Are you still buying Oldmarines?

HighMarshalAmp

I’ve bought some support units this year. A couple Sentry Guns, FW RG Contemptor, and a couple Xiphons. Things I that fit my head canon as being part of a Ultima Founding Chapter. Keep talking myself out of Centurions but I love the models look (with a easy size conversion especially)

Never going to by any infantry models though. Rules and lore aside I just really prefer the Primaris scale.

To be fair most of us are so long in the tooth that we have many Classic Marine kits awaiting use so I'm very interested in hearing what new players are doing.

In addition the purchasing habits of players after the Detachment releases going forward.

I grabbed a bunch of Mk3's already and the only thing since then has been Deathwatch veterans and a few primaris from the Conquest magazines.  I really liked the Deathwatch Veterans and was a bit late to the party, but I now have enough for what I wanted to do.  Just hope they stay viable :)

Haven't bought any in a while.  I have quite a backlog already, and don't see much point in expanding the Sea of Grey on my desk with units that will (quite likely) become steadily obsolete or neglected.  

The exception is Dreadnoughts.  I really want more Dreadnoughts :D

Yes: I am predominantly buying OldMarines.

The only Primaris I have bought are Inceptors, and I intend to build up my OldMarines for a while - that said, with the very real possibility of OldMarines getting Squatted in a few years, I have been eyeing up Tyranids, Sisters of Battle (well, when they release the new line anyway), Tau and Drukhari.

I will, in all likelihood, buy only what I need in order to complete a couple of projects that I've been chipping away at.

These include:

-bringing the Dark Angels' 3rd Company up to full strength (excluding vehicles formerly now)

-still need

-command squad

-chaplain

-5 assault marines for 8th (assault) squad

-rounding out my Black Templars

-still need

-Helbrecht

-Grimaldus w/ retinue

-some scouts/Neophytes

-Sword Brethren (the classic ones if I can find some that don't cost a fortune)

Having said that, I think my focus may shift to xenos armies for the immediate future - mostly from an abundance of power armor and a desire to do something different.

Not really, but I will if I decide to get into Deathwatch (because their kit is pretty cool and avoids my growing issues with Oldmarines), and I should pick up a few boxes of GK terminators sooner or later. I like the Primaris models a lot more, and I'm convinced we're going to see some of the holes in the range filled this coming year.

No.  I have a large backlog of models to finish painting and it's pretty obvious at this point that GW is phasing out the line. Sure, they'll support the models for a while but eventually they are going to be index only entries with wildly overpriced options, and then they will be index entries with power level only like some of forge world's stuff.  

I have reached the point in my life with work and family that I don't really have the time to invest in this hobby to keep up with it at the pace GW needs to make money off of me.  I was only able to finish my Templars vow of 10 models and a dreadnought in 45 days.  At that rate I'll build an army just in time for it to be squatted.

I'm making a new chapter that I want to be primaris only. At the rate I build and paint I'm hoping by the time I get what's left of the Dark Imperium box done there will be more options for them. However I will probably run some non-primaris stuff for them because I already own it and it needs paint. But anything new that I buy will most likely be primaris since I see non-primaris being put out to pasture... eventually.

I'm still buying them for my Space Wolves, the main reason being that i really dislike the way Primaris have been added to that Chapter. Every other unit has been "Space Wolfed" in some way to give it it's own flavour - Grey Hunters instead of tactical marine squads,  Wolf Guard instead of Veterans and Terminators, etc - but the new stuff added in 8th has just been copy and pasted. I tend to tone down the levels of Wolf on my miniatures, but the Primaris lose too much currently. I also have an aversion to the way they gave the Primaris pack markings they haven't earned - If i get any Hellblasters, those two hundred year old youngsters won't be getting Long Fang markings.

In my other Space Marine forces, i've got a mixed Legion of the Damned force and a pure Primaris Rainbow Warrior army.

No more old marines for me since first pics of Primaris emerged. I think they look so much better.

That said I still want upscaled Terminators. Love those helmets. And I don't like the Aggressor fists with the guns poking past the knuckles. May have to combine the kits.

I am protesting now and refrain from any purchases from GW at the moment. However, when they do something to address my issues with their business practices and products, I will certainly buy some classic marines to supplement my force. No Primaris are allowed to join my crusade - they are too large when compared to other models in the game and, despite the overall improved impressions, quite boring.

I am toying with the idea of make Deathwatch with mostly traitor Astartes.

Lead by some strict loyalist to make sure that they behave and act as a commissar if they don't.

For that I would be using mostly "Classic" Astartes.

A think I will call it the Dirty Deathwatch after the classic movie The Dirty Dozen.

No as I'm on a purchasing diet for marines right now.  But I will as there are lots of things design wise I like about marines (they are not 'old' or 'classic', just ask the beakies).

If they don't get new units or updated I have a chance at the mythical 'finished army'.

Primaris in comparison don't do it for me. I look at them and dislike certain aspects of pretty much every kit they have. I guess sticking more guns or bigger guns on everything doesn't appeal.  I can't quite put my finger on it but something about their basic design bugs me.

Archived