Discussion post points CA leak

Iron_Within

Yikes I must live in my own fantasy world where Chaos Marines are actually some of the only viable marines on the table. 

My black legion consistently perform well only using 20-40 cultists backed up by a fair number of marines. Then again I stay far far FAR away from solely competitive metas. but even against so called "competitive" lists my lists don't wilt like a flower in my experience. I rarely have had an issue with knight lists, or other marine lists for that matter. My Abbadon kicked the kneecaps out of many a knight in his time on the table. (confirmed kills on at least 5 knights I can recall over a few games) 

"Depressing time to play chaos" I beg to differ: never been a better time to be a chaos player of ANY stripe. (To be fair WE and EC are still forthcoming lol!) 

Yikes I must live in my own fantasy world where Chaos Marines are actually some of the only viable marines on the table. 

My black legion consistently perform well only using 20-40 cultists backed up by a fair number of marines. Then again I stay far far FAR away from solely competitive metas. but even against so called "competitive" lists my lists don't wilt like a flower in my experience. I rarely have had an issue with knight lists, or other marine lists for that matter. My Abbadon kicked the kneecaps out of many a knight in his time on the table. (confirmed kills on at least 5 knights I can recall over a few games) 

"Depressing time to play chaos" I beg to differ: never been a better time to be a chaos player of ANY stripe. (To be fair WE and EC are still forthcoming lol!) 

How do you do against Guard? I've not been able to beat them yet this edition (got less than ten games against them though). Vengeance for Cadia and Relic of Lost Cadia invariably kicks my teeth in. 

How do you do against Guard? I've not been able to beat them yet this edition (got less than ten games against them though). Vengeance for Cadia and Relic of Lost Cadia invariably kicks my teeth in. 

I don't even bother playing against Guard with Chaos for this reason. I'd use my Traitor Guard as counts-as loyalists or Tyranids before letting my opponent reroll everything.

• On that note - don't play the Cityfight missions, just the rules. The Cityfight missions are horrible.

Cities of Death missions are fantastic...as long as you remember that they are Narrative Play missions and treat them accordingly.

But the CoD rules look like amazing fun, whether you prefer competitive of narrative play.

My local meta has a few "loyal 32s" but no mono-guard lists to be fair. So I don't have alot of experience against guard lists. One of the only guard lists around here I am aware of is a Militarum Tempestus list backed up by knights. 

Ad mech, Orks (oh dear the orks), Custodes, knights, Necrons, Eldar of all 3 stripes though more harlies and dark then craftworld, marines of every armor shade, chaos, and daemons are all fairly frequent at my local meta. Falls anywhere between "competitive" with a couple of "that guys" to your bottom of the barrel casual lists. I usually fall in between in the "Semi-competitive" where I have some units that are very solid on the "competitive" choice and a couple of fun interesting units but the army never wilts like a flower. 

To be fair I can also crutch the ever living heck out of Abbadon in an emergency on the table....There is literally nothing in the game that I wouldn't throw him head first into. 

Hard to say, as there is precious little communication between the rules team and players. At the moment, it seems intentional given the historical (warning: whiner alert) bias that suggests chaos equivalents should be worse in some way than their loyalist counterparts. I realize that it could be framed differently, such as we have to pay points because we have access to stratagems and marks and blah blah blah. Don't agree, but that argument has been made.

Salt aside, they also address very little in the grand scheme of the game in FAQs and Errata. The units and gear among all armies are pretty vast, I don't imagine they spend a ton of time on each one. Could still be addressed in the future, though.

Another possibility is that we'll be getting a new codex or supplement within this edition or the next that upends a lot of stuff like this, so they're not bothering to deal with it at all until that time, when they can go ahead and charge us for a new book(s).

Yeah, I tried to argue a little earlier that 'Shoot twice' stratagem and easy access to combi-plasma 'forces' GW to price them higher than loyalists. People however disagreed with me quite vocally. Only fact we know is that the discrepancy has been since index, and because they [GW] consistently keeps it like this we are forced to conclude the price differential is deliberate choice and not an accident.

If it still manages to be an accident their rules review process must be extremely arbitrary. Which would not be surprising as meltaguns are still more expensive than plasma and no one knows why.

So the more expensive Chaos Terminators are intentional? Or how do we have to understand this FAQ?

We can only assume it's intentional.

[Conspiracy theory] GW is about to release new Chaos Terminators with Vigilus II, where they'll get a new datasheet with updated rules. They're keeping the points higher than Loyalists' so the changes look better by comparison. [/conspiracy theory]

He have 10 games testers who play 4 games a day 5 days a week according to Warhammer 40k Facebook page.

There Dev team is similar numbers for 40k. I would be entirely unsurprised if this has significant overlap if not then being one and the same.

From other things I've heard, the Devs sound like they live in a bubble where they don't realise just how much some things influence or how much the game differs from what they imagine.

From lack of responses from queries I don't think they examine a tenth of the feedback they claim to get - for 1 it would be impractical in real terms.

Basically, our feedback has fallen on deaf ears and in incredibly angry and disappointed by this

Well, I've seen a few posts on Facebook that mention the Chaos Terminator issue. If these get enough likes we might at least trigger a reply from the social media team. I phrased a comment asking for them to pass the issue on, so maybe that is the way to go.

https://m.facebook.com/1575682476085719/photos/a.1576243776029589/2216783471975613/?type=3&comment_id=2216951155292178&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1547496827429946&ref=m_notif

Writing more emails does not seem that helpful after having been ignored before, sadly :/

Of course, they get thousands of emails, but if they ask for feedback I would like to think that all of them have been read before the FAQ is published.

Kinda weird they'd keep CSM Terminators so expensive when they're currently pushing the Black Legion narrative. :ermm:

Unless they make Falkus Kibre a thing, black legion aren't necessarily about terminators. Just because Abby cool rocks terminator armour I personally wouldn't consider it thematic

Kinda weird they'd keep CSM Terminators so expensive when they're currently pushing the Black Legion narrative. :ermm:

Unless they make Falkus Kibre a thing, black legion aren't necessarily about terminators. Just because Abby cool rocks terminator armour I personally wouldn't consider it thematic

While I agree they're far from the "Terminator Legion", teleporting Terminators & decapitation strikes have been a part of the Black Legion's lore for decades - certainly more so than for any other Traitor Legion.

Ah, ok.

Chaos space marine and space marine bolters are getting a buff in February's white dwarf with a new beta rule.

Bolters and bolt weapons with rapid fire e.g. the talon of Horus, Combi bolters can shoot twice if any of the following conditions are met:

+Are in half range (normal rule)

+ Have not moved in the movement phase

+ Are a bike, terminator or vehicle.

Means our bikes, terminators and vehicles i.e. rhinos shoot 4 times at 24" even after moving.

Chosen with Combi bolters are buffed.

I mean it's biggest buff is hurricane bolters and the like which we don't get but CE la ve. I've been enjoying city fight recently and this makes my marines even better in those games

Chosen with Combi-bolter and Chainsword are great objective campers for sure now. Cost basically nothing, get 4 shots per model at 24" and if some sneaky guys get too close they have three attacks in melee as well (or if you want to make them a bit more expensive you can give them chainswords of course).

Chosen with Combi-bolter and Chainsword are great objective campers for sure now. Cost basically nothing, get 4 shots per model at 24" and if some sneaky guys get too close they have three attacks in melee as well (or if you want to make them a bit more expensive you can give them chainswords of course).

? Did you mean chainaxe? Chainswords are free.

? Did you mean chainaxe? Chainswords are free.
Yeah of course. I already mentioned chainswords earlier after all. ^^

Archived