Sisters Preview

CrusherJoe

Now I've had a chance to peek through the codex itself, I'm feeling... Okay? About everything. The changes to Celestine and the Geminiae are frustrating, as are all the This Unit Doesn't Use A Slot rigmarole, but the new Faith system doesn't look bad. It's not great, and no way near as good as II:2's system, but it's certainly superior to the WD and 6th ed systems. Most everything looks roughly the same as before. The Relics are nice, as are the Order Convictions. Though I'd prefer the latter to be less tied into the Faith system. 

I'm gonna need to play some games, I reckon.

Ive heard that the Eviscerator has been removed. Is this true?

It is still there, renamed as Penitent Eviscerator. It is only available to Repentia as far as I can see.

I don’t know the Index well but if Priest used to have the option to take them then yes they have been removed as neither the Preacher nor the Missionary has the option.

Ive heard that the Eviscerator has been removed. Is this true?

It is still there, renamed as Penitent Eviscerator. It is only available to Repentia as far as I can see.

I don’t know the Index well but if Priest used to have the option to take them then yes they have been removed as neither the Preacher nor the Missionary has the option.

Two separate weapons in the index....the penitent eviscerator was D2 for repenita only where as the normal one is D D6

The Canoness could take the Eviserator as well (it was part of the CCW weapons list)... if it has gone then thats a massive bummer as two of my priest models have one as well!  

Ouch! Why the blue blazes would it be gone?! Its not like they can say that they dont make the model- the cannoness comes with an eviscerator in her pack!

Please tell me the blade of admonition is still there. Mellee got truly shafted if thats gone too.

Ouch! Why the blue blazes would it be gone?! Its not like they can say that they dont make the model- the cannoness comes with an eviscerator in her pack!

Please tell me the blade of admonition is still there. Mellee got truly shafted if thats gone too.

Plastic Canoness & Misionary /Preacher boxes dont have it.... so even when we get a codex we'll still need to use the Index for some weapons :sad.:

which means we'll have missionaries, preachers & priests in our lists :p

It is, someone else will need to confirm if it is still the same though. 

Apologies for not having the Beta Codex sub forum open yet. I haven't been feeling too well the last few days and only just woke up :lol:

A reminder. All of the topics in that forum are for the Beta Codex ONLY. Any off topic posts will be removed. Where possible, any quotes of the Codex should have the page number added, for easier reference.

Ideally, members should read the Codex and take their time before posting. We're all excited and want to help by posting anything relevant. That said, posting in haste will not do any of us any favours.

Let's take our time and digest the Codex properly and work together, okay? :)

Since our store didn't get their copies yet, what is the word on detachments? What is our faction keyword and what units determine it? Is it still Adepta Sororitas like it is in CA2017? Is it Adeptus Ministorum like in the index? Is it something else entirely?

I'm basically trying to figure out if Ministorum units break Objective Secured and the ability to take the stratagems like they do in CA2017. The only thing reviewers have read is the part about Ministorum units not breaking Order Convictions just like Servitors don't break Chapter Tactics.

Question - do any of our relics give us a jump pack like effects?

I'm thinking like the craftworld relic which grants 12" move & FLY keyword.... 

Canoness should get the 'Wings of Faith' Relic which changes movement to 12", gives FLY & JUMP PACK keywords...

edit - PS: I'm waiting on my warlord CA2018...

Question - do any of our relics give us a jump pack like effects?

No - relics are:

-Super power sword

-Storm shield (canoness only)

-Relic bolt pistol

-Deny the witch booster

-3" increase in the characters auras

-Faith point regen

A lot faster than I was expecting. I thought it'd be at least a day or so. The Mistress and the twins are under the "No force Org" slot.

A lot faster than I was expecting. I thought it'd be at least a day or so. The Mistress and the twins are under the "No force Org" slot.

. Because they don't take an elite slot

I was pointing it out so everyone knows where they are on Battlescribe. It took me a bit to find them :lol:

issue no 1 writing a list is a pain... mistress can take a slot if you put her in a different formation to repentia... you can put 2 units of arcoflags IF you also have a priest in the same formation...

Issue 2... why remove all weapon choices from the priests? (Both types)

Issue 3 why remove evissorators?

I

Okay, I have created a new topic in the Beta Codex subforum for any and all general posts regarding the Beta Codex. I'll shut this one down. Please remember: The topics within the Beta Codex subforum should have facts only, no personal commentary (no matter how valid), as thats what the general topic is for :)

Archived