Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio Vulturum: Gore Crows

Adeptus Titanicus Legio Vulturum Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy game

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts

I've managed to pretty much complete Xana Robore for my vow but haven't started at all on my warhounds - I've got a lot of free time the next few days so I'll likely be able to do them then! teehee.gif

YiXPEcjl.jpgGKTZy4zl.jpg

bIb5Pyvl.jpg

• Chaeron, Sandlemad, Dark Bjoern and 8 others like this

Sherrypie

Sherrypie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts

Swell job, Crow! Very regal result.

• Gore Crow likes this

#ConvertEverything!

30k / 40k / Epic: Truescale Death Guard / Mechanicum project http://www.bolterand...s-with-the-xiv/

AT: Legio Favilla walks, Ashen Gods unleashed http://www.bolterand...gods-unleashed/

gallery_48988_16045_17820.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_8658.png

General Zodd

General Zodd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
These do look lovely! I especially like the marbled white, really effective against the high gloss black. Out of interest, how many painting hours do you reckon the white has taken?
  • Gore Crow likes this
gallery_48988_15151_12750.pnggallery_48988_15151_3702.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_12487.png

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts
Thanks! The white doesn't take too long really, putting down the base layers is a big stage because I'm going around the trim/details and it's boring so I drag my feet. The actual marbling was probably 1-1.5 hours.

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,707 posts

Simply gorgeous!

• Gore Crow likes this

schoon

schoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 713 posts

Very handsome work on these. They must look amazing on the tabletop.

One minor constructive criticism - you seem to place the vehicles/troops on your bases in similar locations. Make sure to keep it varied.

• Gore Crow likes this

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,364 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
The marble looks wonderful - great work on them!
  • Gore Crow likes this

bdbspeeddemon.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

Achinadav

Achinadav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts
  • Faction: Legio Hellion
Blimey, that marble looks great!
  • Gore Crow likes this

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts
Thanks all!

Very handsome work on these. They must look amazing on the tabletop.

One minor constructive criticism - you seem to place the vehicles/troops on your bases in similar locations. Make sure to keep it varied.

Great comment - I see it now you mention it!
I've got some not-assault-terminators from Vanguard Miniatures so hopefully I can be a bit more creative with them than with the old, static epic marines.

Edited by Gore Crow, 23 April 2019 - 12:27 PM.

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts

Had a quick game with my old man this weekend using my war-barbies. Still somewhat in salesman mode until he actually assembles his GM set, so very easygoing game with no objectives just looking for explosions.

That said, I went with a laser/plasma/fist WL and laser/melta/chainfist reaver (with one missile/laser/gatling) for the rip-and-tear and put myself at a disadvantage as he didn't need to move at all. sweat.gif

VZdXVY1l.jpg

I donked up moving my warlord forward, using full stride often instead of pushing locomotors, making mistakes with positioning, and ended up with loads of spare reactor and but very far away. D'oh. He eventually died after being hit sideways by quake.

My fist reaver made it though! Cored it's opposite number and got slagged in a cataclysmic explosion. Everybody wins.

y9NClh3l.jpg

• Chaeron, Reyner, DuskRaider and 2 others like this

DuskWalker

DuskWalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

I still can't get enough of that marble effect, and the tiny doods on the bases are great too!

Have you considered adding some colour scheme or heraldry inspiration from the "canon" Vulturam scheme now that Doom of Molech is out? It seems you were on the money with the amount of black, it just seems like FW chose to pair it with either sea-green or blue(?) instead of white. 

• Gore Crow likes this

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,030 posts

I still can't get enough of that marble effect, and the tiny doods on the bases are great too!

Have you considered adding some colour scheme or heraldry inspiration from the "canon" Vulturam scheme now that Doom of Molech is out? It seems you were on the money with the amount of black, it just seems like FW chose to pair it with either sea-green or blue(?) instead of white. 

That's Vulcanum, not Vulturum, innit?

The Legio is looking great. Nice to see them hit the field, even fighting against each other!

• Gore Crow likes this

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,302 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK
Nice to see someone else playing with his dad, I have zero pity on our games however 😈.
Did you use Duncan's tutorial for the marble?
Crucius in Molech is white and black too so now you just need some traitors!
  • Gore Crow likes this

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B(2).pngUntitled-1.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_5192.pnggallery_48988_15151_1303.pnggallery_48988_16045_6601.pngETL_Medal_03.gifL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

DuskWalker

DuskWalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

The Legio is looking great. Nice to see them hit the field, even fighting against each other!

Ah, correct, my bad!

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,364 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

They look great - on a lovely set-up, which just adds to it all. Sounds like a really fun game!

• Gore Crow likes this

bdbspeeddemon.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts

Thanks! As stated above that's Vulcanum, but I sure hope I'm not too far off when they do eventually put my beep-boops in a book! I'll likely accept whatever rules and fluff I get if the scheme is close enough.

Yeah I like to think of it as scouring the loyalist elements for now, thanks!

Nice to see someone else playing with his dad, I have zero pity on our games however 😈.
Did you use Duncan's tutorial for the marble?
Crucius in Molech is white and black too so now you just need some traitors!

We'll get there soon I bet, when we're not muddling through the rules together.

Yeah that tutorial is great; I lifted most of it as is but made a couple of changes.

And they already are traitors! devil.gif

They look great - on a lovely set-up, which just adds to it all. Sounds like a really fun game!

Thanks! The mat is 40k scale but works ok when I don't think about it. msn-wink.gif

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts

Somewhat of a break since my last finished crows, but I've got some Warhounds that'll be done soon!

GVDjuk1l.jpg

Following that I'll have some more Cerastus and a couple of chonky Acastus.

• Brother Dallo, Achinadav and General Zodd like this

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts

Finished Warhounds, Algor Mortis and Metus Tenebra.

ok7PS2Fh.jpg

• Chaeron, Reyner, Interrogator Stobz and 5 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,233 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Great job on the Warhounds!
  • Gore Crow likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,071 posts
  • Faction: All of them?
Black and white looks great on those.
  • Gore Crow likes this

Blame my iPhone for typos because I'm 95% on mobile.

malika666

malika666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,097 posts
Nice Terminators!
  • Gore Crow likes this

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 575 posts

your marble is beautiful as always, and the extra glossy black is also nice, and I don't think that part of your paint scheme has gotten praise yet.

• Gore Crow likes this

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,707 posts

Beautiful hounds!

• Gore Crow likes this

Achinadav

Achinadav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts
  • Faction: Legio Hellion
Lovely job, the blue and brass adds just the right slash of colour.
  • Gore Crow likes this

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts

Thanks all!

your marble is beautiful as always, and the extra glossy black is also nice, and I don't think that part of your paint scheme has gotten praise yet.

Thank you! Lucked out that it looks good with the white/metal and also with titan scale; not sure it'd work as well in 28mm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Titanicus, Legio Vulturum, Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users