build to much around bloody rose, the bonus is really good on some units, but not that much for most, they will just run on opponent's face and being averagely effective before die hard ; or waste the bonus at not doing this...

Sacred rose sound not bad to hold objectives.

Valorous heart is probably the most reliable.

For Exorcists, average 2.34 hits, if they had the melta range they would be ok I guess.

I feel like Blood Rose makes a lot of sense for my Sisters list.  With flamers everywhere, I have to be super close to the enemy anyway and a bit of an extra incentive to assault in or a bit more punch when the opponent charges in will provide a nice buff.  And, of course, it will really help make Repentia and Canoness punch even farther above their weight.  I also want to, eventually, see how Celestians do with it as well, but they're not in the list I first plan on trying out.  And compared to that little extra punch, the 6+ FNP and the AoF buffs just seem lacklustre.  And, to be honest, I can't remember the sixth Order conviction.

It's also kinda awful when they cross-reference the cost of the Exorcist with the Index rather than the previous Chapter Approved. Really can't help but make it come across as though they're reading this stuff for the first time without doing any kind of research whatsoever.

I'm not gonna lie, I actually totally forgot that the exorcist was 160 at one point. Man, were they off on that one. It's 35pts cheaper AND has a better warscroll now and it's STILL borderline.

Which actually reminds me: Have we confirmed it's still T8 and 12 wounds?

I cant wait to make a 120+ horde of sisters and some tanks sitting with a 3+/4++/6+++

Ah, the joys of a game that takes 6 hours and results in about 250pts of casualties across both armies.

And there you have the problem...you are only playing half the game . I play more games with them than without!

No, people don't use them because there are far better missions than what come in the books.

Eternal war is garbage and Maelstrom is more funsies than anything.

Most people who play semi-competitively use ITC, ETC, Adepticon, or Nova missions.

I'm going to keep on with Bloody Rose because, well, that's my Order (well, the parent Order of my Order).  I'm not saying it is the best... I actually said that Ebon Chalice would likely be the best, during previews.  I honestly don't know which is going to be the best, in practice.  I'm sure there will be a few Orders that have a place, which is a good thing, because I think things like Alaitoc (the clear hands down BEST Eldar trait) are not good for a faction overall.

I'm still struggling to process this change that it looks like Sisters are getting.  The ability to drain effective AP down to -1 is pretty strong in the environment.  I don't see a terrifying amount of "drown them in base, no AP, saves", seems like -1 to -2 AP is the sweet spot to hit that desired volume vs effectiveness.  I also like that they're building onto that overly depressing mechanic of Shield of Faith.  Good god that old trait was so much garbage.  Hitting a battle sister with a meltagun was like the only way to make SoF relevant, and I felt like I was winning the exchange regardless of getting the 6++ or not if someone was blasting a 9 point model with a meltagun.  Now you can actually shield portions of your army from the worst of the shooting and still get a respectable save.  I'm wondering with the melta, plasma, and lascannon price drops if they'll start appearing in the environment a bit more... which would then add more value to shield of faith (especially if you get it on the tanks, too).

I see myself taking my classic battalion + spearhead of penitent engines, and making the spearhead HQ Ebon Chalice - provides vessels can cross orders. The battalion will be OoBR, as my sisters are painted, of course.

I’ve hashed out a starter list that leaves me about 350pts to ally in those tank commanders. I’m not 100% happy with the CP (9) and faith points (also 9) and may drop the Ebon Chalice buffer just to sneak back in a brigade.

The list includes a rhino, 3 immos, 3 PEs, and 3 russes... I will try to sneak in a game on Sunday. I’d play Saturday but there is ironically a local tournament that day.

I see myself taking my classic battalion + spearhead of penitent engines, and making the spearhead HQ Ebon Chalice - provides vessels can cross orders. The battalion will be OoBR, as my sisters are painted, of course.

I’ve hashed out a starter list that leaves me about 350pts to ally in those tank commanders. I’m not 100% happy with the CP (9) and faith points (also 9) and may drop the Ebon Chalice buffer just to sneak back in a brigade.

The list includes a rhino, 3 immos, 3 PEs, and 3 russes... I will try to sneak in a game on Sunday. I’d play Saturday but there is ironically a local tournament that day.

Are you talking about just bringing Russes in an IG spearhead alongside sisters or is there some new way for sisters to bring IG?

I'm really hoping to have the points left to get back in my Hellhounds and Devildog, but that would be me playing for the theme.  I'll see what I can work in with the 15 girl BSS, I think there was a lot of design put into us playing with larger squads... come to find out they don't like MSU design all the time!  I think Holy Trinity was practically designed with the thought of a 10-15 girl squad all getting that +1 to wound predominately with Boltguns.

I'll also be trying to get in games with the new CA missions that forego Sudden Death (but we're not SUPER competitive and usually finish at turn 5), and maybe a few maelstrom missions.  I really dislike the "blow the other guy off the table ASAP" games.  They just don't interest my playgroup.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to report on the "SUPER COMPETITIVE" health of the codex.  But maybe we can rely on other members with a tougher playgroup to delve into that arena.

@erjak ...yep competitive players only play half the game <there was an emoticon showing I’m not 100% serious here.....>

Although this little conversation has made me remember one little bit of info we need to include on all feedback emails .... game type and mission selected!

Are you talking about just bringing Russes in an IG spearhead alongside sisters or is there some new way for sisters to bring IG?

An IG supreme command, to fill our long range shooting gap.

Archived