The Black Fist (Armoured Company and Co.) WIP

The Black Guard

I really like having two crewed hatches on the top. It really gives the Baneblade a unique look when compared to other vehicles. I'm a bit jealous, as I bought my Shadowsword on release day, before they merged the Baneblade and Shadowsword kits. It did come with a nice certificate though.

Regarding the lascannon, I think it would be a pretty simple fix to replace it with a heavy weapon team lascannon. I did a similar thing to some Russes at one point. I would probably change the other one to match, although that isn't really necessary.

Thanks! Regarding the blood red stripes, I thought they should represent the blood they spill as a warning to their foes.

Here's more work on the baneblade - I need to buy a light grey to highlight the baneblade so I've done other bits whilst that is coming.

IMG 3478

IMG 3477

IMG 3476

IMG 3475

Also what do you guys think of the other lascannon?

IMG 3481

And finally, ANOTHER vehicle to transport my dudes around (I like the dozer blade personally):

IMG 3482

IMG 3483

Just a note - I've been doing this all without an airbrush as I haven't been brave enough to get one. From your experience is it worth the money? Is it compulsory to use special paints? I'm sure there's tutorials and stuff on YouTube but wanted to know your thoughts!

Lascannon looks fine. From a fluff perspective, a replacement lascannon is totally something that would happen. I remember an old shadowsword special character that had a rule about a sponson that was a replacement. The machine spirit was a bit annoyed so it was always the first gun to be destroyed.

My new and expanded force to include 3 bullgryns and two officers (just have to headswap officers and finish painting bullgryns) ALSO most of rivets now done on baneblade:

IMG 3490

IMG 3492

Also need to finish off the chimera.

Also a WIP of my rough riders on wolves which will be added to my force when they are done:

IMG 3493

IMG 3494

Also I will be getting an airbrush soon so will be trying that out on some different vehicles (the basilisk I also have) before re-painting my executioner better. In the future I need to get some veteran beret heads from anvil and do some more infantry.

Lore:

Accompanying Sionsa (planet with the Black Fist) around the sun, Zynrind (a much larger planet) orbits a fair distance closer than Sionsa, meaning its once luscious jungles have been turned to barren dry deserts. Once Zynrind orbited roughly at the same distance as Sionsa and had many different species of sentient but primitive life with lots of biodiversity. However due to its larger mass was pulled closer (and still is) the climate got too hot for many of the species and they had to adapt to survive. After years of continual struggle to survive and an increasingly hotter climate, a dominant species emerged - honed to desert warfare and survival, with weapons to combine a crude rifle and a hooked spear. They blended in extremely well in desert environments and adopted hit-and-run tactics to maximise these advantages. They were called the Zynrine.

However, their planet was rapidly approaching the sun, and they needed to get off Zynrind in order to survive as a species as eventually it would become too hot for any life form. Luckily at this point exploration ships from Sionsa reached them and made contact (the Sioneese wore thermo-resistant gear and light-filtering gasmasks to protect themselves). After a few 'misunderstandings' the two races came to an agreement: the Sioneese would take them off their world and house and feed the Zynrine on Sionsa, and the Zynrine would become their mercenaries. The Zynrine would be rotated on a regular basis between working in the mines, fighting and resting (a few years each). In addition they have to work near the edge of the Noxis (darker and colder side) where it is hotter, but that is where most of the mines are  located anyway. 

Basically I'm gonna get and paint some kroot mercenaries in a desert scheme along the lines of this to be a skirmishing force:

kroot

Archived