plas pistol -2

power fist -3

relic blade -12

storm shield character -5

storm shield dudes -3!!!!!!!!!

stalker bolt rifle -1

twin lascannons -10

That's all of it!

Primaris changes are awesome. No more bolt pistol tax on Intercessors. Redemptors dropping 41 points with the Onslaught loadout. Repulsors dropping 25, but an extra 10 from TLC. Surprised to see no change to the las talon. Reivers now just 1ppm over the cost of auto bolt rifle Intercessors. Power fists dropped, which might be great for the incoming IF upgrades applying to Intercessor squads. Captains also cheaper. 

I love this. My full Primaris DW are going to rock!

First off, holy #$%^&*&^%$#$%^&*&^%$#ing :censored:!!!
17 veterans with boltgun and storm shield vs a basic intercessor of 19 pts. THIS!! THIS!!! THIS!!! This is the thing that keeps Veterans competitive now imo.

Granted, vets were always competitive because they could bring storm bolters and ride in transports. 

At least they now maintain the competitiveness. If they hadn't dropped comparably, there would be a tougher justification vs the inherent toughness of primaris and the efficiency of their weapons compared to a boltgun.

True. It's a pity that the Indomitus Crusaders stratagems don't seem to apply to Deathwatch :sad.:

Though I imagine that would be pretty broken. Imagine an Indomitus Veteran Intergressor unit with the potential for 19 power fist attacks (should the sgt. get access to it from the IF sprue). 

Or a bunch of stalker snipers with hellfire. 

In truth, I had hoped that Vigilus would be good for us and give us toys...but with the CA2018 pts cuts I could care less about that now. I'm happy I have a 17 pt dude with a 3++ and a SIA boltgun, 39 pt frag cannons, or 79 pt biker unit of 16 RF SIA shots.

thank god we don't have to pay for pistols. and our terminators no longer cost 5 more points for no reason.

what an amazing update.

I'm hoping it isn't over. The first page of the points lists mentions 4 pages of updated data sheets. I'm curious to see what those are...

At least they now maintain the competitiveness. If they hadn't dropped comparably, there would be a tougher justification vs the inherent toughness of primaris and the efficiency of their weapons compared to a boltgun.

True. It's a pity that the Indomitus Crusaders stratagems don't seem to apply to Deathwatch :sad.:

Though I imagine that would be pretty broken. Imagine an Indomitus Veteran Intergressor unit with the potential for 19 power fist attacks (should the sgt. get access to it from the IF sprue). 

Or even 10 rapid fire intercessors using the new rapid fire stratagem, 40 SIA hellfire -1 rounds? sign me up. If only. maybe the datasheets will change intercessors to INTERCESSOR SQUAD.

Blood angels and Dark angels have it, but not deathwatch and space wolves.

Or even 10 rapid fire intercessors using the new rapid fire stratagem, 40 SIA hellfire -1 rounds? sign me up. If only. maybe the datasheets will change intercessors to INTERCESSOR SQUAD.

We don't get the new toys there dude. To get the keyword and access to the detachment stratagem we need a "Space Marines" detachment. We don't get those, we get "Deathwatch" detachments.

We don't get the new toys there dude. To get the keyword and access to the detachment stratagem we need a "Space Marines" detachment. We don't get those, we get "Deathwatch" detachments.

I know that codex space marines defines space marines as that, but they have screwed up before (see space wolves warlord traits) it could be possible that other chapters (books) are intended to get them too. A FAQ after it releases will confirm.

A lot more things got reduced than I thought would. I think I gained easily 200 points on my usual list.

On the flip side, it's kind of funny how the side effect of this is that our unique weapons, FC and IHB, continue to become poorer and poorer choices, haha.

Nice to see the points drops, but I don't think I'll actually be saving that many points from the looks of it since I run pure Primaris for infantry. I plan to be taking Venerable Dreadnoughts, so I should see some reductions there. I'm curious how many points I'll actually be saving. I wonder if it'd get me another Captain or Librarian in the list?  

Looks like I'll save ~20 points on each dread (Ven w/TLLC & ML) and about 20pts for each of my intercessors & the 9 pts for my Primaris captain so about 69pts saved it seems may be a little shy for another Primaris Captain. I guess it'll depend on how many points I save for my 8 Hellblasters, 4 Inceptors & 8 Aggressors (IF they're actually even reduced, don't have my Codex w/me right now, so I'm not sure) that I take w/my Intercessors.

The twin las and ML ven dred gets a 25 point reduction (10 for dred, 10 for TL, 5 for ML)

I’ve been thinking of taking 3 with a watch Captain with the relic shield for a 5++.

I actually think this helps the FC because we get a few more spare points to take them.

The gear points drops are pretty good I think. I haven’t done a points comparison on my current list, but I should be able to get a few more boys in.

On the flip side, it's kind of funny how the side effect of this is that our unique weapons, FC and IHB, continue to become poorer and poorer choices, haha.

I also had a chuckle at Relic Blade reduction. I like how DW Vanguard/PA captains are in literally the only SM book which can't take them :dry.:

I also wish DW Primaris could take storm shields and more melee weapons, alas, that's not going to change in this century...

Aux GL drop is nice, but they really need to fix its wording, as right now, 5 man squad can't take it. No drops for auto bolters? Grav gun more expensive than plasma? What? Not that it matters, DW combi-weapons pricing kinda made special weapons obsolete. Stalkers really need to be free, they suck thanks to SIA limits, bolt carbines too TBH. Inferno pistols finally worth noticing, though too short ranged to be taken over plasma still. I am also puzzled why reivers and hellblasters are more expensive than intercessors...

Archived