Idaho - Interesting info here from Space marines errata from the 16th

IMPERIAL ARMOUR – INDEX: FORCES OF THE ADEPTUS ASTARTES

Angels of Death Add the following ability to all datasheets (excluding Grey Knights datasheets): ‘This unit has the following abilities: And They Shall Know No Fear, Bolter Discipline, Shock Assault and Combat Doctrines.’

Therefore your ancient on a bike is now safe for angels of death?

Edited by jonjacob

So victrix honour guard seems to work very well with gene wrought might.

Supplemented by litany here or there could work very well indeed!

Seal oath might be a nice replacement for the warden of ultramar trait from vigilus, and at least you don't need 2 cp to get there.

Only down side is stratagem loss.

I'm starting to think double battalions are the way to go. It's a shame battle forged chapters didn't get a cp boost.

Oh and tyranic war vets are keyworded as sternguard.

Chapter ancient isn't bad either. +3 to banner ability

Victrix guard specalist detachment chapter ancient or ancient in terminator armour with warden of ultramar and seal of oath relic. Is something I might try.

Edited by jonjacob

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this Formation is back on the menu! The Ancient on a Bike is back in business with Angels of Death and can have the Standard of Maccragge Inviolate.

Rock on. We can be looking at Vanguard with dual lightning claws getting 5 attacks each!

Looks like this Formation is back on the menu! The Ancient on a Bike is back in business with Angels of Death and can have the Standard of Maccragge Inviolate.

Rock on. We can be looking at Vanguard with dual lightning claws getting 5 attacks each!

Unfortunately the ancient on bike's non-relic banner still doesn't affect BIKES though! Silly situation where the only banner that doesn't affect BIKES is the one that is actually on a bike, as they have now added BIKES to all the others...

I saw you wanted to use him with assault squads though. I might consider doing that too!